This is a guide on how to install Stock Rom or Crossflash on any LG G7 ThinQ
(Except for G710TM and G710V)
Please read everything written down and on the second post before asking questions!
Before we do anything i have to explain some stuff:
- I am not responsible for any damages that may occur during the installation or after it. I dont have every G7 on the world to test it so something unexpected can happen. Still if something is not clear ask here for help.
- Stock roms should work on almost every model (G710TM (Anything related to T-Mobile) models are not supported)
Note: for models from ATT, Cricket, Sprint, BoostMobile, VirginMobile, AIO and Tracfone wont be able to go back to their stock firmware because ther is no KDZ or Dump available. Note2: It's not recommended to flash ANY Stock rom to G710V. You may not be able to complete the startup setup.
- Some features may or may not work:
- Loss of Serial Number
- Widevine will downgrade to L3 (No Netflix HD)
- SafetyNet Issues
Join our Telegram Group here:
>> t.me/lgg7thinqmain <<
>> t.me/lgg7thinqmain <<
Step 0:Make sure that you have read everything that was written above. Also please uninstall any previous version of LGUP if presented.
BACKUP BEFORE DOING ANYTHING!!!
Step 1:Everything that you need:
Step 2:After downloading everything install:
- https://drive.google.com/open?id=18i2WZksRjcrvg-KQjaHuzInd7_sbRBvq (USB Drivers)
- https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dJZxrj7nteDDUcQpiJLpX9Mjumm5mtKp (LGUP 1.15.06)
- https://drive.google.com/open?id=1V8IF2vJed3bQBsBCHLNBJdnW4gRj2uo0 (LGUP_Common/ LGUP dll)
- https://lg-firmwares.com/ (KDZ Files if you dont have any) (Ignore the G710TM KDZs)
- The USB Drivers (LGMobileDriver_WHQL_Ver_4.2.0.exe)
- Then LGUP (LGUP_Dev_Frame_Ver_1_15_0_6.msi)
Step 3: Turn off your phone and then:
- Hold volume up
- Plug your USB Cable to your phone while holding volume up (The usb must be connected to your pc)!
- Now the phone should look like this.
Step 4: Open the device manager
- There will be a tab with the name "Ports"
- Open it and it shoud look lime this.
Note:If you dont see it or there is a problem with is. please try reinstalling the drivers from before.
- At the end it should say COMX.
- Remember that number. We will need it in the next step.
Step 5:Time to install pie!
- Go toCode:
C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP
- Extract the "common" folder from LGUP dll (LGUP_Common.zip) inside the folder "model".
- Then go back to C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP (if you're not already there)
- Hold the shift key and right click on a free space.
- Choose to open a command prompt.
- Note:If you're on windows 10 it will be called a PowerShell. After oppening it type cmd and hit enter.
- After that typeCode:
lgup_cmd.exe com[B]X[/B] "C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP\model\common\LGUP_Common.dll" [KDZ Loctation]
- X = Your number from step 4 (e.g. com3)
- [KDZ Location] = Your full path to your KDZ File (G710_Something_something.kdz)
After that the phone should start being flashed and after a bit it should boot into your new Stock Rom
Feel free to ask questions!
Credit and a lot of thanks to: