• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Stock akg earphones keep falling from ears

Search This thread

tele_jas

Aug 18, 2006
Mount Vernon
Those AKG earbuds don't work in my ears either, but my 17yr son said they are his absolute favorite and fit the best.

I guess everyone's ears are different enough that some designs don't work.

The AKG's just don't seem to go in deep enough into my ears. I usually end up getting the $40-$60 SkullCandy earbuds and like those (which my son says hurts his ears).

VebKr

Oct 21, 2013
New Delhi
They are good as a backup pair (when you can't find your primary ones). Sound quality is somewhat okay, but the fit really makes it difficult to be a daily driver.

Reactions: Th3DON

cpufrost

Feb 26, 2012
Big Country
I don't have an issue with them falling out but they do lose their seal letting in ambient sound and loss of bass. They sound great when a good seal is maintained. I typically use them when I'm on a tractor or other equipment for hearing protection and to enjoy music.

No comparison to my UE10 pro custom IEM (of course) but better than say airpods.

I have not tried other sized tips though.

strongylad28

Jun 10, 2012
Anyone facing the same issue? , I damn sure some of us would be facing this issue with akg, and I tried all the ear plugs provided, but to no luck... Planning to buy new earphones, anyone hav any suggestion on fixing this?

Something I do with ALL in ear headphones is create custom moulds for your ear. Google Proguard custom earplugs and you get a kit to make custom ear plugs. While theyre soft, press the headphones(without the buds) into the mould and let it set. Then cut out a small hole for the audio to come through and youll have the best sound possible from those headphones as theyre custom to your ears.

Loads of videos on YT too

Player04

Apr 9, 2014
Akg headphones is 1,000,0000 times better than my beats audio. It's def made for s10+. Pairs this headphone with viper4android.....you get deep bass and rich audio

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris79100

BUBA0071

Dec 13, 2009
Hard to kill, great fit, nice sound

Akg headphones is 1,000,0000 times better than my beats audio. It's def made for s10+. Pairs this headphone with viper4android.....you get deep bass and rich audio

Same here. The AKG buds is some of the best i have got with a phone. My first pair was from Galaxy S8 i have used them a lot at work, and they are great . Now i have another pair from Galaxy s 10 and i understand why Samsumg have kept this model for 3 gens. And they are Hard to kill the wires are strong:D

wahid_ibr

Oct 8, 2005
From earbuds, 2 wires will join into 1. At the join, there's small ring. Pull that up. It will stay....

FinnForTwin

Feb 25, 2019
Sadly I'm so unlucky all earbuds don't fit in my ear for some reason... I have glasses so no sport buds too... Headphones for me :(

phazer11

Aug 22, 2012
Did you try switching the silicone cushions/focusers? The ones in there to begone with are mediums or so I'd say. In the box your phone came in there should be a small and large set. Try that

tele_jas

Aug 18, 2006
Mount Vernon
Search Amazon for those spongy ear-bud tips. I got a box of 10 of them for less than $10 and they make all my ear-buds fit better and are more noise canceling.

daisy_12

Nov 13, 2020
Looking for portable/ wireless earphones

For me AKG works best. It has got crystal-clear sound and deep powerful bass. Also they are tangle free, because of the fabric braided cable.
However i am looking for portable headphones or wireless earpods.
Do let me know the best options available.

Vatt`ghern

Oct 20, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S10+
For me AKG works best. It has got crystal-clear sound and deep powerful bass. Also they are tangle free, because of the fabric braided cable.
However i am looking for portable headphones or wireless earpods.
Do let me know the best options available.

Apple AirPods Pro - if you want good sound quality and comfort; Jabra Elite Active 75t - if you want active and passive noise cancellation. The latter has a more balanced sound but you would have to listen to both to make a sane decision. You might not like either of those in the end.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hard to kill, great fit, nice sound

Same here. The AKG buds is some of the best i have got with a phone. My first pair was from Galaxy S8 i have used them a lot at work, and they are great . Now i have another pair from Galaxy s 10 and i understand why Samsumg have kept this model for 3 gens. And they are Hard to kill the wires are strong:D
    They are good as a backup pair (when you can't find your primary ones). Sound quality is somewhat okay, but the fit really makes it difficult to be a daily driver.