[STOCK][6.0.1] Nextbit Robin Flashable Stock ROM [Updated 2016-10-09]

Search This thread

[deXter]

Aug 23, 2008
Unmodified factory images extracted from the Robin - Updated for Android 6.0.1 build 00WW_1_450 (released on 07 Oct 2016)

This is flashable zip, and it requires TWRP. Note that while the zip includes the boot.img, it doesn't include the recovery - so you can continue using TWRP if you've flashed it. If you wish to return to 100% stock, flash the included recovery.img file as well.

Download:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/f/Robin-Factory-Images

Note: If your Robin is currently unencrypted and you want it to remain that way, don't forget to flash the modified boot.img immediately after flashing the ROM, or else your device will become encrypted again.

Note:The official fastboot images can be found here: https://community.nextbit.com/t5/Tools/Nextbit-Robin-Factory-Images/m-p/10649

Disclaimer: The files and instructions provided herein are meant for users who understand and accept the risks of flashing firmware files. I will not be held responsible for any loss or damages that could occur as a result of following these instructions, downloading or flashing these files.

Last edited:

Nextbit_Khang

Verified Nextbit Employee
Jan 19, 2016
San Francisco
Hey @Nickamina - Foxconn is working with us, but it's been slow going. We don't have an ETA just yet, but are hoping soon we'll have the factory images available since people have been having trouble with the OTA (if they have TWRP installed).

lordlittlebrooks

Jan 17, 2011
New York City
Hey @Nickamina - Foxconn is working with us, but it's been slow going. We don't have an ETA just yet, but are hoping soon we'll have the factory images available since people have been having trouble with the OTA (if they have TWRP installed).

i second that. did the update today. went to stock recovery. little robot and everything. got about 1/4 of the way and went to stock recovery menu. wiped data and cache thinking that it had finished the update. now i have a robin that won't boot. i did not wipe system, but the phone will not boot. any thoughts on how to get it back up and running? adb twrp and then flash stock image from this thread? any help would be appreciated.

[deXter]

Aug 23, 2008
Hi all,

I've uploaded the factory images for the new build 00WW1_19F (released on 29th March).

Please see the updated OP for full instructions. :)

PhlexPlexico

Jun 20, 2013
So being a flashable zip in TWRP, would it be possible to just sideload? Or push and move to /cache/ since my data is encrypted? If so, just flash and wipe cache and I'll be golden then? Thanks!

[deXter]

Aug 23, 2008
Both sideloading and flashing from /cache should be possible, in theory. I'm currently running unencrypted so I can't confirm, so I would be interested to see what your results are. :)

PhlexPlexico

Jun 20, 2013
Both sideloading and flashing from /cache should be possible, in theory. I'm currently running unencrypted so I can't confirm, so I would be interested to see what your results are. :)
Alright, well I'll do this when I get home then, seems like a more reliable way than unrooting and going back to stock to update!

The only thing that gets me is not being able to wipe dalvik through recovery though. Is it possible to wipe beforehand on terminal emulator, and then continue on through recovery by any chance?

PhlexPlexico

Jun 20, 2013
su
cd /data
rm -rf dalvik-cache
mkdir dalvik-cache
chmod 0771 dalvik-cache

Don't forget to reboot immediately, or else apps may start to crash and weird things will happen.
Would it be possible just to:

cd /data/dalvik-cache
rm -f *
Reboot
Could I do that since I won't have to mess with chmod as well? I mean, it's obviously no big deal but would this work too?

[deXter]

Aug 23, 2008

cd /data/dalvik-cache
rm -f *
Reboot
Could I do that since I won't have to mess with chmod as well? I mean, it's obviously no big deal but would this work too?

No, because the dalvik-cache contains sub-folders.
You could rm -rf the sub-folders if you wanted to though, but that's just extra commands.

[deXter]

Aug 23, 2008

cd /data/dalvik-cache
rm -f *
Reboot

I just tested this out in the terminal - you could cd to the dalvik-cache folder and run "rm -rf *". This will get rid of all the files and subfolders in the dalvik-cache folder, and you don't have to mess with the permissions. :)

PhlexPlexico

Jun 20, 2013
I just tested this out in the terminal - you could cd to the dalvik-cache folder and run "rm -rf *". This will get rid of all the files and subfolders in the dalvik-cache folder, and you don't have to mess with the permissions. :)
Sorry about the double post, but here's an update so far. Gonna try sideloading next but when I tried to move it to cache adb spat out an error stating: failed to copy 'update.zip' to '/cache//update.zip': No space left on device

So yeah, will try sideloading in a little bit here!

Alright! Went through sideload and so far success! Here's the steps that I did:

1) Get Terminal Emulator
1.a) su
1.b) cd /data/dalvik-cache/
1.c) rm -rf *
1.d) reboot recovery

2) Navigate to sideload feature (Advanced -> ADB Sideload)
3) On PC (got superSU back because I like my root)
Code:
G:\Users\XXXX\Downloads>adb sideload update.zip
Total xfer: 1.00x

G:\Users\XXXX\Downloads>adb sideload BETA-SuperSU-v2.68-20160228150503.zip
Total xfer: 1.56x

G:\Users\XXXX\Downloads>

Afterwards, wiped cache from recovery, and rebooted! Now just optimizing apps! May install xposed here after all is said and done, but seems to be golden! Thanks Dexter! You may have to teach me how to create some of these update zips!

Last edited:
Reactions: [deXter]

[deXter]

Aug 23, 2008
Sorry, dumb question that everyone hates. I'm currently rooted, unencrypted with TWRP installed: is it possible to just dirty flash over the top of my current ROM and not lose my system data without losing everything and then flash the no-encryption zip?

Thanks a lot.

Yep you can dirty flash. Just make sure you flash the no-encryption mod, followed by supersu immediately after (in that order).

Reactions: mnp

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unmodified factory images extracted from the Robin - Updated for Android 6.0.1 build 00WW_1_450 (released on 07 Oct 2016)

This is flashable zip, and it requires TWRP. Note that while the zip includes the boot.img, it doesn't include the recovery - so you can continue using TWRP if you've flashed it. If you wish to return to 100% stock, flash the included recovery.img file as well.

Download:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/f/Robin-Factory-Images

Note: If your Robin is currently unencrypted and you want it to remain that way, don't forget to flash the modified boot.img immediately after flashing the ROM, or else your device will become encrypted again.

Note:The official fastboot images can be found here: https://community.nextbit.com/t5/Tools/Nextbit-Robin-Factory-Images/m-p/10649

Disclaimer: The files and instructions provided herein are meant for users who understand and accept the risks of flashing firmware files. I will not be held responsible for any loss or damages that could occur as a result of following these instructions, downloading or flashing these files.
    I'm still awaiting a 6.0.1 update! Any news Nextbit!?

I'm sure you've already heard the news, but 6.0.1 is out now. :) I've updated the flashable zip as well as the unencrypted boot.img.
    Good job @[deXter]! We'll get the official ones posted soon.
    [deXter said:
    ;67275422]Hi. I'd hold off from the upgrade if I were you. There have been several reports of phones being bricked because of the latest OTA. I'm waiting for Nextbit's response first before I update the zip files. But yes, if you want you can replace the .img files in the zip file with the stock images (boot.img and system.img) and it should work fine.

Indeed. The OTA causes bootloop for rooted devices. We're looking into this.
    Just dirty flashed it, installed nonencypt zip, superSU, XPOSED 83 and all good so far. Thanks for your work.

I did for a moment think it had soft bricked as it rebooted twice then stayed on the pre boot screen for about 30seconds! But all good after a tense minute.

I'm sure you've already heard the news, but 6.0.1 is out now. :) I've updated the flashable zip as well as the unencrypted boot.img.