Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 9, 2009
Midwest, USA
OnePlus 8
JC5tV.png

qEzvS.png

xRjxx.png

What is the purpose of this thread?
In an attempt to keep this Forum just a bit more organized. All past and future sticky's will be links in this thread instead. If you have any suggestions, please post a link in this thread and I will add appropriate threads to this post. This thread will always remain open and will be cleaned regularly so don't be offended if your posts are deleted after I have read them.​

Forum Searching | Posting | The Basics: (Make sure you've read them before starting a new thread)

HP TouchPad Wiki

Yes, XDA has a wiki page set up for the HP TouchPad. Currently it is a sad lonely thing striving for your attention. It could become a great resource if we start updating it accordingly. Please feel free to edit it appropriately. One very important thing to remember that the wiki is often most helpful to new members so be as clear, concise and accurate as possible with the information you add. This wiki is going to be a good as WE make so please get to work! :)

Your Forum Moderators

Last edited by a moderator:

BIGSimon

Jan 19, 2012
Barnsley
HP TouchPad Index

G9KsJ.png

The goal of this post/thread is aid both veteran & new users with all their HP Touchpad needs.

Whether you are a new TouchPad owner looking for a guide or an experienced user looking for an organized list of ROM options.

Feel free to suggest what you would like included.

I plan on expanding this throughout my spare time so I apologize beforehand if i'm not on top of every release.​

dosvx.png

Android 5.1.x - Lollipop - CM12.1
Android 5.0.x - Lollipop - CM12
Android 4.4.x - Kit Kat - CM11
Android 4.3.x - Jelly Bean - CM10.2
Android 4.2.x - Jelly Bean - CM10.1
Android 4.1.x - Jelly Bean - CM10
Android 4.0.x - Ice Cream Sandwich - CM9
Android 2.3.x - Gingerbread - CM7
Android 2.2.x - Froyo
WebOS Doctor 3.0.x

hlf6r.png

Kernels
MODS
Recoveries

daP9o.png

User Made How To Threads
How to install Android 5.0.x with Jcsullins TPtoolbox "The Super Easy Way"
Touchpad Toolbox
HP TP Data/Media Recovery, Rom Notes + Install Guide
How to Update/Install Android 4.2, 4.3 and 4.4 Builds on the HP TouchPad
How to install Android on the HP TouchPad "The Easy Way"
How to Install CM Alpha on Touchpad
Web-OS Overclock the HP Touchpad to 1.9Ghz
CM7 Install Instructions
CM9 Install Instructions
Boot to WebOS by Default after installing CyanogenMod Android
webOS & CM7 - Adjusting/Premake CM7 custom size partitions
CM7: Fixes for SDCARD Issues
Triple Boot Ubuntu, Android, and WebOS
How to build AOKP/ICS
How to pull a Logcat
The Google Now for ICS Project
TPDebrick by jcsullins
JcSullins' Moboot versions (Version Poll, Please Vote!)
Make a Boot Animation from ANY Online Video!
Factory condition restoration / Downgrade to webOS 3.0.0
Video Tutorials
Themes

Thanks to MindSplit for his work!

Last edited:

krook6023

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 9, 2009
Midwest, USA
OnePlus 8
Thread updated, thanks to MindSplit for his work! Please let us know what other topics should be added.

Edit: Thanks to BIGSimon for stepping up and maintaining this post!

Last edited:

krook6023

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 9, 2009
Midwest, USA
OnePlus 8
Y U NO UPDATE THE WIKI?

p8zVq.png

HP TouchPad Wiki
Yes, XDA has a wiki page set up for the HP TouchPad. Currently it is a sad lonely thing striving for your attention. It could become a great resource if we start updating it accordingly. Please feel free to edit it appropriately. One very important thing to remember that the wiki is often most helpful to new members so be as clear, concise and accurate as possible with the information you add. This wiki is going to be a good as WE make so please get to work! :)

Reactions: Bnorus

x000x

Apr 6, 2012
looking for something that i forgot the name of. i think i saw it on here several months ago, around cm7 but before cm9 came out. i dont know if it was a theme or rom but what i remember was that in screenshots it was mostly white backgrounds, maybe just white and grey tones, and very, very minimal looking. i thought it was a rom but i cant seem to find anything like this anywhere. anyone know what i'm talking about? :(

edit: finally found it. it was miui http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1391072

Last edited:
Reactions: Joltrast

krook6023

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 9, 2009
Midwest, USA
OnePlus 8
Why isn't this thread updated anymore? This could still be a great resource for us touchpad users.

classicnerd butta touchpad.

I agree but instead of asking "why" please tell me "what" needs to be updated.

If anyone is capable of more actively updating the 2nd post in this thread send me a PM. If I can find the "right person" I will give them ownership of the 2nd post since Mindsplit has not be as active lately. Aside from my official presence as a moderator I am a Touchpad owner and active in this forum. However I feel this thread could be better maintained by a member of the community that does not have the added responsibilities I carry.

In the meantime please post specific links to threads that should be included/updated and I will update accordingly. :good:

I think a link to Reverend Kyle's website should be included...[/url]

In regards to reverendkyle.com please post links to specific tutorials, guides, etc... that you think should be included. For right or wrong I have never been to this site so I have no clue what information should be linked. :good:

mpgrimm2

Nov 5, 2011
Greenville, SC
Missed ou on the fire sale a while back, but just got my hands on an unused 32gb TouchPad as trade for some pc/networking work for a co-worker (ipad owner). Looks like I will be combing thru this thread till i get around to loading some flavor of android on it. kudos.

Sent from my "Up all night, Sleep all day" EVO3D!

BIGSimon

Jan 19, 2012
Barnsley
Good to see another TouchPad user here, if you look at the 2nd post you will find all the info you need to get you started and please try to contribute where you can thanks.

Sent from my CyanogenMod9 TouchPad using TapaTalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: brandibran

krook6023

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 9, 2009
Midwest, USA
OnePlus 8

If anyone is capable of more actively updating the 2nd post in this thread send me a PM. If I can find the "right person" I will give them ownership of the 2nd post since Mindsplit has not be as active lately.

2nd Post given to BIGSimon and I am sure he will do a great job. Keeping everything up-to-date can be a lot of work. I encourage everybody to join me and go to Post #2 on this thread and thank him by pushing the "Thanks Button" :highfive:

Reactions: BIGSimon

nickster1

Dec 8, 2011
Minneapolis
Google Pixel 7
@BIGSimon-thanks for taking on the task! You are the man. This thread is going to help a lot of people.
Hey people-did you go thank BIGSimon? Its not easy keeping everything current on this thread so GO THANK HIM PLEASE!

Reactions: BIGSimon

BIGSimon

Jan 19, 2012
Barnsley
Latest Updates

The second post has now been updated...

Well it's been a sad week for the TouchPad user this week with OpenWebOS being released with no support for the TouchPad and now senior member OaT (should have been recognized developer in my opinion) has discontinued his development of his Light'n'Tasty series of rom's which is a shame as he had quite a considerable following. I wish him all the best in whatever he decides to do and hope one day he will consider giving the community a second chance, thanks for all your hard work OaT.

Top Liked Posts