[STOCK][C66XX][4.4] Update to 10.5.A.0.230 [Root & XZDR]

Search This thread

guybrush2099

Apr 19, 2013
If you even looked briefly, you would have found this - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2872504
There is at least one other in the development section.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

I had found it yet..but It requires to clean all data, system, wipe everything , etc...

anyway today I've found this, it seems to be a good update and it doesn't requires to delete everything to be flashed. It saves all data in the smartphone

It could be useful to other "lazy" updaters like me, so I post the link here:
http://xdaforums.com/xperia-z/development/stock-rom-kitkat-4-4-4-283-ncb-pre-t2875379

thank you anyway :)

Reactions: jerryhou85

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php

Requirements:

Special features:

In the following guide I suggest you use an external SDCard but that's just good practice, you can use your internal storage or even an USB OTG storage device in TWRP if you like to install, that's no problem!... If you are modding and the likes, best is to have an external sdcard, just for safeties sake.

If you are unable to download torrent files directly, have http://zbigz.com/ do it for you!

How to update to 10.5.A.0.230:
    1. Files (Find them on the DevDB Download tab!):
      • For C6602: Download C6602_10.5.A.0.230.flashable.zip (935MB) and C6602_10.5.A.0.230_Stripped.ftf (17MB)
      • For C6603 & C6606: Download C6603_10.5.A.0.230.flashable.zip (898MB) and C6603_10.5.A.0.230_Stripped.ftf (17MB)
      • For C6616: Download C6616_10.5.A.0.230.flashable.zip (932MB) and C6616_10.5.A.0.230_Stripped.ftf (17MB)
      Save them somewhere you remember;
    2. Put 'C66XX_10.5.A.0.230.flashable.zip' on (the external) SDcard1;
    3. Put 'C66XX_10.5.A.0.230_Stripped.ftf' inside the Flashtool/firmwares folder;
    4. Create a backup of your phone in TWRP and don't forget to backup the contents of 'SDCard' (the internal storage!);
    5. Flash 'C66XX_10.5.A.0.230.flashable.zip' in TWRP (if you notice your phone reboot during the update process, update to the latest XZDualRecovery and try again);
      NOTE: do not reboot but go back to the main menu, then go to reboot->power off;
    6. Flash everything in 'C66XX_10.5.A.0.230_Stripped.ftf' using flashtool;
    7. Reboot to system.

The first boot will be slow and after some time at the boot animation you will see Android start optimizing the apps on your phone.

Enjoy! :laugh:

Known XZDualRecovery Issues:
    Busybox Updater/Installer: If you have XZDualRecovery installed, un-install any Busybox updating app/tool as most if not all of them will install a version of busybox which does not support the lzma compression applets XZDualRecovery depends on. The version installed together with XZDualRecovery is very stable and I have yet to hear anyone complain about it's stability.

How to report errors:
    Please, before shouting out "It doesn't work!!1!" or "I lost root!" or even "My phone reboots when remounting /system RW!!" try the following:
    • Restore any JB 4.2.2 FTF using any means you are familiar with so you can try again.
    • Root it using any means you are familiar with.
    • Install XZDualRecovery;
    • Update to 10.4.1.B.0.101;
    • Then try to update again using TWRP.
    • If it still fails something from there on: LOGS!!.
      NOTE: The important ones can be found in /cache/recovery and in /sdcard1/XZDualRecovery, pack them up and send them to me or attach them to your bug report.

Thank you :)

XDA:DevDB Information
    [STOCK][C66XX][4.4] Update to 10.5.A.0.230 [Root & XZDR], ROM for the Sony Xperia Z

Contributors
    [NUT]
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: STOCK

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 10.5.A.0.230
    Stable Release Date: 2014-05-24

Created 2014-05-24
    Last Updated 2014-08-20
    IMPORTANT NOTICE:

Because I have to prioritize the time I have between projects and my personal life as well as my business life got increasingly busy, I have decided this was the last package I have done for public release.

Anyone able and willing is invited to take over the magic wand of releasing these update packages. I will be working on expanding the toolkit used for it and will keep updating the DIY thread, working with who ever takes over to fix any issues in the ROM that might be caused by security issues. These will be implemented in XZDR as soon as a solution is found, so you will still see loads more from me, just no ROM packages.

The DIY thread: [DIY GUIDE] Create a personalized ROM yourself!

Ask any question on the process of creating these packages there.

I will be placing the files which I released under the Download tab on the DevDB bar, cleaning stuff from my private downloads server in the coming weeks. The last topics I did for the update packages will remain open but I will stop monitoring them as soon as the files have been put on the XDA file server.
    But this isn't really a problem if your apps are up to date (and the developers implemented the new access method). So far all my apps have no trouble with my sd card.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nextapp.sdfix
    Thank you again Nut!! KK it is working awesome for my XZ :D

I just have some stupid questions they are confusing me...
    1. Why do we have to create a backup via TWRP if I don't see when to restore it after installing? Shall we do it? Is it just for precaution? Or does it restore automatically when we install the flashable zip?
    2. Does the option "Factory reset" in TWRP is exactly the same as the option of "Factory data reset" in settings menu/Backup & restore?
    3. Related to 2nd question, if I also chose to erase internal memory, will I lose root or dual recovery? (In case I would like a very very clean install of 4.4 but with root and dual recovery)

Thanks in advance for your comments :D
    Backup is just for precaution, in case of any brick of new ROM.
    Hi

I've downloaded C6603_10.5.A.0.230_Stripped .. but it should have been a ftf... but it is a zip

Advise please?
    Just rename the extension?

Yes. Rename it to ftf..

---------- Post added at 02:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 AM ----------

My Xperia Z 6603 is with Mokee 4.2.2 and how could I install this stock rom over my phone, please show me in instruction,
    many thanks & greatly appreciated,
    cheers

Do u have cwm recovery pre installed?