• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Stock DeodeXed Debloated PK1 [12-11-16] (HOTSPOT MOD AND ROOT PACKAGE ADDED)

Search This thread

carlosggb

Oct 18, 2012
Santiago
Good Evening, as promised

Stock DeodeXed Debloated PK1 - HERE

Odin Flash PK1 firmware first - HERE

Hotspot Mod - HERE / Thanks @freeza , @SaintZ93

Root Package - HERE

RootSwitch Apk - Use this to temporally disable root to log in Snapchat and other pesky apps. Credits @shakalaca from Asus Forums

XDA:DevDB Information
Stock DeodeXed Debloated PK1, ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Contributors
carlosggb
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: PK1

Version Information

Created 2016-12-11
Last Updated 2016-12-11

Last edited:

dademon02

Apr 3, 2008
anyone know what roms can successfully be flashed with this as the base? Looking for a smooth port.. Current N7 rom is having a lot of random restarts and camera problems

aaron74

Nov 26, 2014
Somewhere, Ohio
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8T
anyone know what roms can successfully be flashed with this as the base? Looking for a smooth port.. Current N7 rom is having a lot of random restarts and camera problems

I'm not for sure but most likely CM14 would work.
And I know ,when it comes out, @tx_dbs_tx N7 port is based on pj1. Which is only 1 firmware away, so it might work.

But this file isn't gonna flash the firmware part that would be the base. You have to use the Odin file to flash the boot loader and modem.

This file is for after you update to pk1. If you want to stay stock but without all the bloat. And deodexed for easier modding.

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

@carlosggb what's your thoughts on this update as far as basic smoothness, battery life, network and such? Better, worse, about same? Or is it mainly security updates?
Thanks.

Last edited:

carlosggb

Oct 18, 2012
Santiago
@aaron74 , i feel battery life was great the first day, which is not easy to get on a first cycle, performance is good but havent had enough time to push it as im working with @13druber on Dtux Rom v7 so my phone is in test mode.

But it feels solid and is the safest yet too, so if security is a concern, this is the way to go, PK1

carlosggb

Oct 18, 2012
Santiago
@aaron74 , i feel battery life was great the first day, which is not easy to get on a first cycle, performance is good but havent had enough time to push it as im working with @13druber on Dtux Rom v7 so my phone is in test mode.

But it feels solid and is the safest yet too, so if security is a concern, this is the way to go, PK1

aaron74

Nov 26, 2014
Somewhere, Ohio
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8T

Thanks, I'm getting ready to Odin it now.

Plus awesome to hear about Dtux v7. Besides testing cm14 and N7 ports, It's the only N4 software Rom I use. It's the most customisable Rom that's still N4ish. If that makes any sense to ya.
Looking forward to it. :D

Reactions: 13druber

revaaron

Aug 16, 2007
I'm not for sure but most likely CM14 would work.
And I know ,when it comes out, @tx_dbs_tx N7 port is based on pj1. Which is only 1 firmware away, so it might work.

But this file isn't gonna flash the firmware part that would be the base. You have to use the Odin file to flash the boot loader and modem.

This file is for after you update to pk1. If you want to stay stock but without all the bloat. And deodexed for easier modding.

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

@carlosggb what's your thoughts on this update as far as basic smoothness, battery life, network and such? Better, worse, about same? Or is it mainly security updates?
Thanks.

I've been waiting for that port with baited breath.

bugaboo90

Dec 25, 2010
I'm surprised more people aren't commenting on this rom. Are people moving to some other rom or staying with an old debloated rom? I am thinking about moving to this to get the added security stuff.

Thank you for your hard work on this and the other rom(s).

bugaboo90

Dec 25, 2010
Ya, I am following that thread and have tried the earlier version of the rom. I'm a novice simple user and that rom seems complicated to me so I've stayed away from it. It looks really cool and I want to make the move but I get cold feet. Stupid, I know.
Again, thank you for this debloated room.

carlosggb

Oct 18, 2012
Santiago
Ya, I am following that thread and have tried the earlier version of the rom. I'm a novice simple user and that rom seems complicated to me so I've stayed away from it. It looks really cool and I want to make the move but I get cold feet. Stupid, I know.

This Latest version is the easiest yet made by me to install, after you have a functional Stock debloated Pk1, just download the modset and follow the flow ;)

13druber

Dec 7, 2013
Louisville
Go to dtux, if you have any problems we will be glad to help!

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using XDA-Developers mobile app

carlosggb

Oct 18, 2012
Santiago
I just made the move. I'm not sure if I selected things correctly, but I'm on dtux.

Can I rerun modset whenever to make changes or do I need to redo the whole rom?

You can rerun the modset all the times you want, just take these two things in consideration:

1-If you change kernel you must leave ticked Supersu and Busybox on the last page, otherwise untick them.

2-On the first page after clicking on installation, Make sure you pick"Apps and Extra Mods" instead of "Install ModSet" when you are adding new apps, xposed modules or just changing other settings.

ENJOY DTUX ROM!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good Evening, as promised

Stock DeodeXed Debloated PK1 - HERE

Odin Flash PK1 firmware first - HERE

Hotspot Mod - HERE / Thanks @freeza , @SaintZ93

Root Package - HERE

RootSwitch Apk - Use this to temporally disable root to log in Snapchat and other pesky apps. Credits @shakalaca from Asus Forums

XDA:DevDB Information
    Stock DeodeXed Debloated PK1, ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Contributors
    carlosggb
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: PK1

Version Information

Created 2016-12-11
    Last Updated 2016-12-11
    Added Hotspot Mod and Root+Busybox for Stock Rooted Fans!

I just made the move. I'm not sure if I selected things correctly, but I'm on dtux.

Can I rerun modset whenever to make changes or do I need to redo the whole rom?

You can rerun the modset all the times you want, just take these two things in consideration:

1-If you change kernel you must leave ticked Supersu and Busybox on the last page, otherwise untick them.

2-On the first page after clicking on installation, Make sure you pick"Apps and Extra Mods" instead of "Install ModSet" when you are adding new apps, xposed modules or just changing other settings.

ENJOY DTUX ROM!

This Latest version is the easiest yet made by me to install, after you have a functional Stock debloated Pk1, just download the modset and follow the flow ;)