Question Still No July Security Update

Search This thread

mickle2105

May 27, 2014
Hi sorry to hear. It appears a few countries still lagging behind unfortunately. I'm in Australia and still on May security here...

• Wow
Reactions: jbs68

ish4d0w123

Feb 21, 2020
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
There is a July update, I already have it. It was delayed though. It usually comes to me at the middle of the month, now it came on the 26th, July. Still in time though.

It depends on what model you have. I have the snapdragon and I think it gets it first, as predominantly where this device is sold, it is the snapdragon version.

ish4d0w123

Feb 21, 2020
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
I have always received timely security updates on Samsung devices here in the US so this is out of the ordinary for me. Please don't generalize.
This is NOT country specific, mind you. But model specific. I'm in the EU and the same applies to me, except I have the snapdragon version, as with the FE series Samsung finally made it Snapdragon.

I usually get the update at the middle of the month,but this time,a week later, on the 26th of july

Billabomb75

I have noticed for me who is in South Africa. My security updates generally is a month late or so. Like the June Update I only received around the 25th of July. So I should probably get the July update closer to the end of this month.

Sammobile is a bit behind on updates for my model. so I get the OTA first then it updates on the site.

Unless there is another site a person can download from

iBowToAndroid

Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
I have noticed for me who is in South Africa. My security updates generally is a month late or so. Like the June Update I only received around the 25th of July. So I should probably get the July update closer to the end of this month.

Sammobile is a bit behind on updates for my model. so I get the OTA first then it updates on the site.

SamFW.com is faster than SamMobile, and puts up firmware immediately when it's released

ShaDisNX255

Apr 3, 2014
Matamoros
Samsung Galaxy A52 4G
SamFW.com is faster than SamMobile, and puts up firmware immediately when it's released
I've seen a couple of posts here in xda and in reddit where someone mentions having downloaded firmware from samfw.com and getting errors with them (something along the lines of "error validating footer") and it surprises me that both posts mention this website specifically. Therefore, I don't recommend it anymore. I will always recommend Frija over anything else, no download speed limit and it's never failed on multiple devices.

Reactions: jbs68

iBowToAndroid

Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN

bds921

Aug 10, 2022

Also from SA with an Exynos device, I've manually checked for updates right now and the July update is avail to download - give it a test maybe you're lucky as I am :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi sorry to hear. It appears a few countries still lagging behind unfortunately. I'm in Australia and still on May security here...
    Even sorrier to hear that! Wow. It's like Sammie kinda lost interest in this phone for some of us.
    I've seen a couple of posts here in xda and in reddit where someone mentions having downloaded firmware from samfw.com and getting errors with them (something along the lines of "error validating footer") and it surprises me that both posts mention this website specifically. Therefore, I don't recommend it anymore. I will always recommend Frija over anything else, no download speed limit and it's never failed on multiple devices.