Stock Android Device

Search This thread

zounduser

Mar 2, 2012
sioux falls SD
This device is the first Android device I've had that kept up with the iPhone. I'd say this is on par with my iPhone 5 which the Nexus 4 I had previously couldn't dream of reaching. The battery level is very comfortable.

Sent from my HTC first using xda premium

My htc ONE can keep up with my roomates iphone 5, and then some.

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

newbienic

Oct 15, 2012
I got it for my mom... LOL. and so far so good. She was coming from an iPhone 4. It took some work on my part to help her make the transition, but she's had it almost 2 weeks now and she has only asked me 1 or 2 questions. If she can do it, anyone can... :)

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

I got it for my mom... LOL. and so far so good. She was coming from an iPhone 4. It took some work on my part to help her make the transition, but she's had it almost 2 weeks now and she has only asked me 1 or 2 questions. If she can do it, anyone can... :)
above post in reply to MG2195's post. forgot to check the box.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Considering that you'll likely need to unlock the boot loader to flash a recovery and/or custom ROM, and unlocking the boot loader will wipe your phone, better to get it out of the way now than wait until you have more and more data that you'll need to backup when you do... That's why I did it the moment I unboxed my phone at least.

Got to say its refreshing to get a device out of the box and within a few minutes I'm all set up and running a nearly stock device. The device build quality feels great and the screen looks really good. The speaker is surprisingly loud and decent from my quick testing.

I know everyone keeps calling this thing midrange but I have been dieing for a nearly stock device with a 720p 4.3" screen and LTE. I also am enjoying the fact that its an AT&T branded device with a bootloader I can unlock on day 1. Thats a good start.

You can unlock the boot loader by visiting htcdev.com and using their developer flow. I did that before I even signed into the Google or Facebook accounts, because note, it will wipe your entire device when you unlock the boot loader.

How did you unlock the bootloader?

htcdev.com normal workflow works fine, when you get to the device selection just pick the bottom, "Other supported devices" option.

You can unlock the boot loader by visiting htcdev.com and using their developer flow. I did that before I even signed into the Google or Facebook accounts, because note, it will wipe your entire device when you unlock the boot loader.

Worked like a champ, also turning off Facebook home (which is what I did since I don't even have a facebook account was incredibly simple.
    Should I go ahead and unlock it? Any chance that it would interfere with a possible root method?

If you ever plan to put custom roms or really any recovery it will be required. It will only make getting root easier, not harder.