Stock Android Device

Search This thread

fungflex

Oct 19, 2005
Denville, NJ
Got to say its refreshing to get a device out of the box and within a few minutes I'm all set up and running a nearly stock device. The device build quality feels great and the screen looks really good. The speaker is surprisingly loud and decent from my quick testing.

I know everyone keeps calling this thing midrange but I have been dieing for a nearly stock device with a 720p 4.3" screen and LTE. I also am enjoying the fact that its an AT&T branded device with a bootloader I can unlock on day 1. Thats a good start.

Sent from my HTC first using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: cantellay

lordlittlebrooks

Jan 17, 2011
New York City
Got to say its refreshing to get a device out of the box and within a few minutes I'm all set up and running a nearly stock device. The device build quality feels great and the screen looks really good. The speaker is surprisingly loud and decent from my quick testing.

I know everyone keeps calling this thing midrange but I have been dieing for a nearly stock device with a 720p 4.3" screen and LTE. I also am enjoying the fact that its an AT&T branded device with a bootloader I can unlock on day 1. Thats a good start.

How did you unlock the bootloader?

cantellay

Dec 20, 2010
Puyallup
I agree, this is just what I was looking for, a small device that with just a few min I could get to be as stock as possible. I am really glad that HTC did not put Sense under the Facebook Home thing, I was really happy to see stock Android under there.

For me the form factor is just right, I am not a big fan of the push to 5"+ screen sizes and this is just what I wanted for a for a light LTE phone.

nuclear_eclipse

May 8, 2010
You can unlock the boot loader by visiting htcdev.com and using their developer flow. I did that before I even signed into the Google or Facebook accounts, because note, it will wipe your entire device when you unlock the boot loader.

Reactions: jonslice

fungflex

Oct 19, 2005
Denville, NJ

htcdev.com normal workflow works fine, when you get to the device selection just pick the bottom, "Other supported devices" option.

You can unlock the boot loader by visiting htcdev.com and using their developer flow. I did that before I even signed into the Google or Facebook accounts, because note, it will wipe your entire device when you unlock the boot loader.

Worked like a champ, also turning off Facebook home (which is what I did since I don't even have a facebook account was incredibly simple.

Reactions: lordlittlebrooks

samomamo

Jul 17, 2010
This is stock

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366144447313.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366144447313.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 671

lordlittlebrooks

Jan 17, 2011
New York City
htcdev.com normal workflow works fine, when you get to the device selection just pick the bottom, "Other supported devices" option.

Worked like a champ, also turning off Facebook home (which is what I did since I don't even have a facebook account was incredibly simple.

Should I go ahead and unlock it? Any chance that it would interfere with a possible root method?

nuclear_eclipse

May 8, 2010
Considering that you'll likely need to unlock the boot loader to flash a recovery and/or custom ROM, and unlocking the boot loader will wipe your phone, better to get it out of the way now than wait until you have more and more data that you'll need to backup when you do... That's why I did it the moment I unboxed my phone at least.

albert.r

Oct 25, 2010
Can someone please share experience with battery standby time (especially in LTE reception areas)? Can it make it thru a couple of days or still needs to be charged nightly?

-albertr

fungflex

Oct 19, 2005
Denville, NJ
Can someone please share experience with battery standby time (especially in LTE reception areas)? Can it make it thru a couple of days or still needs to be charged nightly?

-albertr

Too early for me to make a judgement call. I've only had a sim in it for about 12 hours. I'll keep an eye on things over the next week.

nuclear_eclipse

May 8, 2010

-albertr

If you're not using it too much, it should definitely make it through two days if you stay in areas with good reception. I've used it quite extensively the past few days, between reading, browsing, and music/podcasts, and I still usually have about half of the battery left when I go to bed.

fungflex

Oct 19, 2005
Denville, NJ
I don't think I could make it longer than a full day. I use my phone quite a bit during the day with 3 push email accounts, podcasts, and plenty of twitter.

For me I am 13 hours into a very heavy usage day in and out of areas with spotty service and I've got 27% left.

In my eyes that's great, but I always neurotically charge my phones overnight.

albert.r

Oct 25, 2010
Thank you all for the feedback! If anyone else would like to chime in on battery life, please feel free to share your experience.

-albertr

rooobbbbb

Apr 13, 2008
This device is the first Android device I've had that kept up with the iPhone. I'd say this is on par with my iPhone 5 which the Nexus 4 I had previously couldn't dream of reaching. The battery level is very comfortable.

lordlittlebrooks

Jan 17, 2011
New York City
This device is the first Android device I've had that kept up with the iPhone. I'd say this is on par with my iPhone 5 which the Nexus 4 I had previously couldn't dream of reaching. The battery level is very comfortable.

I agree. I think I've tried every phone on ATT (minus the HTC One and SGS IV) and this little guy definitely can get through an entire day without needing a charge. It's not on the same level as the iPhone, which I give a 10 out of 10 for it's relatively low mAH capacity versus performance, but it's been the best so far that I've tried on ATT.

mg2195

Dec 5, 2011
RSM

I agree. I think I've tried every phone on ATT (minus the HTC One and SGS IV) and this little guy definitely can get through an entire day without needing a charge. It's not on the same level as the iPhone, which I give a 10 out of 10 for it's relatively low mAH capacity versus performance, but it's been the best so far that I've tried on ATT.

Loloolololololol...cant tell if you guys are joking about the iPhone part hahahahahahah...unless you guys are only comparing battery life?

ANYWAYS...thinking of geting this for my mom as she is very bad with tech and from what ive been reading this phone is very easy to use...and seeing as there is a vanilla android underneath that supports that...anybody have any input?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Considering that you'll likely need to unlock the boot loader to flash a recovery and/or custom ROM, and unlocking the boot loader will wipe your phone, better to get it out of the way now than wait until you have more and more data that you'll need to backup when you do... That's why I did it the moment I unboxed my phone at least.

Should I go ahead and unlock it? Any chance that it would interfere with a possible root method?

If you ever plan to put custom roms or really any recovery it will be required. It will only make getting root easier, not harder.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone