TabascoJoe

Jul 20, 2007
No matter what I try I get this...

c:\Users\Bryce\Downloads\ALI>fastboot oem lock
(bootloader) Still require signed system.img and/or oem.img and/or
(bootloader) vendor.img
OKAY [ 0.041s]
finished. total time: 0.054s

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

No matter what I try I get this...

c:\Users\Bryce\Downloads\ALI>fastboot oem lock
(bootloader) Still require signed system.img and/or oem.img and/or
(bootloader) vendor.img
OKAY [ 0.041s]
finished. total time: 0.054s

Nevermind...
I was using this guide...
https://xdaforums.com/g5-plus/how-to/how-to-lock-bootloader-potter-version-t3694952/page3

I added the vendor flash and it worked

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

What a cluster getting the bootloader re-locked turned out to be...
Some background, I purchased the g6 on Project fi to save $50 off the retail cost.
I was never going to use it on Project fi, but on T-mobile.
Turns out texting and wifi calling do not work on T-mobile with the Project fi g6.
It's was actually on a "fi" software channel. So, hence the reason to flash it.
My guess is since these were signed firmware's I didn't need to unlock the bootloader (please someone clarify).
Man does Lenovo make it difficult to re-lock the bootloader... too many steps!
In the end I have a retail moto g6 with a locked bootloader and the oem unlock option not enbaled.

stifmaster81

Feb 27, 2013
since 82-72, has not yet come out the factory firmware of another with the updated security patches? by the way with the bootloader open I will not receive updates via ota no ??

Enviado desde mi moto g(6) mediante Tapatalk

Alexibarra98

Feb 12, 2018
since 82-72, has not yet come out the factory firmware of another with the updated security patches? by the way with the bootloader open I will not receive updates via ota no ??

the update (82-87) was already in mirrors.lolinet and with the bootloader unlocked the OTA keeps coming but can not be installed

stifmaster81

Feb 27, 2013
the update (82-87) was already in mirrors.lolinet and with the bootloader unlocked the OTA keeps coming but can not be installed
Well, I did not notice any, I still have it with the patch May ... can you pass me the link for 82-87 of lolinet? Thank you

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

OK, I've seen it, but why do not you put 82-87-4? mine is XT1925-4, does it work for mine? and another thing, the boot.img of the previous version will work ??

Alexibarra98

Feb 12, 2018
Well, I did not notice any, I still have it with the patch May ... can you pass me the link for 82-87 of lolinet? Thank you

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

OK, I've seen it, but why do not you put 82-87-4? mine is XT1925-4, does it work for mine? and another thing, the boot.img of the previous version will work ??

https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/moto/ali/official/RETAIL/ :good:

stifmaster81

Feb 27, 2013

Can someone confirm if the 82-87 of lolifirmware the retail section is for the xt1925-4 ? And if the boot.img of the previous version 82-72 serves for this? Thank you

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

I have already tried it, the boo.img of the previous version does not work in bootloop in version xt1925-4, waiting for new boot.img

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

I have already tried it, the boo.img of the previous version does not work in bootloop in version xt1925-4, waiting for new boot.img

Alexibarra98

Feb 12, 2018
Can someone confirm if the 82-87 of lolifirmware the retail section is for the xt1925-4 ? And if the boot.img of the previous version 82-72 serves for this? Thank you

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

why do you want to install the previous boot.img?

stifmaster81

Feb 27, 2013
why do you want to install the previous boot.img?
then using the previous guide 82-72, it was to have root, it was the boot.img modified without verification, then installed the twrp, magik ynya you were root, now in the new version you can not root ,without more modified boot.img

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

at least I have done it again using the guide with the new image and given me bootlooop

kemoti

Aug 16, 2017
The correct flash.bat for installing rom was added in the attachment.

Attachments

• flashrom.zip
    440 bytes · Views: 1,536

Jleeblanch

Feb 6, 2012
Colchester, VT
Moto G4 Plus
Moto G6
OTA Update - XT1925-6

Just received an OTA update notification for release OPSS27.104-15-10-4. According to the moto g6 - Security Maintenance Release Notes, it includes the updates of Android security patches through July 1st 2018.

My device prior to the update

Model: moto g6 - XT1925-6
Software Channel: retus
Android version: 8.0.0
Android security patch level: March 1st, 2018
Baseband version: M450_02.07.10.50R ALI_NA_CUST
Kernel version: 3.18.71
Build number: OPS27.104-15-10

Download: Blur_Version.27.51.12.ali.retail.en.US.zip - 79.6MB
md5sum: 250150978148736b347c6f63f7dd5070

I'm only posting this for reference. This is NOT a FULL stock rom. It is simply an OTA update for the July Security patch. I would assume that other users with the same device will also be getting this update soon (if you haven't already) providing you are on the stock rom as well. I do NOT recommend trying to flash this OTA update. If you choose to, you do so at your own risk, period.

Currently my device has twrp, a custom kernel, modified system/vendor partitions, and is rooted with magisk so I can't apply the update as of yet. I am gonna catch the ota link url in a logcat (while still rooted) and then I'm going to flash the stock rom again so I have a clean device, then I will update this post with any changes to the above device info (if any).

** Update **
Just thought I'd mention, I did return to stock and successfully completed the OTA update. Added a few more screenies in case anyone cares :p

Attachments

• Blur_Version.27.51.12.ali.retail.en.US.jpg
    Blur_Version.27.51.12.ali.retail.en.US.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 402
  • Screenshot_20180903-191148.png
    Screenshot_20180903-191148.png
    121.5 KB · Views: 391
  • Screenshot_20180903-232548.jpg
    Screenshot_20180903-232548.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 369
  • Screenshot_20180903-234824.png
    Screenshot_20180903-234824.png
    119.7 KB · Views: 368
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 7646815

Currently my device has twrp, a custom kernel, modified system/vendor partitions, and is rooted with magisk so I can't apply the update as of yet. I am gonna catch the ota link url in a logcat (while still rooted) and then I'm going to flash the stock rom again so I have a clean device, then I will update this post with any changes to the above device info (if any).

** Update **
Just thought I'd mention, I did return to stock and successfully completed the OTA update. Added a few more screenies in case anyone cares :p

How did you manage to relock your bootloader? I've been trying for a while but apparently, I have a boot.img with a bad key. I've reinstalled stock multiple times already.

Jleeblanch

Feb 6, 2012
Colchester, VT
Moto G4 Plus
Moto G6
How did you manage to relock your bootloader? I've been trying for a while but apparently, I have a boot.img with a bad key. I've reinstalled stock multiple times already.

You don't need to relock your bootloader to apply ota updates. You just need a clean system, boot and stock recovery.

How ever, I am currently fully stock, I'll try relocking in a few and see what happens.

* Update *
I tried relocking the bootloader, but no luck. It says to enable the "OEM unlocking" option in Developer settings but the option is greyed out. Probably relating to the "bad key" warning. I noticed it said that as well when flashing boot and recovery. The md5sum's match those in the flashfile.xml and servicefile.xml contained in the stock firmware file. Weird. May have to look into this more at some point. I do see that it's pretty common with Moto devices unfortunately, but annoying nonetheless if you want/need to relock your bootloader.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 7646815

You don't need to relock your bootloader to apply ota updates. You just need a clean system, boot and stock recovery.

How ever, I am currently fully stock, I'll try relocking in a few and see what happens.

Thanks. That's what I had thought. The update failed the first time and I thought everything was clean, so I assumed Moto phones were just set to not accept OTAs with an unlocked bootloader for some reason. But it went through this time, so I guess I'll keep it unlocked.

stifmaster81

Feb 27, 2013
good guys I say goodbye to Motorola, enter my blacklist next to the zte and Samsung, I bought the pixel xl in a good offer of amazon, and no color .. fluency and android 9 is butter this .. see if the developers put the batteries in the motorola, I will pass once in a while since the motorola will heradara my partner! bye guys

Enviado desde mi Pixel XL mediante Tapatalk

nlooooo

Oct 29, 2011
Nis
good guys I say goodbye to Motorola, enter my blacklist next to the zte and Samsung, I bought the pixel xl in a good offer of amazon, and no color .. fluency and android 9 is butter this .. see if the developers put the batteries in the motorola, I will pass once in a while since the motorola will heradara my partner! bye guys

You're comparing the device 3 times more expensive to Moto G6...

nlooooo

Oct 29, 2011
Nis
I started with Google with the Nexus 4, then the 5, then the 5x, and now the pixel, in between I had a zte, a Samsung S3, and you can never compare the price with a Nexus

See the devices in my signature. I've had g6 for a week, and so far I'm more than satisfied. All Nexus phones, and now Pixel phones are expensive. G6 is 200e, so what do you expect for that price, to prepare you a meal, wash your clothes?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    P0DISCLAIMER
    I am not to be held responsible for any of the damage that occurs to your device during this process. You are yourself responsible for any damage done (if) to your device during this process.

REQUIREMENTS
    Make sure your device is charged above 80%.
    We recommend creating a backup of all your important files before beginning with this process.

HOW TO INSTALL STOCK ROM IN MOTO G6:
    1. Download Moto G6 Stock Firmware from below (in download section).
    2. Install Motorola Driver and ADB Fastboot Driver on your PC.
    3. Now extract stock firmware in ADB Fastboot folder.
    4. Now, turn off your device and boot into bootloader by pressing volume down button +power button simultaneously.
    5. Now, connect your device to your PC via a USB Cable.
    6. Open a command prompt window and type the following commands:

Moto G6: AFH
    ALI_OPS27.82-19-4_cid50_subsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_CFC.xml.zip
    password : MotorolaFirmwaresLB
    New firmwareALI_OPS27.82-72_cid50

adb fastboot

fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
    fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
    fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
    fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
    fastboot erase modemst1
    fastboot erase modemst2
    fastboot flash bluetooth BTFM.bin
    fastboot flash dsp adspso.bin
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.5
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.6
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.7
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.8
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.9
    fastboot flash vendor vendor.img_sparsechunk.0
    fastboot flash vendor vendor.img_sparsechunk.1
    fastboot erase carrier
    fastboot erase userdata
    fastboot erase DDR
    fastboot flash logo logo.bin
    fastboot reboot
    With 30 files to install a flash-all.bat may be handy, no? Would be nice to see in your excellent start post.

add flash.bat in OP.
    In the EU the July update has a different number...

Will this mean any modifications you are working may not be compatible with EU devices?.

Great to see you on the Moto g6.. I used your ROMS on my Moto g4.... [emoji3]
    For whatever reason, all the variants have different version numbers, but I believe they're all based off the same (or similar) kernel source.

I'm working to bring up a source built 64-bit TWRP now (which is almost ready) and once that's done, then it'll be game on for development. I have made a custom kernel (a stock based version of my Resurrected Kernel), same as I did for the G4/G4+ and G5S+. I haven't released it yet as I wanted to insure it works for everyone instead of just a select few devices.
    OTA Update - XT1925-6

Just received an OTA update notification for release OPSS27.104-15-10-4. According to the moto g6 - Security Maintenance Release Notes, it includes the updates of Android security patches through July 1st 2018.

My device prior to the update

Model: moto g6 - XT1925-6
    Software Channel: retus
    Android version: 8.0.0
    Android security patch level: March 1st, 2018
    Baseband version: M450_02.07.10.50R ALI_NA_CUST
    Kernel version: 3.18.71
    Build number: OPS27.104-15-10

Download: Blur_Version.27.51.12.ali.retail.en.US.zip - 79.6MB
    md5sum: 250150978148736b347c6f63f7dd5070

I'm only posting this for reference. This is NOT a FULL stock rom. It is simply an OTA update for the July Security patch. I would assume that other users with the same device will also be getting this update soon (if you haven't already) providing you are on the stock rom as well. I do NOT recommend trying to flash this OTA update. If you choose to, you do so at your own risk, period.

** Update **
    Hey there, Jleeblanch. Did you ever happen to put together a flashable zip for OPS27.104-92?
    I did, yes. However, I must have borked something in one of the zips and it was causing issues so I pulled them off AFH.

I recently made a TWRP Flashable zip for the leaked 8.1.0 Oreo Soak test for the Moto G4/G4+ and did that zip a little bit different and that was successful. That being said, I will be making it again here shortly and now that I have another device to use as my daily, I can flash the crap outta my G6 without needing to worry about anything [emoji41]

I hope to get it done tonight or tomorrow (depends when I get outta work) so we all have an easier way to restore back to stock rather than using fastboot to flash the full firmware.