[STOCK][ALI]Firmware Moto G6

Search This thread

rajathsingh

Jul 24, 2018
Unable to hear anthing during calls.

I followed everything and it went well totally. I unlocked the boot loader and installed the stock rom. Later I discovered that during calls I am unable to hear anything. Not even the ring. The other person also can't hear anything from myside. But during a whatsapp call everything is fine.

My model number is ' ali XT1925-13 ' and I couldn't find it boot file anywhere over the internet.

Currently, I am on OPSS27.82-87-3.

I am really worried and I need help.

dynamo1950

Jan 8, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Noticed PPS29.55-34 pie firmware is now available for the g6, is it just a security update from PPS29.55-24 or other changes?.
Updated my Moto G6 phones (XT1925-6) from PPS29.55-24 to PPS29.55-34 yesterday. Noticed security patch level is February 1, 2019.

Update went as smooth as Pie.

1. Flashed PPS29.55-34 firmware thru ADB from PC
2. Installed TWRP
3. Factory reset and format Data in TWRP
4. Reboot back to TWRP recovery to verify Data is unencrypted
4. Flash Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_05.01.2019.zip and Magisk 19.1.
5. Reboot to system to finish setup and restore data from Google cloud.
6. Install non-Play Store apps
Daily drivers again

Is it possible to create a script or batch file that can update the firmware and preserve Data like an OTA.
I tried removing the line in flash batch file that erases Data, but did not appear to make a difference.

Thanks for this great forum......

luppolui

Apr 16, 2017
Budapest, II.ker
Updated my Moto G6 phones (XT1925-6) from PPS29.55-24 to PPS29.55-34 yesterday. Noticed security patch level is February 1, 2019.

Update went as smooth as Pie.

1. Flashed PPS29.55-34 firmware thru ADB from PC
2. Installed TWRP
3. Factory reset and format Data in TWRP
4. Reboot back to TWRP recovery to verify Data is unencrypted
4. Flash Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_05.01.2019.zip and Magisk 19.1.

Where can i pick up this file:

Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_05.01.2019.zip

Thanks for help from Bp,Hu

HeavyHDx

Jun 27, 2013
Does anyone have the full 9.0 Pie OTA package for the RETEU G6 XT1925-5? I can't find it anywhere. I can't go back to stock since I am using the international Pie version right now and the bootloader locking process won't allow me to flash its boot.img or downgrade back to Oreo.

madbat99

Mar 1, 2014
Does anyone have the full 9.0 Pie OTA package for the RETEU G6 XT1925-5? I can't find it anywhere. I can't go back to stock since I am using the international Pie version right now and the bootloader locking process won't allow me to flash its boot.img or downgrade back to Oreo.
You flashed international pie on a retus phone, then locked your bootloader? D'oh.
There is no pie full firmware for RETUS. Gotta wait now.

HeavyHDx

Jun 27, 2013
You flashed international pie on a retus phone, then locked your bootloader? D'oh.
There is no pie full firmware for RETUS. Gotta wait now.

No I have a RETEU phone (Germany) and unlocked my bootloader to upgrade to Pie but if I try to flash Oreo again, it won't let me flash the bootloader and boot partitions because it's a downgrade. The international Pie version's boot.img doesn't get accepted when I try to relock the bootloader, so I can't go back to stock until I can get my hands on the RETEU firmware.

madbat99

Mar 1, 2014
No I have a RETEU phone (Germany) and unlocked my bootloader to upgrade to Pie but if I try to flash Oreo again, it won't let me flash the bootloader and boot partitions because it's a downgrade. The international Pie version's boot.img doesn't get accepted when I try to relock the bootloader, so I can't go back to stock until I can get my hands on the RETEU firmware.
Oh ok. Don't lock the bootloader. You should be able to flash everything except the bootloader.img and the GPT.bin. skip those 2.
I haven't seen reteu pie firmware. Are you trying to go to Oreo for reteu? If you just want Oreo, you can flash retail Oreo.

aross6

Jan 5, 2009
I've been booting my device in fastboot but it never shows in the program

I had the same issue with RSDlite. Tried on my x64 Windows 10 desktop w/ USB 2.0 and factory cable and it would not detect. Tried on wifey's x64 Windows 10 laptop w/ USB 2.0 and factory cable and it would not detect. Tried it on an older x64 Windows 10 desktop w/ USB 2.0 and factory cable and it picked it right up. All 3 PCs were running the same version of Windows. Even tried different versions of RSDlite, different cables, different drivers, and different ports on the first two and it didn't matter (adb would detect the phone as fastboot device but RSDlite would not detect it). Not sure what was different with the older desktop to make it detect the phone but it just did. Flashed RETUS PPS29.55-34 Pie with the Service file and kept all my data in tact. I guess I just lucked out and have to remember next time to go with old reliable when I wanna flash my G6.

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

Is it possible to create a script or batch file that can update the firmware and preserve Data like an OTA.
I tried removing the line in flash batch file that erases Data, but did not appear to make a difference.

Thanks for this great forum......

If RSDlite is working for you, just flash the Service file. It will keep your data in tact.

Last edited:
Reactions: dynamo1950

HeavyHDx

Jun 27, 2013
Oh ok. Don't lock the bootloader. You should be able to flash everything except the bootloader.img and the GPT.bin. skip those 2.
I haven't seen reteu pie firmware. Are you trying to go to Oreo for reteu? If you just want Oreo, you can flash retail Oreo.

I can't lock the bootloader with retail Oreo since it requires downgrading.

I actually just need the boot.img from RETEU Pie since the rest of the files are flashing just fine when trying to lock the bootloader. So if someone on a stock RETEU Pie G6 could extract and upload their boot.img for me, it'd be greatly appreciated.

madbat99

Mar 1, 2014
I can't lock the bootloader with retail Oreo since it requires downgrading.

I actually just need the boot.img from RETEU Pie since the rest of the files are flashing just fine when trying to lock the bootloader. So if someone on a stock RETEU Pie G6 could extract and upload their boot.img for me, it'd be greatly appreciated.
Why try to lock the bootloader? It's just going to bring you headache.

dynamo1950

Jan 8, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I had the same issue with RSDlite. Tried on my x64 Windows 10 desktop w/ USB 2.0 and factory cable and it would not detect. Tried on wifey's x64 Windows 10 laptop w/ USB 2.0 and factory cable and it would not detect. Tried it on an older x64 Windows 10 desktop w/ USB 2.0 and factory cable and it picked it right up. All 3 PCs were running the same version of Windows. Even tried different versions of RSDlite, different cables, different drivers, and different ports on the first two and it didn't matter (adb would detect the phone as fastboot device but RSDlite would not detect it). Not sure what was different with the older desktop to make it detect the phone but it just did. Flashed RETUS PPS29.55-34 Pie with the Service file and kept all my data in tact. I guess I just lucked out and have to remember next time to go with old reliable when I wanna flash my G6.

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

If RSDlite is working for you, just flash the Service file. It will keep your data in tact.

If using RSDLite to flash the firmware with the service.xml file:

1. Will the device remain rooted and data remain un-encrypted after first boot to system?

or

2. Should "Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt...zip" and "Magisk...zip" be flashed in TWRP before first boot to system to preserve root & un-encrypted data?

aross6

Jan 5, 2009

1. Will the device remain rooted and data remain un-encrypted after first boot to system?

or

2. Should "Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt...zip" and "Magisk...zip" be flashed in TWRP before first boot to system to preserve root & un-encrypted data?

Someone else could probably answer this one. My G6 is completely stock unrooted with the bootloader still locked. I was just happy to get Pie!

madbat99

Mar 1, 2014

or

No it will not remain rooted. It will be stock. So when RSDlite finishes flashing (it may try to automatically boot to system) make sure to hold the volume down button so it reboots back to bootloader. Then flash TWRP and proceed with root procedure.

dynamo1950

Jan 8, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
No it will not remain rooted. It will be stock. So when RSDlite finishes flashing (it may try to automatically boot to system) make sure to hold the volume down button so it reboots back to bootloader. Then flash TWRP and proceed with root procedure.

Thanks for the advice @madbat99

Compairing the "servicefile.xml" and the "flash_rom.bat" I have been using to flash the Pie ROM in Fastboot from PC is the following Fastboot commands:

fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase userdata

These commands are not in the "servicefile.xml", hence explains why Data is preserved.

So I removed those two commands from my "flash_rom.bat" for Pie as well as replaced the following at end of file:

fastboot reboot --> fastboot boot twrp-3.3.0-0-ali.img

That way, when the flashing of the ROM is finished, the phone will boot into TWRP. Then once in TWRP flash the three files:

twrp-3.3.0-0-ali.img (install TWRP on phone)
Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_05.01.2019.zip (batch boot.img to prevent Data encryption of data and pass Safetynet)
Magisk-v19.1.zip (install root access)

Reboot to system from TWRP.

With any luck ( I'm a bit of a gambler) should have an updated, rooted, un-encypted Data daily driver again after flashing with my modified "flash_rom.bat" file :) :)

I will try it on the next update to the Pie firmware ROM.......

madbat99

Mar 1, 2014
Thanks for the advice @madbat99

Compairing the "servicefile.xml" and the "flash_rom.bat" I have been using to flash the Pie ROM in Fastboot from PC is the following Fastboot commands:

fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase userdata

These commands are not in the "servicefile.xml", hence explains why Data is preserved.

So I removed those two commands from my "flash_rom.bat" for Pie as well as replaced the following at end of file:

fastboot reboot --> fastboot boot twrp-3.3.0-0-ali.img

That way, when the flashing of the ROM is finished, the phone will boot into TWRP. Then once in TWRP flash the three files:

twrp-3.3.0-0-ali.img (install TWRP on phone)
Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_05.01.2019.zip (batch boot.img to prevent Data encryption of data and pass Safetynet)
Magisk-v19.1.zip (install root access)

Reboot to system from TWRP.

With any luck ( I'm a bit of a gambler) should have an updated, rooted, un-encypted Data daily driver again after flashing with my modified "flash_rom.bat" file :) :)

I will try it on the next update to the Pie firmware ROM.......
Ok. You turned my 5 sentences into 23. And reinvented the wheel. You can make your own .bat file from the servicefile and profit too.
Glad you got it though.
Congrats.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    P0DISCLAIMER
    I am not to be held responsible for any of the damage that occurs to your device during this process. You are yourself responsible for any damage done (if) to your device during this process.

REQUIREMENTS
    Make sure your device is charged above 80%.
    We recommend creating a backup of all your important files before beginning with this process.

HOW TO INSTALL STOCK ROM IN MOTO G6:
    1. Download Moto G6 Stock Firmware from below (in download section).
    2. Install Motorola Driver and ADB Fastboot Driver on your PC.
    3. Now extract stock firmware in ADB Fastboot folder.
    4. Now, turn off your device and boot into bootloader by pressing volume down button +power button simultaneously.
    5. Now, connect your device to your PC via a USB Cable.
    6. Open a command prompt window and type the following commands:

Moto G6: AFH
    ALI_OPS27.82-19-4_cid50_subsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_CFC.xml.zip
    password : MotorolaFirmwaresLB
    New firmwareALI_OPS27.82-72_cid50

adb fastboot

fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
    fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
    fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
    fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
    fastboot erase modemst1
    fastboot erase modemst2
    fastboot flash bluetooth BTFM.bin
    fastboot flash dsp adspso.bin
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.5
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.6
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.7
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.8
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.9
    fastboot flash vendor vendor.img_sparsechunk.0
    fastboot flash vendor vendor.img_sparsechunk.1
    fastboot erase carrier
    fastboot erase userdata
    fastboot erase DDR
    fastboot flash logo logo.bin
    fastboot reboot
    With 30 files to install a flash-all.bat may be handy, no? Would be nice to see in your excellent start post.

add flash.bat in OP.
    In the EU the July update has a different number...

Will this mean any modifications you are working may not be compatible with EU devices?.

Great to see you on the Moto g6.. I used your ROMS on my Moto g4.... [emoji3]
    For whatever reason, all the variants have different version numbers, but I believe they're all based off the same (or similar) kernel source.

I'm working to bring up a source built 64-bit TWRP now (which is almost ready) and once that's done, then it'll be game on for development. I have made a custom kernel (a stock based version of my Resurrected Kernel), same as I did for the G4/G4+ and G5S+. I haven't released it yet as I wanted to insure it works for everyone instead of just a select few devices.
    OTA Update - XT1925-6

Just received an OTA update notification for release OPSS27.104-15-10-4. According to the moto g6 - Security Maintenance Release Notes, it includes the updates of Android security patches through July 1st 2018.

My device prior to the update

Model: moto g6 - XT1925-6
    Software Channel: retus
    Android version: 8.0.0
    Android security patch level: March 1st, 2018
    Baseband version: M450_02.07.10.50R ALI_NA_CUST
    Kernel version: 3.18.71
    Build number: OPS27.104-15-10

Download: Blur_Version.27.51.12.ali.retail.en.US.zip - 79.6MB
    md5sum: 250150978148736b347c6f63f7dd5070

I'm only posting this for reference. This is NOT a FULL stock rom. It is simply an OTA update for the July Security patch. I would assume that other users with the same device will also be getting this update soon (if you haven't already) providing you are on the stock rom as well. I do NOT recommend trying to flash this OTA update. If you choose to, you do so at your own risk, period.

Currently my device has twrp, a custom kernel, modified system/vendor partitions, and is rooted with magisk so I can't apply the update as of yet. I am gonna catch the ota link url in a logcat (while still rooted) and then I'm going to flash the stock rom again so I have a clean device, then I will update this post with any changes to the above device info (if any).

** Update **
    Just thought I'd mention, I did return to stock and successfully completed the OTA update. Added a few more screenies in case anyone cares :p
    Hey there, Jleeblanch. Did you ever happen to put together a flashable zip for OPS27.104-92?
    I did, yes. However, I must have borked something in one of the zips and it was causing issues so I pulled them off AFH.

I recently made a TWRP Flashable zip for the leaked 8.1.0 Oreo Soak test for the Moto G4/G4+ and did that zip a little bit different and that was successful. That being said, I will be making it again here shortly and now that I have another device to use as my daily, I can flash the crap outta my G6 without needing to worry about anything [emoji41]

I hope to get it done tonight or tomorrow (depends when I get outta work) so we all have an easier way to restore back to stock rather than using fastboot to flash the full firmware.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone