Question Stock Firmware for Nord N20 5g? Bricked Phone

Search This thread

iKlover

Mar 25, 2022
South of nowhere
You flashed it first without testing it out via fastboot boot and not fastboot flash? I'm so sorry it caused you that much trouble. In my experience, you should always fastboot boot first to test it out, as that is not permanent. I'm terribly sorry.

PsYk0n4uT

Actually wasn't even aware booting the image without flashing was even possible. Guess I still have a lot to learn. According to another member in the n10 threads.
Thanks for the tip though, Im sure that will be infinitely valuable in the future.
How would I go about trying to get twrp built for this? I know it's probably not simple. Can a device tree be made with the above posted backup for this purpose?

PsYk0n4uT

So when attempting to open in settings, STATUS, access IMEI etc..., It says this. I'm wondering if it's some sort of conflict from being still Sim locked? I ran the command via adb that has worked on other nord devices to OEM unlock with locked sim and then it rebooted, got the OnePlus loading animation instead of TMobile.
Also this message pops up over and over forcing me to reboot th phone, have tried clearing the data manually but it's obviously something outside of that. I'm wondering what would be different about your boot.ing than mine. Are you on the most recent update? Because I was not I don't think

Attachments

• IMG20220729140940.jpg
    IMG20220729140940.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:

PsYk0n4uT

So looking at this from the N10, it seems that patching the boot.img with magisk is known to break radios:

Could you please post the unpatched boot.img? Want to try the unpatched boot.img and hope that fixes it. Not sure if it will. But hoping that it will.

PsYk0n4uT

Ok I got it fixed. Was given an unpatched boot.img and flashed that. Could not use fastboot boot boot.img but I took the risk and flashed it and all radios are back online. IMEI and everything is detected correctly

Lessons learned: be patient, don't mess with things unless you fully understand what your doing especially when someone who knows what their doing hasn't tested it out first,, boot images instead of flashing to test them out first(didn't even know you could do that but glad I know now). Sometimes it's worth a risk but def have to weigh the pros and cons. Flashing untested images is risky.

Yeah it sucks lol I actually contacted support services seeing if I could get a copy of the stock ROM. Sadly, they just said it was unavailable for this device (they didn't give a reason) and that I would need to send in my device to get re flashed.

Do you think it would be possible for someone with a stock phone to dump theirs?
I have att if u send me instructions I'll dump mine for u

boomerxyz

Nov 28, 2008
Dumb questions, but I cannot get the N20 into download/fastboot mode. I booted to recovery, but no advanced options to enter fastboot mode. I tried power off, then power button + volume up, then power button + volume up & down together. I tried plugged in and unplugged. Any suggestions?? I've been rooting phones since smart phones have existed, but one confounds me.

Dumb questions, but I cannot get the N20 into download/fastboot mode. I booted to recovery, but no advanced options to enter fastboot mode. I tried power off, then power button + volume up, then power button + volume up & down together. I tried plugged in and unplugged. Any suggestions?? I've been rooting phones since smart phones have existed, but one confounds me.
you've tried adb reboot bootloader?

Reactions: bebop831

PattasuBalu

Dec 4, 2020
Try going to Fastboot by using adb

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    okay i really need some help.
    it seems im having the same issue as some of you, i got the bootloader unlocked, and tried going through the process of rooting it. and then lost all radios. now im having the problem of not having the os to re install. i have the NordN205g rar file that people have been posting (the 12.1Gb one) but how do i actually put it onto my phone? no where can i find the steps to do so. some websites give me a whole command list i have to type in on the CMD prompt, but with that it wants a recovery.img which i dont have anywhere, as well as a few other things. and within that whole 12GB rar file, i cant find steps or any process as to putting it onto my phone. im going on day 4 of trying and ive never had my phone out of commision this long. if anything can someone make a video for youtube lol
    easiest way is just use the super, and the radios i posted in other threads. wont be the newest security patch but atleast you will have a working rooted system. disable dm verity and verification since you will probably have mismatching system images
    here is a july super. its not completely stock as system partitions have been set to RW but this along with the july modems and vbmeta disabling dm verity and verification should get you booting again
    if it doesnt work after flashing all that then join the telegram group and ask for a july vbmeta and use that to disable verity and verification
    Downloading it now also talking to a guy on telegram who claims to be DEV-ing the TWRP for the N20 let u know how i tuns out
    Yeah it sucks lol I actually contacted support services seeing if I could get a copy of the stock ROM. Sadly, they just said it was unavailable for this device (they didn't give a reason) and that I would need to send in my device to get re flashed.

Do you think it would be possible for someone with a stock phone to dump theirs?
    Man I legit did the same thing like 5 days ago I have done everything possible to restore it but cant do it. I have a dump of the phone, but i dont know how to make a flashable zip with it. i also have the ofp of the global or tmobile model {not due to a week of scouring} but cant seem to get msmtool to work without an account. also in flashing the wrong file i lost my efs folder so no internet connection what so ever. Here you are goodluck and please let me know if you get it going.
    Hey everyone!

So I made a rookie mistake and bricked my Nord N20 5g. I tried flashing what i though was the correct boot.img but turns out it wasn't and now the phone will not leave fastboot mode. I tried looking online to find the stock rom but I wasn't able to find it. Does anyone have any info on this or a way to recover this phone model? Thanks!
    Hey man . I'm glad you started this thread because I only just yesterday received my unlock token from OnePlus. I've been searching throughout the night for the stock firmware (and low and behold, of course I've got the one ****ing OnePlus model in the universe not listed on their official website.. let me know if you make any headway or have any developments and I'll do the same
    Man I legit did the same thing like 5 days ago I have done everything possible to restore it but cant do it. I have a dump of the phone, but i dont know how to make a flashable zip with it. i also have the ofp of the global or tmobile model {not due to a week of scouring} but cant seem to get msmtool to work without an account. also in flashing the wrong file i lost my efs folder so no internet connection what so ever. Here you are goodluck and please let me know if you get it going.

Yeah, sadly I don’t think there’s a well documented path forward. However you mentioned that you had dumped the stock phone? Would you be willing to share that and I can take a look and see if I can keep make a flashable zip