[STOCK] AT&T RUU_Evita_UL_Cingular_US-1.82.502 [Wi-Fi Fix!]

Search This thread

kennethpenn

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 29, 2006
Washington, D.C.
briefmobile.com
What is this?
The following is an update AT&T RUU for the HTC One X. This will be valuable if you're trying to restore your device from a soft-brick. It does include a fix for the WiFi problems. Other notes: root still works and its noticeably smoother/faster.
  • WiFi fix
  • Root still works
  • Smoother / better performance

Thanks to our anonymous source!

Last edited:

LGSilva

May 7, 2007
Does this update can be rooted with current method?

Any info about the boot loader?

Thanks for sharing

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Reactions: zguy30

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
The following is an update AT&T RUU for the HTC One X. This will be valuable if you're trying to restore your device from a soft-brick. It does include a fix for the WiFi problems. Other notes: root still works and its noticeably smoother/faster.

Nice find! Just got my One X TODAY!!! WOOOT!!!!

Last edited:

nugzo

Apr 20, 2010
Fayetteville, NC.
www.capefearcomputer.com
Thanks. I had just installed pauls asian rom script. hasnt even settled from reboot but i think i'd rather try this one...

---------- Post added at 07:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 AM ----------

Nice find! Just got my One X TODAY!!! WOOOT!!!!

No more like WOOOT for another dev :p Cant wait for bootloader unlock so you guys can get busy!!

Any ETA on a mirror? 3 hours to dload :(
Edit: now 6 hours. Everyone is dloading this treat :p

Last edited:

zguy30

Apr 9, 2010
Hey Kenneth,

Just installed on my device will report results. Now all we need is a leaked unlocked boot loader :)
Ok upgraded and rooted just fine thanks!

zguy

Last edited:

expertzero1

Sep 28, 2011
So Cal, California
Thanks. I had just installed pauls asian rom script. hasnt even settled from reboot but i think i'd rather try this one...

---------- Post added at 07:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 AM ----------

No more like WOOOT for another dev :p Cant wait for bootloader unlock so you guys can get busy!!

Any ETA on a mirror? 3 hours to dload :(
Edit: now 6 hours. Everyone is dloading this treat :p

only 5 minutes for me

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

question, so do i need to backup my apps before i install this?

onthezone

Mar 12, 2007
Does this have the visual voice mail pre installed? I know you can manually install but don't want to.

nugzo

Apr 20, 2010
Fayetteville, NC.
www.capefearcomputer.com
One Click Root is not working on this RUU. I keep getting this error:

adb server is out of date. killing.............

you have to re enable usb debugging

---------- Post added at 08:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 AM ----------

Does this have the visual voice mail pre installed? I know you can manually install but don't want to.

These kind of comments i dont understand..if you want vvm, why would you have a problem installing it manually?

holtenc

Feb 20, 2011
One Click Root is not working on this RUU. I keep getting this error:

adb server is out of date. killing.............

you have to re enable usb debugging

---------- Post added at 08:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 AM ----------

These kind of comments i dont understand..if you want vvm, why would you have a problem installing it manually?

enable usb debugging. stop any adb processes that are currently running on your PC. and make sure HTC Sync isn't running as well.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What is this?
    • WiFi fix
    • Root still works
    • Smoother / better performance

Thanks to our anonymous source!
    none of these problems people are having are issues with the RUU.

bad battery life, apps not showing up, phone getting hot... it's all things that individuals are doing, in addition to upgrading the RUU.

many people have confirmed that this update makes the phone much better, and i can attest to that. if you're having issues, re-evaluate your individual circumstances - apps you've installed, the way you installed the RUU (did you have other processes running on your PC while you were installing? while you were downloading the file?), whether you have wakelocks, whether you cleared your data, faulty hardware, etc.

if you download the RUU properly, and install it properly - unless your hardware is just messed up, or you do something that i mentioned above - your phone WILL be better off after the update.
    Does this update can be rooted with current method?

Any info about the boot loader?

Thanks for sharing

lol this isnt even out officially yet, very nice!
    I had root on the stock release and then ran this and lost root. The rooting tool won't work on this now. Any suggestions/ideas?

Root tool works fine. Make sure HTC sync is NOT running in the system tray.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA