[STOCK][CROSSFLASH][GUIDE] How to install Stock Rom (or crossflash) using LG UP

lolwatpear

Nov 24, 2011
Carbonrom Vendor also can be found here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11XNXjsdDfjufX5ZiOyC3I0lk0B2r2nuY
(Thanks to LameMonster82)

The steps are the same as on first page, just replace vendor with Carbon Vendor. Use twrp from this site:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g7-thinq/development/twrp-twrp-3-3-1-0-lg-g7-thinq-t3954012
You need to format data in twrp (with type 'yes')

What works (Evolution X 3.3 and Carbon Vendor): - everything except following bugs
- also LED is working
- no slowdowns
Bugs:
- The display will turn off for 0.5 seconds when the phone gets unlocked (only when AOD is not active). Sometimes this happens also with AOD on.
- Vibration not working. If you try to install ARCore, the rom doesn't start (like most of AOSP GSI). This happens cause the build.prop file changes completly to google pixel 2.

You can use also gsi vendor mentioned on first page with more bugs:
- LED not working (can be disabled by magisk module)
- The display will turn off for 0.5 seconds when the phone gets unlocked (only when AOD is not active)
- Vibration not working. If you try to install ARCore, the rom doesn't start (like most of AOSP GSI).

Evolution X 3.3 is basically the same as PixelExpierenceRom. It comes with gapss, has November patch, fully working navigation (with included Pixel launcher) and some more tweaks as PixelExpierenceRom.
Can we get vibration working or what? That's kind of a big deal.

Reactions: Stvn77

shorty.marten

Dec 15, 2013
Magdeburg
Can we get vibration working or what? That's kind of a big deal.
Nope, cause every ARCore or other fingerprint changing mod prevents Rom from booting.
You can also use Evolution X with instructions from first page but with mentioned bugs (more than just vibration). There is a patch for LED flashing in this thread.

Edit: tried the files from first page, everything running as expected, except vibration fix. I have the same problem with ARcore as with carbon vendor. So i think, it is a problem with evolutionX rom. More testing needed. For me it is the best android 10 rom i found at least bugs.

Last edited:

DerBraune

Jul 29, 2016
Thank you very much. I wrote a little Magisk Modul for me cause LED flashing came back after every reboot. For automatic disabling just integrate
echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/red/brightness && echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/green/brightness && echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/blue/brightness
in common/service.sh of Magisk Modul.
Could you please send a link to the module?

lolwatpear

Nov 24, 2011
Nope, cause every ARCore or other fingerprint changing mod prevents Rom from booting.
You can also use Evolution X with instructions from first page but with mentioned bugs (more than just vibration). There is a patch for LED flashing in this thread.

Edit: tried the files from first page, everything running as expected, except vibration fix. I have the same problem with ARcore as with carbon vendor. So i think, it is a problem with evolutionX rom. More testing needed. For me it is the best android 10 rom i found at least bugs.
the android 10 asop rom with vendor_gsi is booting fine for me after installing ARCore, but vibration still isn't working.

are you referring to this as the patch?

Thank you very much. I wrote a little Magisk Modul for me cause LED flashing came back after every reboot. For automatic disabling just integrate
echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/red/brightness && echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/green/brightness && echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/blue/brightness
in common/service.sh of Magisk Modul.
could you upload that as a zip? I don't know how to do this.

Last edited:

shorty.marten

Dec 15, 2013
Magdeburg
Here the link to my customized LED disabler for magisk. It is customized cause it was originally written for Xiaomi A1, and I just changed the text in mentioned common/service.sh so please don't wonder about the text while flashing. I was to lazy to customize it too. :cool:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1H4E0DQFUJIJuqR_0v_meOH0vjyzfDkLb

sorry for late reply. Thanks to rstacruz for original module, and thanks to aleksa.dobree for "LED-Fix"

The LED module only seams to work with android 9 GSI roms. The last time i used that modul was under Havoc 2.9 (Android 9).
I tried to install vibration fix with Android 10 but the rom stop booting after that. Since it stopped working under Android 10 i used the carbon vendor with working LED notification light. So i decided to use carbon rom vendor as my daily driver and dispense with vibration.
my config is:
twrp from here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g7-thinq/development/twrp-twrp-3-3-1-0-lg-g7-thinq-t3954012
don't use the one from first page!
flash the vendor and vbmeta from first page or use the carbonrom vendor, as i do, cause with that vendor the notification light is working.
flash evolutionX Rom by TurboLuke:
https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/wiki/Generic-System-Image-%28GSI%29-list
After that, you can normaly install actual Magisk 20.2

Last edited:

Awesomeslayerg

Jul 5, 2014
Los Angeles
Here the link to my customized LED disabler for magisk. It is customized cause it was originally written for Xiaomi A1, and I just changed the text in mentioned common/service.sh so please don't wonder about the text while flashing. I was to lazy to customize it too. :cool:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1H4E0DQFUJIJuqR_0v_meOH0vjyzfDkLb

sorry for late reply. Thanks to rstacruz for original module, and thanks to aleksa.dobree for "LED-Fix"

The LED module only seams to work with android 9 GSI roms. The last time i used that modul was under Havoc 2.9 (Android 9).
I tried to install vibration fix with Android 10 but the rom stop booting after that. Since it stopped working under Android 10 i used the carbon vendor with working LED notification light. So i decided to use carbon rom vendor as my daily driver and dispense with vibration.
my config is:
twrp from here:
don't use the one from first page!
flash the vendor and vbmeta from first page or use the carbonrom vendor, as i do, cause with that vendor the notification light is working.
flash evolutionX Rom by TurboLuke:
https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/wiki/Generic-System-Image-%28GSI%29-list
After that, you can normaly install actual Magisk 20.2
What do you mean by dispense with vibration?

ushoda

Oct 6, 2012
Noob question over here.

I got a friend who owns the g7 (710em) here in Chile, she's stuck with Oreo.

Can I use this tutorial to install pie (just pie, no AOSP) ?
Would everything work? (Vibration bugs are only from AOSP?)

Thanks in advance

shorty.marten

Dec 15, 2013
Magdeburg
Hi wher can I find Carbonrom vendor? For LG G710N Your fix doesn't work so I wanted to try with new vendor.
Carbonrom Vendor also can be found here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11XNXjsdDfjufX5ZiOyC3I0lk0B2r2nuY
(Thanks to LameMonster82)

The steps are the same as on first page, just replace vendor with Carbon Vendor. Use twrp from this site:
You need to format data in twrp (with type 'yes')

What works (Evolution X 3.3 and Carbon Vendor): - everything except following bugs
- also LED is working
- no slowdowns
Bugs:
- The display will turn off for 0.5 seconds when the phone gets unlocked (only when AOD is not active). Sometimes this happens also with AOD on.
- Vibration not working. If you try to install ARCore, the rom doesn't start (like most of AOSP GSI). This happens cause the build.prop file changes completly to google pixel 2.

You can use also gsi vendor mentioned on first page with more bugs:
- LED not working (can be disabled by magisk module)
- The display will turn off for 0.5 seconds when the phone gets unlocked (only when AOD is not active)
- Vibration not working. If you try to install ARCore, the rom doesn't start (like most of AOSP GSI).

Evolution X 3.3 is basically the same as PixelExpierenceRom. It comes with gapss, has November patch, fully working navigation (with included Pixel launcher) and some more tweaks as PixelExpierenceRom.
Next time please use search function.

kimo9hero

Apr 13, 2012
Milan
Hi guys, when i install an aosp gsi rom, all works fine but my microsd Samsung need to be formatted and i don't know why. When i back to the stock pie rom there is no problem. I don't wanna format my microsd cause there is my backup on it. How can i solve this problem without losing data on the memory? Thanks in advance.

Tio_espectr0

Feb 2, 2020
Hi friends, I installed the Korean korean with patch of From March 1, 2019, I installed it shortly after it was published The guide, my phone is the LG G7 ThinQ AWM currently has android 9, but does not show me the IMEI when dialing * # 06 # could someone help me? Thank you very much to all

netookska05

Jan 28, 2013
Albuquerque
Hi guys, when i install an aosp gsi rom, all works fine but my microsd Samsung need to be formatted and i don't know why. When i back to the stock pie rom there is no problem. I don't wanna format my microsd cause there is my backup on it. How can i solve this problem without losing data on the memory? Thanks in advance.
Use a different sd card

Reactions: kimo9hero

netookska05

Jan 28, 2013
Albuquerque
Thanks for the answer. But why should i use a different sd card? My sd card work good and fast without problem with stock rom. Only with aosp i have the problem.
What format is your current sd card in. exFAT or FAT32? That could be your problem. If you have another card see if you can format the other card with the current rom your on and moves files back and forth to test it.

Last edited: