Stock 2.1 build.prop fingerprint

Search This thread

SoCalHTCFuze

May 8, 2010
San Diego
I have a rooted Aria running a stripped down stock rom. Unfortunately, this has some unwanted side effects on the android market. Does anyone have the factory fingerprint lines from the boot.prop file?

Mine is:
ro.build.fingerprint=cingular_us/htc_liberty/liberty/liberty:2.1-update1/ERE27/1.25.502.12_192055:user/release-keys
ro.product.version=1.25.502.12

Last edited:

Gene Poole

Jul 15, 2010
Brighton IL
This is from the rock-stock HTC rom from htc.com:

ro.build.fingerprint=cingular_us/htc_liberty/liberty/liberty:2.1-update1/ERE27/179042:user/release-keys

ro.product.version=1.25.502.2

B

BelacNongaw

I have one (I assume you meant build.prop) from Liberated Aria r012 that works fine in the market:

ro.build.fingerprint=cingular_us/htc_liberty/liberty/liberty:2.1-update1/ERE27/179042:user/release-keys
ro.product.version=Liberated Aria R012 (US)

If you don't like that, there is another thread in this forum where Attn1 has posted the stock roms that you can unzip and get that file.

SoCalHTCFuze

May 8, 2010
San Diego
Yes thank you, that's what I needed. It looks like the liberated rom I am running has an update to fix this issue for me, r012. Which is good because I couldnt get any of my apps to mount /system in r/w mode. Unfortunately, new rom don't seem to fix this for me, still can't see square on the market... Must be something to do with the date wipe requirement. Need to find out how that works.

bkmo

Jun 25, 2008
10° 5' 59" North, 84° 16' 84" West
Yes thank you, that's what I needed. It looks like the liberated rom I am running has an update to fix this issue for me, r012. Which is good because I couldnt get any of my apps to mount /system in r/w mode. Unfortunately, new rom don't seem to fix this for me, still can't see square on the market... Must be something to do with the date wipe requirement. Need to find out how that works.

You need to wipe market data. You can use Titanium backup. You can mount /system r/w from recovery only.

SoCalHTCFuze

May 8, 2010
San Diego
bkmo, your the man (twice, once for the other post! ;)! Downloaded the free version of titanium, selected the market app for backup, deleted all data and it worked like a charm! Excellent advice, none of the other methods were working for me!

labarks

May 2, 2008
Nashua
Hurray!

Using the following instructions and the old Aria fingerprint from here I was able download protected apps from the market again. I did need to reboot my Aria into recovery mode to move the build.prop file and clear the Market app cache before it worked though.

http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...ected-app-market-fix-tutorial-build-prop.html

Someone should make an app for this (and that would remove it when its finally fixed for real), just like the Eris Market Fix app.

dexmix

Aug 13, 2010
Using the following instructions and the old Aria fingerprint from here I was able download protected apps from the market again. I did need to reboot my Aria into recovery mode to move the build.prop file and clear the Market app cache before it worked though.

http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...ected-app-market-fix-tutorial-build-prop.html

Someone should make an app for this (and that would remove it when its finally fixed for real), just like the Eris Market Fix app.

an app won't do it till we can write to system without having to be in recovery.