Question Stock F3 Global (No system modifications) stuck in a bootloop

Search This thread

sos_sifou

Mar 30, 2009
Algiers
www.sifou.jimdo.com
Dear community,

An old XDA member here, who forgot everything about flashing or fixing a broken phone system.

My Poco F3 just went into an infinite bootloop, and I have no idea why is that since I didn't perform any custom modifications to the system, absolutely none!

I can access the recovery menu, which was useless as Safe Mode or any other mode didn't help, the phone can't boot.

Connecting with MIAssistant doesn't work as well, I can see the phone is connected in hidden USB devices on the PC as an Android ADB interface, but the MI software can't see it.

I can also access FASTBOOT, but I have no idea what to do with it. MIAssistant detected it but it asked to connect in normal mode?

A strange artifact is showing on the bootscreen every time, some random colors on the logo, something corrupted? I have no idea...

Is there anything I can do without wiping the phone? It's my daily driver and I need the data saved on it.

I will be monitoring this thread for the next few hours, please don't hesitate to suggest potential fixes or ask questions.

Thanks in advance.

photo_2022-11-30_19-11-51.jpg

Reactions: duttyend

heybaybee

Oct 9, 2022
Is the bootloader locked? Has the phone suffered any physical damage?

The logo looks as if either the screen, its connector or the motherboard were broken. I hope to be wrong.

Maybe try the steps from here except I wouldn't wipe data nor do a factory reset (yet). I hope someone more knowledgeable and experienced than me can advice something better.

Last edited:

sos_sifou

Mar 30, 2009
Algiers
www.sifou.jimdo.com

The logo looks as if either the screen, its connector or the motherboard were broken. I hope to be wrong.

Maybe try the steps from here except I wouldn't wipe data nor do a factory reset (yet). I hope someone more knowledgeable and experienced than me can advice something better.
Thank you for the effort,

No, the phone didn't suffer any physical damage, I also have no idea about the bootloader as I haven't flashed or try to flash anything on it.

I managed to copy some of my important data when it decided to boot up, then it went into bootloop again.

I wiped it, as I had no other way to confirm that the phone is broken at the hardware level. After the wipe and reinstallation, it went into bootloop again.

I will have to throw it somewhere and buy a Samsung.

johnr64

Mar 27, 2021

No, the phone didn't suffer any physical damage, I also have no idea about the bootloader as I haven't flashed or try to flash anything on it.

I managed to copy some of my important data when it decided to boot up, then it went into bootloop again.

I wiped it, as I had no other way to confirm that the phone is broken at the hardware level. After the wipe and reinstallation, it went into bootloop again.

Hi,
Samsung's are Yuk, expanding batteries and the dreaded KNOX,

my F3 was brought from the UK and came with 2 Years Warranty,

As mentioned above, have you unlocked your bootloader, if not why not, if your not fussed about your F3 then you have nothing to loose, you could try installing a new rom, i use EVO-X and its amazing,

I love the F3

sos_sifou

Mar 30, 2009
Algiers
www.sifou.jimdo.com
Hi,
Samsung's are Yuk, expanding batteries and the dreaded KNOX,

my F3 was brought from the UK and came with 2 Years Warranty,

As mentioned above, have you unlocked your bootloader, if not why not, if your not fussed about your F3 then you have nothing to loose, you could try installing a new rom, i use EVO-X and its amazing,

I love the F3
You're right, I was a bit angry, all phones can break, including iPhones and Samsungs.

Claiming warranty is a bit tricky for me, as I purchased the phone during my short stay in the UAE, and I won't be going back until next year.

Now I think there is a part of the system files that has been corrupted, because when the phone reboots, it will go into bootloop, but if it boots after some 30 to 40 minutes of bootlooping, it will stay running for a certain period of time.

If system files are corrupted, I don't think a wipe can fix it, as it deletes user data and apps, but I don't think it fixes system files used to boot the device.

Do you have a link to a step-by-step tutorial to unlock the bootloader and flash a stock ROM. I don't really need any special features from custom ROMs, other than the phone to work for the next 3 to 4 months without problems.

ferreol-fr

Hi,
You can try fastboot update.
First download and decompresse the latest fastboot ROM for your device you can find here.
Then download latest android platform tools copy all it's content into the ROM folder.
Finaly run flash_all_except_storage.bat (this will preserve your data), if no sucses you can try flash_all.bat, but this will erase all your personal data.

sos_sifou

Mar 30, 2009
Algiers
www.sifou.jimdo.com
Dear all,

After more testing, it seems the phone doesn't have corrupted boot files, but it just can't run when the CPU is under load.

I have made several tests, when the phone is relaxed, battery saver option is ON, it doesn't reboot, but once battery saver is OFF, and I push the CPU a little using a benchmarking software or a CPU stress test, it reboots.

Thus, the problem is with the hardware, I wonder how many people are suffering from such an issue or is it isolated and only a handful devices are affected by this?

heybaybee

Oct 9, 2022
The broken boot logo makes it look like a hardware problem as well. Did you buy it new? Did you game on it or keep it at or above 40-50 degrees C for prolonged periods of time?

I've had Poco X3 Pro that would freeze when using navigation in the summer once in a while. Happened few other times as well.

Trying to flash the (newest) stock ROM may be worth trying. Maybe selling it for parts is an option.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    You can try fastboot update.
    First download and decompresse the latest fastboot ROM for your device you can find here.
    Then download latest android platform tools copy all it's content into the ROM folder.
    Finaly run flash_all_except_storage.bat (this will preserve your data), if no sucses you can try flash_all.bat, but this will erase all your personal data.
    Dear community,

An old XDA member here, who forgot everything about flashing or fixing a broken phone system.

My Poco F3 just went into an infinite bootloop, and I have no idea why is that since I didn't perform any custom modifications to the system, absolutely none!

I can access the recovery menu, which was useless as Safe Mode or any other mode didn't help, the phone can't boot.

Connecting with MIAssistant doesn't work as well, I can see the phone is connected in hidden USB devices on the PC as an Android ADB interface, but the MI software can't see it.

I can also access FASTBOOT, but I have no idea what to do with it. MIAssistant detected it but it asked to connect in normal mode?

A strange artifact is showing on the bootscreen every time, some random colors on the logo, something corrupted? I have no idea...

Is there anything I can do without wiping the phone? It's my daily driver and I need the data saved on it.

I will be monitoring this thread for the next few hours, please don't hesitate to suggest potential fixes or ask questions.

Thanks in advance.

photo_2022-11-30_19-11-51.jpg
    Update:

The phone finally made it into Safe Mode, I am backing up my data, can't reboot it yet until the 125GB are on the PC.