[STOCK] D851 30E KDZ + Flashable ZIPs (ROOTABLE) (MM)

A

aclegg2011

KDZ File:
D85130e_00_0711.zip (KDZ is zipped)

TWRP Flashable Files:
LG-D85130E-Flashable.COMPLETE.zip - all stock with recovery removed (to preserve twrp)

LG-D85130E-Flashable.Boot.zip - stock boot.img

LG-D85130E-Modem.zip - stock modem.img

LG-D85130E-Bootloader - stock bootloader

LG-D85130E-Boot-REPACK - stock boot.img repackaged so SU can be used on stock rom

TWRP / FlashFire installable SuperSU 2.79 ZIP :
https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/supersu/download/zip/SuperSU-v2.79-201612051815.zip

Latest TWRP:
https://dl.twrp.me/d851/twrp-3.0.2-0-d851.img.htmlTWRP 3.0.2 d851 image

all zips and scripst were takes from @autoprime's 30D thread (I was too lazy to make my own)
PLEASE BACK EVERYTHING UP AND FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Install Directions (coming from rooted and twrped 30d):
1) Copy LG-D85130E-Flashable.COMPLETE.zip + LG-D85130E-Boot-REPACK + SuperSU + Latest TWRP to sdcard or internal memory
2) Reboot into TWRP
3) Flash 1)files in the same order you copied. DO NOT REBOOT IN BETWEEN FLASHING. FLASH ALL 4 FILES AT THE SAME TIME.
4) Reboot wipe/cache and davlvik

Install Directions (coming from 30E no root and no twrp)
1) You can't get into twrp and you lost root. No problem.
2) Use LGUP to flash back to 30d (search xda forums)
3) Start up MM 30d
4) Copy kingroot to /sdcard or internal memory 5) Run kingroot and you'll have t...velopers.com/member.php?u=3771760"]aclegg2011
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2016-10-11
Last Updated 2017-02-23

Last edited:

eeo1122

Oct 9, 2016
San Diego
Nice. I had flashed Resurrection Remix ROM a few days ago, but it wasn't stable. Rebooted several times when I tried to manually input a phone number in dialer. Also, it took far too long to boot. About twice as long as Stock. So now I am back to Stock, still rooted on 30D & I just got hit with an OTA update notification.

How is CM 14 doing for you in regards to heat issues, Bluetooth connectivity and camera quality?

Last edited:
Reactions: matteosaeed
A

aclegg2011

Nice. I had flashed Resurrection Remix ROM a few days ago, but it wasn't stable. Rebooted several times when I tried to manually input a phone number in dialer. Also, it took far too long to boot. About twice as long as Stock. So now I am back to Stock, still rooted on 30D & I just got hit witave h an OTA update notification.

How is CM 14 doing for you in regards to heat issues, Bluetooth connectivity and camera quality?
I don't use my g3 for daily use so I can't tell you about what issues. The Bluetooth seems to work, but I haven't tested it totally yet. I need to update the g3 vendor and configs to 30e and make sure nothing is broken.

totalppl

Mar 7, 2013
S. Burbs Chicago
Working so far! Thank You!

KDZ File:
D85130e_00_0711.zip (KDZ is zipped)

TWRP Flashable Files:
LG-D85130E-Flashable.COMPLETE.zip - all stock with recovery removed (to preserve twrp)

LG-D85130E-Flashable.Boot.zip - stock boot.img

LG-D85130E-Modem.zip - stock modem.img

LG-D85130E-Bootloader - stock bootloader

LG-D85130E-Boot-REPACK - stock boot.img repackaged so SU can be used on stock rom

all zips and scripst were takes from @autoprime's 30D thread (I was too lazy to make my own)
PLEASE BACK EVERYTHING UP AND FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK!

XDA:DevDB Information
[STOCK] D851 30E KDZ + Flashable ZIPs (MM), ROM for the T-Mobile LG G3

Contributors
aclegg2011
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2016-10-11
Last Updated 2016-10-11
Working so far, Thank You!!

FMSL

Dec 12, 2013
Ponce
Hi and thanks for the uploads! My questions is, if I'm already on stock 30D what files do I need to flash in order to only update. Or do I need to flash the complete 1.1GB package? Thanks in advance!

A

aclegg2011

Hi and thanks for the uploads! My questions is, if I'm already on stock 30D what files do I need to flash in order to only update. Or do I need to flash the complete 1.1GB package? Thanks in advance!
bootloader and modem

A

aclegg2011

Thanks. Just flashed it. In the Software Version it still displays D85130d. Is it something I missed?
tha's because you didn't want to flash the whole rom. You're bootloader and modem are on 30E, but you're still using the 30D rom.

FMSL

Dec 12, 2013
Ponce
tha's because you didn't want to flash the whole rom. You're bootloader and modem are on 30E, but you're still using the 30D rom.
Ok, I understand what I did and thank you for the explanation. I'm kinda of a noob when it comes to ROMs and for a moment I thought this was the OTA from D to E but breakdown into separate files. Guess I have to flash the ROM compelety. Again, thanks for all the work to do!

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

Used TWRP to dirty flash Complete, Boot Repack, and latest SU from the link in post 1 of the 30d thread, in that order, on a phone with 30d rooted, and everything seems to be working correctly. Still rooted, showing 30e in software version.
Did it boot up normally, or did you have to go through the process of setting up a new phone? (enter email, restore apps, etc) Thanks.

HeNaFi

May 3, 2008
Flushing
So this only changes the software version. I'm on
D85130D, is there anything different in this ROM.??
Another question. If I only want to run the stock without root what do I flash.

Reactions: gnex4us

danam

May 18, 2010
---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
Did it boot up normally, or did you have to go through the process of setting up a new phone? (enter email, restore apps, etc) Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Yes. Dirty flash (just cleared cache and dalvik, but not data or full wipe) preserved all settings. Took a couple of minute to boot and update apps, but everything was preserved. Only dirty flash if you are coming from stock or rooted stock, not from any other rom.

Reactions: FMSL

striker111

Dec 8, 2013
Yes. Dirty flash (just cleared cache and dalvik, but not data or full wipe) preserved all settings. Took a couple of minute to boot and update apps, but everything was preserved. Only dirty flash if you are coming from stock or rooted stock, not from any other rom.
Dirty Flashed using TWRP 3.0 over 30D (Rooted+Stock) by clearing Dalvik and Cache.

* First boot took a while.. roughly 20-25 minutes for Optimizing App (as I have around 250 Apps)
* Took 23% of my battery (flashing to first boot -- Surprised!)
* Ubuntu 16 no longer detecting phone (no charging or MTP) was working fine before update
* Lost Root Access -- SuperSU no longer works.. says SU Binary not installed (was working before)
* Tried KingRoot 4.8.2 for temp root , NO LUCK! (root is :( gone)
* Rebooted - Ubuntu is detecting the phone now
* Bloatware are back

googled .. couldn't find any root method for this update.

Anyone has info.. how to root 30E?

---------- Post added at 06:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 AM ----------

UPDATE
=======

Battery's dropping FAST!!! (from 77% to 66% in few minutes of standby)

UPDATE 2
========
Flashed Boot Repack, and latest SU .. ROOT is back!
Battery Draining FAST!

This one is a working method 30E+ROOT+TWRP.

Thanks

Last edited:

forevergone

Aug 21, 2011
So for clarity, I just want to make sure I'm doing this right if someone can chime in. I currently have a D851 with Lollipop 5.0 CloudyG3 2.5 rom unrooted with TWRP recovery. If i wanted to upgrade to 30E KDZ, i have to do the following:

1. upgrade to 30e kdz firmware using LG Flash Tool
2. use twrp to flash the complete flashable zip

thats all I have to do?

A

aclegg2011

So for clarity, I just want to make sure I'm doing this right if someone can chime in. I currently have a D851 with Lollipop 5.0 CloudyG3 2.5 rom unrooted with TWRP recovery. If i wanted to upgrade to 30E KDZ, i have to do the following:

1. upgrade to 30e kdz firmware using LG Flash Tool
2. use twrp to flash the complete flashable zip

thats all I have to do?
If you flash the KDZ, it'll erase TWRP and you won't be able to get root.