• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.

[STICKY] Feature Requests and Bugs List - READ RULES - No direct posts here.

Zyphur

Oct 7, 2011
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Might as well post up since I've been wondering.
Sometimes, completely randomly, I'll be watching a video on MX Player and the picture will freeze but the sound will keep going. The whole phone kind of locks up with the frozen pic, and the sound going. If I hit the area where home would be and the lock screen, it'll go after about 15 seconds or so, then I just unlock my phone and continue and everything is fine. I never experienced this until maybe the last 2 weeks or so. I'm assuming it is an mx player issue, but just wondering if anybody has experienced the same?

CDB-Man

May 29, 2013
Might as well post up since I've been wondering.
Sometimes, completely randomly, I'll be watching a video on MX Player and the picture will freeze but the sound will keep going. The whole phone kind of locks up with the frozen pic, and the sound going. If I hit the area where home would be and the lock screen, it'll go after about 15 seconds or so, then I just unlock my phone and continue and everything is fine. I never experienced this until maybe the last 2 weeks or so. I'm assuming it is an mx player issue, but just wondering if anybody has experienced the same?
I'd start a new forum thread with that question. If it's caused by specific video formats, post the mediainfo of one of those videos. Also provide your phone model and ROM version.

wilzard

Mar 5, 2011
Portland
www.facebook.com
Add opt-out to analytics

Please add an option to opt out of whatever tracking you are using with this app. I haven't bothered to decompile to see what it actually is, but ever since a recent update from Google Play your app continually loads itself in the background - even while Greenified! I've been through the in app options over and over with a fine toothed comb and there is no way to opt out, disable, turn off, or even a heads up that my device's information is being logged. Continually.

I know I can go into app ops or per-app hacking or similar to disable it, but I shouldn't need to. App devs from XDA should know better than to include tracking/analytics with no way in app to disable.

Thirumalai.K

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
Please add an option to opt out of whatever tracking you are using with this app. I haven't bothered to decompile to see what it actually is, but ever since a recent update from Google Play your app continually loads itself in the background - even while Greenified! I've been through the in app options over and over with a fine toothed comb and there is no way to opt out, disable, turn off, or even a heads up that my device's information is being logged. Continually.

I know I can go into app ops or per-app hacking or similar to disable it, but I shouldn't need to. App devs from XDA should know better than to include tracking/analytics with no way in app to disable.
MX Player does not collect your personal informations. Which version you are using?

I have double checked MX Player & MX Player Pro latest stable version as well as beta version. There is no such malicious activities found.

You might have confused with cached process. When you close using back button the process is cached & not killed for faster start up.

Try to swipe out the mx player from recent apps list. It will kill the cached process

alternatively, from Settings 》General, enable quit button. Now quit from menu & check it again whether it still runs or not.

If it is still running, I doubt that you might be using modified / hacked application which may trace your activities. Try to reinstall from playstore or official website.

Reactions: wilzard

wilzard

Mar 5, 2011
Portland
www.facebook.com
MX Player does not collect your personal informations. Which version you are using?

I have double checked MX Player & MX Player Pro latest stable version as well as beta version. There is no such malicious activities found.

You might have confused with cached process. When you close using back button the process is cached & not killed for faster start up.

Try to swipe out the mx player from recent apps list. It will kill the cached process

alternatively, from Settings 》General, enable quit button. Now quit from menu & check it again whether it still runs or not.

If it is still running, I doubt that you might be using modified / hacked application which may trace your activities. Try to reinstall from playstore or official website.
Thanks for the heads up. It is the official version available from the Play Store. I haven't made any changes.

I always clear recents before sleeping my device. I also use a Greenify hibernation shortcut after clearing recents which clears the cache of running apps (and gives a nice toast telling you which apps were hibernated).

I read through your thread a bit and decided it might be best to clear defaults associated with MX. I did so, and it is no longer loading itself in the background. MX Player shouldn't have been capable of launching itself anyway since I had it added in Greenify. Strange.

I am still at a loss as to how this was happening in the first place because it was running in the background from cold boots, after web browsing in chrome, and at random times without me looking at any media files.

Clearing defaults associated with MX seems to have cleared it up for now.
If it comes back again I'll PM you a logcat.

alexdaydream

Aug 10, 2014
Feature request Chromecast

MX has been my preferred player for a long time so firstly thank you. Was wondering if you had any plans to have Chromecast support as would love to be able to throw to TV.

Alex

majidasgari

Jan 6, 2012
Titles for URLs passed to MXPlayer intent

Hi there!

I have passed many network URLs to MX-Player by an intent as a playlist, but i couldn't pass titles of them to player. Consequently my end user sees UDP URLs instead user-friendly channel names. Can I pass multiple titles for playlist URLs in current version of MX-Player? If no, Is there a plan to add such a feature?

I must add, I can pass one title for first track of playlist by intent currently.

Thanks in advance :)

CDB-Man

May 29, 2013
Hi there!

I have passed many network URLs to MX-Player by an intent as a playlist, but i couldn't pass titles of them to player. Consequently my end user sees UDP URLs instead user-friendly channel names. Can I pass multiple titles for playlist URLs in current version of MX-Player? If no, Is there a plan to add such a feature?

I must add, I can pass one title for first track of playlist by intent currently.

Thanks in advance :)
That's an interesting question, and one worth discussing. I recommend you start a new thread on this topic, and see what the developer thinks.

Aashuk Mehta

Sep 4, 2012
Mumbai
So did you prioritize the requests on your own or the dev of mx player did. Also will the real dev never be here in the forums to answer the questions. And where can I find the betas you talk about

CDB-Man

May 29, 2013
So did you prioritize the requests on your own or the dev of mx player did. Also will the real dev never be here in the forums to answer the questions. And where can I find the betas you talk about
If you're asking all these questions, then you definitely aren't reading any of the welcome material.

ALL of your questions are answered in the forum welcome thread.

P.S. Request priority is set based on demand for feature and feasibility of the request. Decided via internal discussion.
P.P.S. One of your questions is actually answered in my signature. Also, the developer is actually quite active here.

Last edited: