• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question still firmware global 12.5.1 no update?

Search This thread

nosferatu123

Jan 26, 2021
hey !! just got my mi 11 and love it ,i change my s21 ultra for it.
better screen and very much more smooth then the galaxy (my opinion)

my question is i saw thers a new firmware for global 12.5.3 but i still got the 12.5.1 why i didnt got the update ?
im from israel and got the global version. does it takes times to get the firmware ?
thx !!!

qvert

Oct 10, 2008
the eu version is still on 12.5.1.0
welcome to xiaomi where a new device gets updates every now and than or maybe never :)

Furma

Aug 15, 2010
I remember the good time with my pixel3, every begining of the month i had an uptade.
well you can have that experience (frequent updates) on your xiaomi by switching to xiaomi.eu weekly ROM
but surely not all of those monthly pixel updates were good? some of them had to have had annoying bugs which made the whole experience somewhat sour

stock phone hardware and software is so good now (for the most part) that there really is no need to update them so often (excluding the security patches)
just enjoy the phone as is - Mi 11 is blazing fast + feature rich and, at least I, find no need to have it updated regularly (especially after MIUI 12.5. update released recently)

the only feature I wish for on my Mi 11 is the option to choose 90Hz refresh rate in settings (without having to download 3rd party apps to do so)
120Hz is kinda overkill and just drains the battery much faster - 90Hz would be a happy medium between 60 and 120Hz on offer in MIUI

Pho3nX

Jun 13, 2013

my question is i saw thers a new firmware for global 12.5.3 but i still got the 12.5.1 why i didnt got the update ?
im from israel and got the global version. does it takes times to get the firmware ?
thx !!!
What is your Build Code ? 12.5.1.0.RKBEUXM ? or 12.5.1.0.RKBMIXM

If you have EUXM it's a EEE/EEA (European Version) and it's actually the lastest build.
If you have MIXM it's a Global (International Version) and actually 12.5.3.0 is the lastest build.

So depending yourRegion Code, you can download the Fastboot ROM and install local update easily.
My Mi 11 Claud White was EUSF (because an EU custom by my carrier) and i have unblock Bootloader (waiting 168 Hours - [1 week]) and migrate on MIXM Glabal International for have more recent update.

I have tried also Xiaomi.eu ROMS (Chinese ROMS custom / Translated) but thez have a lot of bugs (MMS don't work, Black Theme issues, Theme Manager in Chinese / Google Translate, Some Google Apps unstable like Phone)

Reactions: nosferatu123

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I remember the good time with my pixel3, every begining of the month i had an uptade.
    well you can have that experience (frequent updates) on your xiaomi by switching to xiaomi.eu weekly ROM
    but surely not all of those monthly pixel updates were good? some of them had to have had annoying bugs which made the whole experience somewhat sour

stock phone hardware and software is so good now (for the most part) that there really is no need to update them so often (excluding the security patches)
    just enjoy the phone as is - Mi 11 is blazing fast + feature rich and, at least I, find no need to have it updated regularly (especially after MIUI 12.5. update released recently)

the only feature I wish for on my Mi 11 is the option to choose 90Hz refresh rate in settings (without having to download 3rd party apps to do so)
    120Hz is kinda overkill and just drains the battery much faster - 90Hz would be a happy medium between 60 and 120Hz on offer in MIUI

thx !!!
    What is your Build Code ? 12.5.1.0.RKBEUXM ? or 12.5.1.0.RKBMIXM

If you have EUXM it's a EEE/EEA (European Version) and it's actually the lastest build.
    If you have MIXM it's a Global (International Version) and actually 12.5.3.0 is the lastest build.

So depending yourRegion Code, you can download the Fastboot ROM and install local update easily.
    My Mi 11 Claud White was EUSF (because an EU custom by my carrier) and i have unblock Bootloader (waiting 168 Hours - [1 week]) and migrate on MIXM Glabal International for have more recent update.

I have tried also Xiaomi.eu ROMS (Chinese ROMS custom / Translated) but thez have a lot of bugs (MMS don't work, Black Theme issues, Theme Manager in Chinese / Google Translate, Some Google Apps unstable like Phone)