[STOCK][DUMPS][FIRMWARE] Essential stock firmware and rom dumps

Search This thread

ktmom

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 22, 2015
Deep Space Station K7
If I remove this line fastboot -w in the .bat file, will it work fine and not wipe my phone or cause any issue? But just technically update my phone. I don't keep up to date with Essential as it's my backup phone but will like to get it up to date now as I'm using it soon for a trip.
There's never a guarantee that a problem won't develop. As repeated over and once, removing the -w prevents the script from wiping the device. It works fine for me and others. Just make sure to use a good USB A to USB C cable.

Thanks for the correction.

Tbh no idea why I said ramdisk. Running on somewhat lack of sleep atm.

Having just read Google's documentation on this, boot.img does indeed contain a ramdisk. The recovery partition is a ramdisk, plus the kernel. There are typically two bootloaders that initiate prior to boot.img, primary and secondary. Their partitions under /dev are usually 'pbl' and 'sbl'. Primary passes to secondary and secondary passes to boot.img <=- This would be the point (@ secondary bootloader) at which verity is confirmed. Starting with Android 10 recovery itself handles the initial boot process. Also in 10, fastboot is partly broken out of the bootloader and brought into the boot.img/recovery.

See
source.android.com/devices/bootloader/fastbootd#unified_fastboot_and_recovery

Reactions: ktmom

rignfool

Dec 8, 2010
The Poconos
Having just read Google's documentation on this, boot.img does indeed contain a ramdisk. The recovery partition is a ramdisk, plus the kernel. There are typically two bootloaders that initiate prior to boot.img, primary and secondary. Their partitions under /dev are usually 'pbl' and 'sbl'. Primary passes to secondary and secondary passes to boot.img <=- This would be the point (@ secondary bootloader) at which verity is confirmed. Starting with Android 10 recovery itself handles the initial boot process. Also in 10, fastboot is partly broken out of the bootloader and brought into the boot.img/recovery.

See
source.android.com/devices/bootloader/fastbootd#unified_fastboot_and_recovery
Ok...

Except the fact that Cam was referring about boot instructions... Or.. initramfs I think... Which is a "traditional" ramdisk

Ok...

Except the fact that Cam was referring about boot instructions... Or.. initramfs I think... Which is a "traditional" ramdisk

Hmm.... I guess I don't understand the difference. Boot.img has a kernel and what AOSP calls "recovery", right? And Recovery is, actually the INITial RamDisk, like a standard initrd, right? ...Or am I missing something?

:confused:

onema

Feb 8, 2014
Hello all is the latest Nov update going to be available for bts? I have a Sprint and the one on the essential site doesn't flash well for me

Reactions: itsita

sga999

Mar 13, 2012
I have gotten the dreaded red verity warning. But I cannot find the file with the fix. I believe I'm supposed to go to http://gg.gg/ai7m1. But that just returns a weird error message. Does someone have this file?

I got this Essential phone from eBay a couple of weeks ago, and I'm wondering if it has more problems than this. This red warning did not occur until today when I was flashing Android 10. I have been flashing stock pie and Q for the last couple of weeks. But for most of that time, fastboot seems to randomly fail when writing various partitions. I'm thinking it is possibly a problem with one of the slots, but I haven't really proved that. The cable that I am using is a good one, not the one that came with the phone. After some of those write failures today, the red warning started to appear.

I hope someone can give me that file to fix the red warning, but I don't think that's going to help me with these other issues.

I had successfully unlocked the bootloader right after I got this. But unfortunately, I did not do the critical unlock. Just a failure on my part to read well enough. But it sounds like that should not be an issue for me right now because I have never tried going backwards from a custom rom to the stock rom.

ktmom

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 22, 2015
Deep Space Station K7
I have gotten the dreaded red verity warning. But I cannot find the file with the fix. I believe I'm supposed to go to http://gg.gg/ai7m1. But that just returns a weird error message. Does someone have this file?

I got this Essential phone from eBay a couple of weeks ago, and I'm wondering if it has more problems than this. This red warning did not occur until today when I was flashing Android 10. I have been flashing stock pie and Q for the last couple of weeks. But for most of that time, fastboot seems to randomly fail when writing various partitions. I'm thinking it is possibly a problem with one of the slots, but I haven't really proved that. The cable that I am using is a good one, not the one that came with the phone. After some of those write failures today, the red warning started to appear.

I hope someone can give me that file to fix the red warning, but I don't think that's going to help me with these other issues.

I had successfully unlocked the bootloader right after I got this. But unfortunately, I did not do the critical unlock. Just a failure on my part to read well enough. But it sounds like that should not be an issue for me right now because I have never tried going backwards from a custom rom to the stock rom.

Look at the post here.

Last edited:
Reactions: sga999

sga999

Mar 13, 2012
Thanks for looking for the file. I did see the link to the patch, but I wasn't sure what I would do with that. However, when reading it, it seemed to imply that we needed to do the same thing that is mentioned in post 1386 of this thread. That post mentions issuing command:
adb reboot "dm-verity enforcing"

I tried that, and it worked perfectly. However, I'm not sure if this just gets rid of the red warning, but does not fix the actual problem. Maybe the solution you put there about the universal disabler would actually fix it?

EDIT: I was replying while you were posting your new message. I will try to find that file later, but I do think that the command probably did the same thing that the missing boot.img did. Do you agree?

Last edited:

raoulbhatia

Sep 28, 2014
What bootloader/vendor do you guys use for pie based custom ROMs like AICP/RR? I remember why I quit using this device: Endless lower level firmware issues that makes hardware like the audio, earpiece, touchscreen, or the radio completely give out depending on certain kernels/bootloaders/ROMs. I can never get the perfect combination that actually allows this thing to be usable as a daily driver...

I'd be interested as well - i.e. are people using https://sourceforge.net/projects/mata-bts/files/Pie/August/ ?

EDIT: I flashed the August NOVENDOR package and things Seen to work well. LTE/WLAN/Calls are working.

Thanks,
Raoul

Last edited:

rocketrazr1999

I'd be interested as well - i.e. are people using https://sourceforge.net/projects/mata-bts/files/Pie/August/ ?

Thanks,
Raoul

WOW!!!! Now I understand what my problems are due to!!!! I have problems with EVERYTHING on my Essential!!! From the A/B being a mess, ( continually stops booting and defaults to the bootloader after Magisk module flashing, etc) to apps not working right (Titanium Backup only backs up data), and BusyBox not installing (Viper won't work without it), and a plethora of other examples of hardware and software issues, notably the terrible audio crackle and touchscreen responsiveness. Oh, anyone know why the screen is cut off on the right side? This phone is so rough around the edges (and insides) that it's nearly impossible to like. Such a contrast to my beloved N5, which I finally sold both of (Almost 7 year old phones that can still handle ported Android updates and run BETTER than this Essential!!!

Mike

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am not responsible if you break your phone in any way, these are here for your aid. I will help as much as i can, but it is on YOU, the user to read the OP and understand exactly what it is you are doing at ALL times.

READ THIS: http://mata.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ LEARN FROM IT, DONT EVEN CONTINUE UNLESS YOU HAVE READ THIS

These can be used to return to 100% stock as long as you can get into fastboot mode on the device, and have unlocked the bootloader and critical partitions. All images contained in the zips are directly from the essential Fastboot zips and OTA's, and dumps for the rest

Prerequisites:
    Working fastboot environment in bootloader: (test using the command fastboot devices should return your s/n) Windows drivers are at the bottom of the OP.
    Essentials windows drivers contain working ADB/Fastboot and places an environment variable to link to these binaries, i would HIGHLY recommend ditching any and all adb/fastboots you may have (minimal, HTC, etc) and use what is supplied by essential, they just work (Not gonna help you either if your hellbent on using your adb/fastboot).
    The zips contain all the firmware (19 Images), TWRP11.img (the latest version), and a stockboot.img (so you can conveniently place on your phone and flash in twrp) when rooting with magisk, and boot.fix.red.img (In case you kill verity).

2. Bootloader unlocked: run the command fastboot flashing unlock in bootloader (THIS WIPES USER DATA, BACKUP BEFOREHAND), conversely fastboot flashing lock will relock the bootloader. I dont recommend this, as there are lots of bricks from messing up a flash and locking yourself out afterward.

3. Critical partition unlocked: run the command fastboot flashing unlock_critical in bootloader (THIS WIPES USER DATA, BACKUP BEFOREHAND), conversely fastboot flashing lock_critical will relock the critical partition flashability. I dont recommend this, as there are lots of bricks from messing up a flash and locking yourself out afterward.

4. Common Sense: Use IT!!!!!

Downloads
    Android 10 BTS Folder: https://sourceforge.net/projects/mata-bts/files/10
    Q Beta BTS Folder: https://sourceforge.net/projects/mata-bts/files/Q-Beta/
    Pie BTS & Novendor Folder: https://sourceforge.net/projects/mata-bts/files/Pie
    P Beta BTS: https://sourceforge.net/projects/mata-bts/files/P-Beta/
    Oreo BTS & NOVENDOR: https://sourceforge.net/projects/mata-bts/files/Oreo/

The Files below are OLD as dirt BTS

OPM1.180104.010 mega.nz (oreo 8.1 beta1)
    OPM1.170911.254 mega.nz (oreo 8.0 beta3)
    OPM1.170911.213 mega.nz (oreo 8.0 beta2)
    OPM1.170911.130 mega.nz (oreo 8.0 beta)

NMK32F AFH (latest nougat 7.1)
    NMJ88C mega.nz (nougat 7.1)
    NMJ51B AFH (nougat 7.1)
    NMJ32F AFH (nougat 7.1)
    NMJ20D mega.nz (nougat 7.1)
    NMI81C AFH (nougat 7.1)

Drive Folder of Patched Essential Boot images Credit Goes to @dazeone

Some OLD AS DIRT Novendor zips aswell... if anyone still cares

OPM1.180104.010 mega.nz (oreo 8.1 beta1)
    OPM1.170911.254 mega.nz (oreo 8.0 beta3)
    OPM1.170911.213 mega.nz (oreo 8.0 beta2)

Windows Drivers
    drivers

Unzip this and check out the flash-all.[bat,sh] scripts for win/lin (they're identical but provided for easier flashability).
    They're set up to flash to both slots. Most people will want to do this on a back to stock mission, but they can be adjusted if your goal is something else.

If coming from some other rom, you're also going to want to wipe your data, or you're not going to boot. This can be accomplished by the command in the bootloader: fastboot -w keep in mind there are multiple scripts to wipe for you in the zips.

These can also be used to make custom roms/rooted boot images/etc too, so have fun with it!

@invisiblek - aer0zer0 stole his thread, he put most of it together
    @aer0zer0 - i stole the thread from aer0, his 2yr old son makes more use of the PH-1 than he does.
    @bmg1001 - Root thread, found here root
    @dazeone - Provides independent patched boot images and has an awesome YouTube Channel of Guides! DazeOne Youtube Channel

Enjoy :)
    this thread is mine!!!!!!!!! all mine now. Ill update the OP soon.
    OP updated with December BTS and NOVENDOR. Also, over int he root thread, i have provided my patched stock boot.img as well. They are all over the place nowadays..lol

dec_patched_stock_twrp_ianmacd1203_magisk

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410963190603865614
    OP Updated with January BTS and Novendor.

Storytime: I purchased a OP6T early December, and I hadn't planned on selling my PH1 (the working one). Got 350 for it on Craigslist. Because I still wanna be productive on this device, I started trying to follow through on my original claim I started in October for my brick (To this day, I still don't know what happened). And since they aren't selling the device anymore, 199.00 brick replacement is gone. I got frustrated with the level of incompetence "chief hooligan" and friends have displayed lately (You can't seriously tell me that they don't have the qcom Sahara tool for their own device....)

All I want is for them to just flash my phone again. I'm a little disappointed in how they have absolutely run this company into the ground. I'm not a Andy Rubin Homer, I had no idea who he was until people were like, "omfg the father of Android is making a phone, der der derr".

A minimalist phone, with great design and timely updates, I couldn't ask for more. They instead, teased and promoted various peripherals, that never panned out (dock, 360 camera, let's face it, DAQ, they wasted the window of excitement there). For the first flagship device, it was great, the PH2 could be/could have been amazing. Now I'm not so sure.

Let us hope, for essentials sake, if/when the ph2 pipedream is ever realized, they have a good idea of what their fanbase/niche wants in a device.

fin, aer0zer0

p.s. I'll do what I can with BTS and NoVendors, there are some amazing devs that own this device, but it's hard without one of my own, can't test anything I make.
    DP#2 Is up