[Stock][FTF] Xperia M4 Aqua & Xperia M4 Aqua dual (Marshmallow only)

Search This thread

marvin_55

May 29, 2018
If you read back through this thread you will find most of the answers for your questions , but to save you some time an ftf file is the whole(complete) firmware package for your phone as for the generic swiss label it only means that a. its generic and b. its from the swiss region of the globe i.e if your phone has been opened to work on any network then you can flash a generic firmware regardless of the area its for however if your phone is locked to a certain network then you must use the firmware that is for your phone ,for your country and for your network if it is not then you will softbrick your phone.

Goodluck

Firstly, thanks for the answer.

I have already installed Xperia M4 Aqua (E2303) 26.3.A.1.33 Switzerland Generic to my phone. It works.

To the thread starter, thanks for the firmwares.

[email protected]

Aug 23, 2018
(Probably) Dumb question

Yes you can flash with flashtool.

Hi, this is my first time using Flashtool, so I have a question: when flashing the FTF file, should I check something in the "Exclude" section? I want to be sure that everything will work properly after flash. (I don't want to erase something like IMEI or any useful thing ;)) Thanks for the answer.

Hi7m3up

Jan 31, 2018
Hi, this is my first time using Flashtool, so I have a question: when flashing the FTF file, should I check something in the "Exclude" section? I want to be sure that everything will work properly after flash. (I don't want to erase something like IMEI or any useful thing ;)) Thanks for the answer.
It depends on what you want to achieve whether a clean install or to keep some of your apps ect.
Tbh your search engine is your friend and everything you need to know is a click away.Check and double check before you do anything is the best advice I can offer.
You can back up your IMEI if you want I've never found the need to.

Sent from my Swift 2 using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts