[STOCK] D851 30E KDZ + Flashable ZIPs (ROOTABLE) (MM)

Search This thread

bgon04

May 11, 2015
Charlotte
No. Just flash magisk or supersu(higher than 2.52beta will have problems). The boot-repack as far as I know is a bumped boot.img which I already included in the complete zip.

Sent from my LG-G3

I just tried to update from 30E (originally rooted with SuperSU-v2.79-201612051815). I flashed 30G over 30E from TWRP, then flashed BETA-SuperSU-v2.52.zip, and cleared davlik/cache, but it looks like am getting a bootloop.

tekkaman7

Jun 25, 2013
No. Just flash magisk or supersu(higher than 2.52beta will have problems). The boot-repack as far as I know is a bumped boot.img which I already included in the complete zip.

Sent from my LG-G3

Hi, I did a clean flash:

1. Wipe system, cache, dalvik, data, erase android folder in the internal storage.
2. Install LG-D85130G-Flashable.COMPLETE
3. Phone boots ok, and configure my google account.
4. In twpr install BETA-SuperSU-v2.52.
5. The phone stays in the LG logo blinking in colors.

bgon04

May 11, 2015
Charlotte
This is strange. Can you try to flash the zip without a superuser app and then see if it will bootloop. If it boots successfully, try to flash magisk

Sent from my LG-G3

I agree with tekkaman7. I followed similar steps. I wiped everything except for internal storage. Installed 30G from TWRP, installed BETA-SuperSU-v2.52, the phone boots (it takes like 2-3min the first time), but it says it is not rooted (SUPERSU does not install).

UPDATE:

I think I finally got it. Don't use SUPERSU by itself. Wipe everything except for internal storage, installed 30G from TWRP, install Latest Magisk (13.1 at this point), wipe cache/davlik, restart. It will take 2-3min to boot, but it will boot and will be rooted. Once in, Magisk Manager apk (5.0.4) should already be installed. ENJOY!

Last edited:

danam

May 18, 2010
I started with rooted LG-D85130E, used TWRP Recovery, wiped dalvik and cache, flashed Mesa's file from post 98, wiped dalvik and cache again, flashed latest magisk, wiped dalvik and cache again, and rebooted. Took ten minutes or so to restart and update. Worked perfectly. All settings restored. A couple of icons got moved and had to be moved back around.

Reactions: Chaurigol

jdmst77

Feb 19, 2012
So I guess people should use magisk to make root work otherwise they will get bootloop.

I used supersu as well and thought it was just me. My phone gets stuck in Fastboot mode and will not continue unless I pull the battery, boot into TWRP and do a factory reset. not sure if it's needed but I flash the 30e complete, boot repack, supersu, and TWRP again, just in case. I don't know how many times I tried it after redownloading everything for 30g but same result

I've never used Magisk but found it here: https://labs.xda-developers.com/store/app/com.topjohnwu.magisk, on xda... installed it and downloaded the v13.1 zip through the Magisk app. Is this zip that I should use or another version?

EDIT: took a backup and did it anyway. my test device is on 30G now with root , using Magisk. going to do a not-so-dirty upgrade sometime later. shouldn't be a problem since going from stock to stock

EDIT: I was wrong. Having a nightmare of a time upgrading from either 30D or 30E. So far, I found no issues if I wipe data. Going to try to TiB all user apps, wipe cache, dalvik, data, upgrade, restore user apps w/data and keep my fingers crossed

EDIT: It worked but not with Xposed installed (would always stay on the T-Mobile screen on reboot). Uninstalling Xposed through flashing the uninstall zip fixed this

Last edited:

dooger

Feb 25, 2011
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 8T
This procedure worked for me coming from 30d, rooted and TWRP'd (v3.0.2-0):

1. From TWRP, wipe everything except for internal and external storage
2. Install 30g (LG-D85130G-Flashable.COMPLETE, from post #98),
3. Install latest Magisk (magisk-v13.3.zip, in my case),
4. Wipe cache/dalvik, reboot
5. Once booted, Magisk Manager apk (5.1.1) was already installed

Thanks MESA! :good:

Reactions: marcdw

bmw37

May 9, 2011
ZIP file missing

Where did the "LG-D85130E-Flashable.COMPLETE.zip - all stock with recovery removed (to preserve twrp)" file go? Link gives a 404 error.

Thanks

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
All of the dev's ROMs, files, and tools are gone from AFH from what I can see.
Sorry guys.

ZTE Axon 7 A2017U, Dark ROM, Tapatalk 4.9.3

Android#

Apr 18, 2016
New users beware the link posted by idon madridien is possibly a phishing/malware link. Why do people use shortlinks to confuse people when you can host these files on many legit websites out there that you can link here without issues?

Jun 20, 2016
New users beware the link posted by idon madridien is possibly a phishing/malware link. Why do people use shortlinks to confuse people when you can host these files on many legit websites out there that you can link here without issues?

no phishing no malware dear friend ok ? :good: try it and talk ... i put this link to help not to do bad things ... :rolleyes:

Android#

Apr 18, 2016
no phishing no malware dear friend ok ? :good: try it and talk ... i put this link to help not to do bad things ... :rolleyes:

Screenshot_2017-08-30-19-26-53.png

Chaurigol

Jun 11, 2012
Concepción
I started with rooted LG-D85130E, used TWRP Recovery, wiped dalvik and cache, flashed Mesa's file from post 98, wiped dalvik and cache again, flashed latest magisk, wiped dalvik and cache again, and rebooted. Took ten minutes or so to restart and update. Worked perfectly. All settings restored. A couple of icons got moved and had to be moved back around.

Followed these steps from a rooted LG-D85130D and worked perfectly. Just came to say thanks, to MESA for posting the file, to you and to everyone who share their experiences.

Last edited:

Braaainz

Jan 19, 2013
LG V60 ThinQ
Okay, so what is the state of things?
I am rooted on MM, running 30D.
I'd like to update to most recent rooted version of stock (having bloatware pre-stripped would be a huge bonus).
What files are currently the ones to use? I've read thru the entire thread and my poor addled brain is confused.

Also, does anyone have a download link to most recent stock kernel? I'm hoping to have someone strip the "root check" deamon out and eliminate the unnecessary CPU and battery waste.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello. New firmware v30G is out. I made a complete zip like the one in OP.
    boot.img is bumped and everything is from the new .kdz. Here is the link - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=961840155545579802

Users reported that everything works fine. For root - flash MagiskSU or SuperSU 2.52beta(newer will cause bootloop or no root).
    Used TWRP to dirty flash Complete, Boot Repack, and latest SU from the link in post 1 of the 30d thread, in that order, on a phone with 30d rooted, and everything seems to be working correctly. Still rooted, showing 30e in software version.
    Thanks for your work but after your LG-D85130G-Flashable.COMPLETE.zip, is LG-D85130E-Boot-REPACK still required (like in the OP) before flashing MagiskSU or SuperSU?

Sent from my LG-G3
    So you were able to upgrade from 30d to 30e and then rooted?

We're gonna find out in a moment. Optimizing 214 of 245....

EDIT: Confirmed success @christoophat. I followed the instructions here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=69116733&postcount=11, then wiped Dalvik at the end. Rebooted, it updated, and I have D85130E software version.

Verified Root is still working. And that damned OTA notification is now gone.
    hooboy...fun times! :)
    Here's hoping mine goes a bit smoother..lol...will find out tonight.

If you see near the beginning of my adventure, the initial screw-up was all mine. I didn't know that Cyanogen didn't use SU. I bought the phone from Swappa with CM already installed. Didn't see SU so I installed it. Trashed the phone. I sent it to a guy on Ebay who JTAG'd it for about 30 bucks, I think. When I got it back, it was fine. I finally got it rooted, then the battery started acting wonky. It was still under warranty so LG repaired it and I rooted it again.

All in all an interesting experience. Got to learn a lot. But overall, I'm glad I have a decent, working, rooted phone.