[STOCK][D650X][4.4] Update to 17.1.1.A.0.402 [Root & XZDR]

Search This thread

[NUT]

attachment.php

Requirements:

Special features:

In the following guide I suggest you use an external SDCard but that's just good practice, you can use your internal storage or even an USB OTG storage device in TWRP if you like to install, that's no problem!... If you are modding and the likes, best is to have an external sdcard, just for safeties sake.

If you are unable to download torrent files directly, have http://zbigz.com/ do it for you!

How to update to 17.1.1.A.0.402:
  1. Files (Find the files on the DevDB Downloads tab!):
    • For D6502: Download D6502_17.1.1.A.0.402.flashable.zip (931MB) and D6502_17.1.1.A.0.402_Stripped.ftf (23MB)
    • For D6503: Download D6503_17.1.1.A.0.402.flashable.zip (912MB) and D6503_17.1.1.A.0.402_Stripped.ftf (22MB)
    Save them somewhere you remember;
  2. Put 'D650X_17.1.1.A.0.402.flashable.zip' on (the external) SDcard1;
  3. Put 'D650X_17.1.1.A.0.402_Stripped.ftf' inside the Flashtool/firmwares folder;
  4. Create a backup of your phone in TWRP and don't forget to backup the contents of 'SDCard' (the internal storage!);
  5. Flash 'D650X_17.1.1.A.0.402.flashable.zip' in TWRP;
    NOTE: do not reboot but go back to the main menu, then go to reboot->power off;
  6. Flash everything in 'D650X_17.1.1.A.0.402_Stripped.ftf' using flashtool;
  7. Reboot to system.

The first boot will be slow and after some time at the boot animation you will see Android start optimizing the apps on your phone.

Enjoy! :laugh:

Known XZDualRecovery Issues:
Busybox Updater/Installer: If you have XZDualRecovery installed, un-install any Busybox updating app/tool as most if not all of them will install a version of busybox which does not support the lzma compression applets XZDualRecovery depends on. The version installed together with XZDualRecovery is very stable and I have yet to hear anyone complain about it's stability.

How to report errors:
Please, before shouting out "It doesn't work!!1!" or "I lost root!" or even "My phone reboots when remounting /system RW!!" try the following:
  • Restore a .55 or .69 FTF using any means you are familiar with so you can try again.
  • Root it using any means you are familiar with.
  • Install XZDualRecovery;
  • Then try to update again using TWRP.
  • If it still fails something from there on: LOGS!!.
    NOTE: The important ones can be found in /cache/recovery and in /sdcard1/XZDualRecovery, pack them up and send them to me or attach them to your bug report.

Thank you :)

XDA:DevDB Information
[STOCK][D650X][4.4] Update to 17.1.1.A.0.402 [Root & XZDR], ROM for the Sony Xperia Z2

Contributors
[NUT]
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: 17.1.A.2.55/.69
Based On: STOCK

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2014-06-17
Beta Release Date: 2014-06-16

Created 2014-06-16
Last Updated 2014-08-26

hidea

Oct 28, 2007
Hong Kong
Huzzah! Thanks for your hard work, @[NUT]! You were there since the beginning, and without you (and the others) this wouldn't be possible!

Just out of curiosity, what's the base FTF for this ROM?

[NUT]

hidea

Oct 28, 2007
Hong Kong
where I can find the NUT app?

If I'm reading this correctly,

The default on first boot with the boot-to-recovery flag set by any recovery is PhilZ Touch Recovery.
In your XZDualRecovery folder in either /cache or /storage/sdcard1 you will find a file called XZDR.prop. Set dr.default.recovery=cwm to dr.default.recovery=twrp to change the default recovery to TWRP. The button choice however takes precedence, so you can always overrule the default!
You can also change back to 'Vanilla CWM' if you wish by changing dr.vanilla.cwm=false to dr.vanilla.cwm=true in the XZDR.prop file.
Init.d support is disabled by default, set dr.enable.initd to true to enable it.
Insecure ramdisk support is disabled by default, set dr.insecure.ramdisk to true to enable it, set to 'power' to boot it by pressing the power button at boot.

Source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2261606

RedSkyRoad

Nov 11, 2010
Johannesburg
Hold vol down on boot or use NUT app to set which recovery will be primary when you restart device. (you'll get that app with recovery)

Cant get it to work... Do I really NEED to use TWRP? PLease help...

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

Something is not right. When I keep VOL down with reboot the device stays black

UPDATE : Got everything done :) Thanks :)

Am on 402 rooted without even touching the bootoader :)

Last edited:

hidea

Oct 28, 2007
Hong Kong
Ahh, yes. @[NUT] app is actually in the app drawer, and it's called NDR Utils. The icon is a cute red little devil! The app will let you choose which primary (default?) recovery to use. Also, has a bunch of power menu options.

Now… slightly off topic; will we be seeing a similar XZDR and ROM for the Z2 tablets (particularly the 16GB WiFi/SGP511)?

Again, thanks for the good work, @[NUT]!

hush66

Apr 6, 2010
It works! Woohoo!

I'm happy to report that I went through the entire process (downgrade to .55, rooted via Community RootKit, installed dualrecovery, then flashed [NUT]'s files) and I'm on 402 with locked bootloader and everything's working well so far! :good::laugh::highfive:

[NUT]

ok everything went well but i have no network signal just a red cross next to the icon

What model? Did you flash the entire ftf as instructed?

Now… slightly off topic; will we be seeing a similar XZDR and ROM for the Z2 tablets (particularly the 16GB WiFi/SGP511)?

I'm working on the Recovery at least, using my DIY guide some brave and helpful soul should be able to create a package then.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php

Requirements:

Special features:

In the following guide I suggest you use an external SDCard but that's just good practice, you can use your internal storage or even an USB OTG storage device in TWRP if you like to install, that's no problem!... If you are modding and the likes, best is to have an external sdcard, just for safeties sake.

If you are unable to download torrent files directly, have http://zbigz.com/ do it for you!

How to update to 17.1.1.A.0.402:
    1. Files (Find the files on the DevDB Downloads tab!):
      • For D6502: Download D6502_17.1.1.A.0.402.flashable.zip (931MB) and D6502_17.1.1.A.0.402_Stripped.ftf (23MB)
      • For D6503: Download D6503_17.1.1.A.0.402.flashable.zip (912MB) and D6503_17.1.1.A.0.402_Stripped.ftf (22MB)
      Save them somewhere you remember;
    2. Put 'D650X_17.1.1.A.0.402.flashable.zip' on (the external) SDcard1;
    3. Put 'D650X_17.1.1.A.0.402_Stripped.ftf' inside the Flashtool/firmwares folder;
    4. Create a backup of your phone in TWRP and don't forget to backup the contents of 'SDCard' (the internal storage!);
    5. Flash 'D650X_17.1.1.A.0.402.flashable.zip' in TWRP;
      NOTE: do not reboot but go back to the main menu, then go to reboot->power off;
    6. Flash everything in 'D650X_17.1.1.A.0.402_Stripped.ftf' using flashtool;
    7. Reboot to system.

The first boot will be slow and after some time at the boot animation you will see Android start optimizing the apps on your phone.

Enjoy! :laugh:

Known XZDualRecovery Issues:
    Busybox Updater/Installer: If you have XZDualRecovery installed, un-install any Busybox updating app/tool as most if not all of them will install a version of busybox which does not support the lzma compression applets XZDualRecovery depends on. The version installed together with XZDualRecovery is very stable and I have yet to hear anyone complain about it's stability.

How to report errors:
    Please, before shouting out "It doesn't work!!1!" or "I lost root!" or even "My phone reboots when remounting /system RW!!" try the following:
    • Restore a .55 or .69 FTF using any means you are familiar with so you can try again.
    • Root it using any means you are familiar with.
    • Install XZDualRecovery;
    • Then try to update again using TWRP.
    • If it still fails something from there on: LOGS!!.
      NOTE: The important ones can be found in /cache/recovery and in /sdcard1/XZDualRecovery, pack them up and send them to me or attach them to your bug report.

Thank you :)

XDA:DevDB Information
    [STOCK][D650X][4.4] Update to 17.1.1.A.0.402 [Root & XZDR], ROM for the Sony Xperia Z2

Contributors
    [NUT]
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 17.1.A.2.55/.69
    Based On: STOCK

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2014-06-17
    Beta Release Date: 2014-06-16

Created 2014-06-16
    Last Updated 2014-08-26
    ROM STATUS: STABLE

WARNING:
    Be prepared to lose everything if it for some reason goes belly up!
    The reason for me to not implement the sdcard fix is simple: I don't touch my roms, I root them, make sure you have recovery and that updating to the latest while keeping your files in tact (no wipe!) is done with ease.

From that point on, you can do whatever you wish to change or keep it as is, that is YOUR choice, not mine: it's your phone... Right?
    Did not work. What should the permissions on the Build.prop be?

Read my updated post, sorry discovered it isn't working as it did before.

'false' should turn it off, but it makes the icon turn bright white and not hide. Setting it to true shows it but then set to a grey-ish color...

*sigh*

hah... found it...

/system/etc/customization/settings/config.prop

set ro.nfc.icon.enable to false, make sure it is set to 'false' in /system/build.prop as well.

This will turn it off for sure, I just tested it :cowboy:
    With the rooting tools still able to root the latest rom, I'll skip releasing packages for 314.

To upgrade: grab an ftf, unselect all wipe options and flash it using flashtool. Then root again using the available rooting tools.