- Flashtool 0.9.15 by @Androxyde
- XZDualRecovery 2.7.90 BETA or newer.
- Current rooted FW version: 14.3.A.0.681.
- SuperSU integrated in system, FULL ROOT!
- XZDualRecovery 2.7.115 BETA (CWM & PhilZ Touch & TWRP) pre-installed;
- init.d support (read how to enable)
- For both locked and unlocked bootloaders!
In the following guide I suggest you use an external SDCard but that's just good practice, you can use your internal storage or even an USB OTG storage device in TWRP if you like to install, that's no problem!... If you are modding and the likes, best is to have an external sdcard, just for safeties sake.
If you are unable to download torrent files directly, have http://zbigz.com/ do it for you!
How to update to 14.3.A.0.757:
- Files (Find them on the DevDB Download tab!):
- For C6902: Download C6902_14.3.A.0.757.flashable.zip (1004MB) and C6902_14.3.A.0.757_Stripped.ftf (21MB)
- For C6903: Download C6903_14.3.A.0.757.flashable.zip (893MB) and C6903_14.3.A.0.757_Stripped.ftf (21MB)
- For C6906: Download C6906_14.3.A.0.757.flashable.zip (952MB) and C6906_14.3.A.0.757_Stripped.ftf (21MB)
- For C6943: Download C6943_14.3.A.0.757.flashable.zip (985MB) and C6943_14.3.A.0.757_Stripped.ftf (21MB)
- Put 'C69XX_14.3.A.0.757.flashable.zip' on (the external) SDcard1;
- Put 'C69XX_14.3.A.0.757_Stripped.ftf' inside the Flashtool/firmwares folder;
- Create a backup of your phone in TWRP and don't forget to backup the contents of 'SDCard' (the internal storage!);
- Flash 'C69XX_14.3.A.0.757.flashable.zip' in TWRP (if you notice your phone reboot during the update process, update to the latest XZDualRecovery and try again);
NOTE: do not reboot but go back to the main menu, then go to reboot->power off;
- Flash everything in 'C69XX_14.3.A.0.757_Stripped.ftf' using flashtool;
- Reboot to system.
The first boot will be slow and after some time at the boot animation you will see Android start optimizing the apps on your phone.
Want to De-ODEX your ROM?
@RyokoN has kindly provided a flashable package for this purpose, download it here (MEGA Download). Make sure you wipe the DALVIK-CACHE after you flash it.
@RHBH has also created a deodex package and will do so for all variant releases. Check out his thread here.
Need some help?
@shem2409 has made a video guide to aid you in the update process:
Known XZDualRecovery Issues:
Busybox Updater/Installer: If you have XZDualRecovery installed, un-install any Busybox updating app/tool as most if not all of them will install a version of busybox which does not support the lzma compression applets XZDualRecovery depends on. The version installed together with XZDualRecovery is very stable and I have yet to hear anyone complain about it's stability.
How to report errors:
Please, before shouting out "It doesn't work!!1!" or "I lost root!" or even "My phone reboots when remounting /system RW!!" try the following:
- Restore any JB 4.2.2 FTF using any means you are familiar with so you can try again.
- Root it using any means you are familiar with.
- Install XZDualRecovery;
- Update to 14.2.A.1.136;
- Then try to update again using TWRP.
- If it still fails something from there on: LOGS!!.
NOTE: The important ones can be found in /cache/recovery and in /sdcard1/XZDualRecovery, pack them up and send them to me or attach them to your bug report.
[STOCK][C69XX][4.4] Update to 14.3.A.0.757 [Root & XZDR][DE-/ODEX], ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1
[NUT], RyokoN, RHBH
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: 14.3.A.0.681
Based On: STOCK
Stable Release Date: 2014-04-11
Beta Release Date: 2014-04-10
Last Updated 2014-08-20