• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [STOCK][FULL-ROM] OxygenOS_11.3_A.16 EU DN2103 | Unbrick guide

Search This thread

Raygen

Feb 21, 2014
Mantova
HI, again
I have had prbs with A.12 update - apps force close, sometimes OS doesn't accept my screen lock psw (numbers), sometimes stuck on boot, but I have been able to recover with force reboot. But now I am stuck on boot. Stuck where we have red dot and 2 white dots, it boots few times itself after waiting long time and then it boots to recovery (twrp).
Does your A.12 wipe/destroy user data? If it does perhaps I do factory reset and start from scrats. Or does anyone have idea how I can recover?
I tried to flash ota.zip (I have it stored) First I flashed A.11 boot.ini and then I tried to flash ota.zip but it end up with error 1. And before that there was message that system has been opened as R/W xx times. Last 29.11, unable to use metadata to correct errors. system partition fails to recover. (flashing done with TWRP).
Thank you
This rom does not overwrite userdata. But I highly suggest to do a backup first anyway.

The most straight forward fix you could try before re-flashing the whole rom though, is to flash back the stock recovery and do a full factory reset (format data) from there.

I didn't understood means u have used iso file and flashed it in Penddrive then how to use it on windows (I think it's for Ubuntu OS)
Also seffc image is from A12 I am. Using A13 can i use thats
the livedvd, you used it how?
It's a live USB, a whole OS running from a pendrive (or in a virtual machine if you prefer). You do not use it in windows.
This firmware is for A.12 EU only, I'm not able to confirm any compatibility with A.13.

pankspoo

Jun 27, 2013
in front of ENCHILADA
This rom does not overwrite userdata. But I highly suggest to do a backup first anyway.

The most straight forward fix you could try before re-flashing the whole rom though, is to flash back the stock recovery and do a full factory reset (format data) from there.

It's a live USB, a whole OS running from a pendrive (or in a virtual machine if you prefer). You do not use it in windows.
This firmware is for A.12 EU only, I'm not able to confirm any compatibility with A.13.
So we have its which OS actually? And we have to boot that USB via bios and then run the commands directly in cmd do. From. Which folder we need to. Run. Commnads

Elaba

Jun 27, 2010
Thanks, your stuff worked. Altough during flashing with the PartitionsBackupper, i noticed a few things failed because the partitions didn't exist. The phone boots again, not sure if that will affect the use with the missing files.
Still not sure what i did wrong to get stuck in a bootloop. I was able to unlock the bootloader and install twrp on my DN2103, did a nandroid backup (as the root tutor suggested) (never did a full whipe / data or cashe etc) , but after that i was not able to boot into the system anymore. Little bit scared to try the rooting process allover again. Any tips/ ideas what went wrong?

Side note: i had difficultees to enter fastboot on the phone (advanced reboot option is not available on my device in developer options), so i used this : https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=2188818919693784074 to reboot into fastboot.
Also: I'm not a total newb into rooting devices, done it before with other oneplus devices, but this tome something went wrong.

Last edited:

TheWing

Aug 3, 2011
Hi
I used your method to backup my phone, and restore your OxygenOS 11.3 A.12 EU Full Stock. The process went fine, but the phone doesnt boot after that. the phones shows this message:

View attachment 5470935

fastboot flashing unlock shows "fastboot: error: Command failed"
if i want to flash any image or TWRP, i get "FAILED (remote: 'not allowed in locked state')"
fastboot getvar all tells me: (bootloader) unlocked: no
(it was unlocked before restore..?)

should i try your "For locked bootloader:" method? it sounds "funny" :LOL::eek::devilish:
I am having the exact same issue after restoring (I also had unlocked bootloader before and fastboot says it is locked now). Did you manage to fix it after following the locked bootloader instructions?

pankspoo

Jun 27, 2013
in front of ENCHILADA
Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is... still valid!
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
 * Please do some research before asking or use anything on this thread.
 */

OxygenOS 11.3 A.12 EU Full Stock Firmware for the OnePlus Nord 2 DN2103
Extracted with PartitionsBackupper (included in the .zip)

Specifics:

• Vbmeta is not stock
  • Fastboot is already unlocked

Requirements:

• ADB & Fastboot + Google & MTK drivers

Instructions:

For unlocked bootloader:
  1. If your phone is still not completely fcked up, and even if it is, do a full backup with the included .bat first + a Nandroid backup + Internal storage backup. (better safe than RMA it)
  2. Extract all files in the same directory of adb & fastboot (usually the "platform-tools" folder).
  3. Run the included .bat to flash all partitions with fastboot.
  4. I reccomend to do a full data format with the stock recovery before going back messing around. It usually wipes better than TWRP.
For locked bootloader:
  1. Download and install mtkclient (I reccomend to download the Re LiveDVD iso and flash it on a pendrive with Rufus).
  2. Extract just the seccfg.img partition from the zip.
  3. Place the seccfg.img in the same folder with the mtk executable (in the Re LiveDVD, it's the /opt/mtkclient directory)
  4. Disconnect the phone from the pc, and start mtkclient (MTK on the desktop of the Re LiveDVD).
  5. Backup your seccfg partition first! With the command python mtk r seccfg seccfg.bin
  6. As soon as you press Enter, the script will start searching for an attached phone in BROM mode.
    To reboot your phone in BROM mode:
    1. Turn off your phone.
    2. As soon as it turns off, press and hold all 3 buttons (Vol+, Vol-, and Power) and connect the usb cable.
    3. The script should find your phone and start the backup. Release the buttons.
  7. Now, disconnect the phone, and close and reopen mtkclient.
  8. Write the seccfg.img partition with the command python mtk w seccfg seccfg.img, press Enter, and reconnect the phone as explained before.
  9. You should now have an unlocked bootloader!

DOWNLOAD
Gdrive
So I got successful to flash your given seccfg.img.
Then I booted in. Fastboot mode so tried try unlock bootloader commands to. Check and it's saying not allowed.
Means its still locked i think

martinwildi

Dec 11, 2009
Then I booted in. Fastboot mode so tried try unlock bootloader commands to. Check and it's saying not allowed.
i could also flash seccfg.img. But also still locked bootloader.
will try again later this week.

Here's a little more detailed instruction (@Raygen you can take this to your instructions, if you want):

Download and install mtkclient (I reccomend to download the Re LiveDVD iso and flash it on a pendrive with Rufus).
Go to https://github.com/bkerler/mtkclient, scroll down to "Use Re LiveDVD" (https://github.com/bkerler/mtkclient#use-re-livedvd-everything-ready-to-go-based-on-ubuntu) > Download
Download rufus from http://rufus.ie/en/
Insert a pendrive
Start Rufus, select your pendrive (1), click "select" (2), select "re_livedvdV3.iso", click "START" (3)
Extract just the seccfg.img partition from the zip.
I had to rename the File after Download from seccfg_unlocked_A12.tif to seccfg.img
Place the seccfg.img in the same folder with the mtk executable (in the Re LiveDVD, it's the /opt/mtkclient directory)
Insert pendrive in windows-pc, open it, make a new directory "nord2" and copy the img-File to this folder
Disconnect the phone from the pc, and start mtkclient (MTK on the desktop of the Re LiveDVD).
Shutdown your PC, plugin pendrive, start PC. It should start from pendrive to MTK
Enter Password "user" (without "")
Open "Home" from Desktop, you'll need that later
Backup your seccfg partition first! With the command python mtk r seccfg seccfg.bin
As soon as you press Enter, the script will start searching for an attached phone in BROM mode.
Turn off your phone.
As soon as it turns off, press and hold all 3 buttons (Vol+, Vol-, and Power) and connect the usb cable.
The script should find your phone and start the backup. Release the buttons.
You'll find the file in the explorer > file system > opt > mtkclient (rename it to something like "seccft-backup.img")
Copy the file from earlier from file system > cdrom > nord2, to the above directory
Now, disconnect the phone, and close and reopen mtkclient.
Write the seccfg.img partition with the command python mtk w seccfg seccfg.img, press Enter, and reconnect the phone as explained before.
You should now have an unlocked bootloader!

Reactions: Raygen and kkdamion

kkdamion

Jul 31, 2011
before i run the the included .bat file i had twrp an unlocked BL, half wag the proces i started to notice errors like "failed can not flash bc of locked state errors" so my BL is locked and the command "fastboot flashing unlock" does not work anymore it just tells me "unlock failed"

pankspoo

Jun 27, 2013
in front of ENCHILADA
So this is falshing on seccfg still no luck still its saying not allow bootloader locked

Attachments

• IMG_20211201_145027.jpg
    IMG_20211201_145027.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 39

Raygen

Feb 21, 2014
Mantova
Thanks, your stuff worked. Altough during flashing with the PartitionsBackupper, i noticed a few things failed because the partitions didn't exist. The phone boots again, not sure if that will affect the use with the missing files.
Still not sure what i did wrong to get stuck in a bootloop. I was able to unlock the bootloader and install twrp on my DN2103, did a nandroid backup (as the root tutor suggested) (never did a full whipe / data or cashe etc) , but after that i was not able to boot into the system anymore. Little bit scared to try the rooting process allover again. Any tips/ ideas what went wrong?

Side note: i had difficultees to enter fastboot on the phone (advanced reboot option is not available on my device in developer options), so i used this : https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=2188818919693784074 to reboot into fastboot.
Also: I'm not a total newb into rooting devices, done it before with other oneplus devices, but this tome something went wrong.
I'll add a log generator in the next version of the tool so it can be seen what went wrong.
So far the best I can advise is to format data with the stock recovery before trying a second time (backup your data before that ofc)

I am having the exact same issue after restoring (I also had unlocked bootloader before and fastboot says it is locked now). Did you manage to fix it after following the locked bootloader instructions?
before i run the the included .bat file i had twrp an unlocked BL, half wag the proces i started to notice errors like "failed can not flash bc of locked state errors" so my BL is locked and the command "fastboot flashing unlock" does not work anymore it just tells me "unlock failed"
Alright we're at 3 users to whom the bootloader got locked.
I'll reupload the .zip with the seccfg.img partition removed to avoid further harm for now, looks like it's another trouble making partition.
Strange that the firmware in @sakarya1980 's thread does include it without issues. I've tagged him to see if he can help us about this.

Here's a little more detailed instruction (@Raygen you can take this to your instructions, if you want):
And we have 2 users to whom the bootloader unlock method doesn't work. I'll try to look into that, but for now it's the only method I'm aware of.

So this is falshing on seccfg still no luck still its saying not allow bootloader locked
I see you've tried to flash the seccfg with a .tiff extension. Why's that?

pankspoo

Jun 27, 2013
in front of ENCHILADA
I t'll add a log generator in the next version of the tool so it can be seen what went wrong.
So far the best I can advise is to format data with the stock recovery before trying a second time (backup your data before that ofc)

I'll reupload the .zip with the seccfg.img partition removed to avoid further harm for now, looks like it's another trouble making partition.
Strange that the firmware in @sakarya1980 's thread does include it without issues. I've tagged him to see if he can help us about this.

And we have 2 users to whom the bootloader unlock method doesn't work. I'll try to look into that, but for now it's the only method I'm aware of.

I
I'll add a log generator in the next version of the tool so it can be seen what went wrong.

I alredy flashed img also from Indiaan stock unlocked version and your also after changing name no luck

TheWing

Aug 3, 2011

I also tried the bootloader unlock method (after the broken boot/recovery message) and got the same result, fastboot saying it was still locked. After i messed with mtkclient flashing some images again or trying the proper mtkclient unlock method (from their github page) but no luck.

I managed to fix it today flashing with mtkclient the stock boot, recovery and vbmeta images from latest A12 ota, getting into the recovery and wiping all data, and after that the phone was finally working, and I could unlock the bootloader again and flash magisk and so.

pankspoo

Jun 27, 2013
in front of ENCHILADA
I also tried the bootloader unlock method (after the broken boot/recovery message) and got the same result, fastboot saying it was still locked. After i messed with mtkclient flashing some images again or trying the proper mtkclient unlock method (from their github page) but no luck.

I managed to fix it today flashing with mtkclient the stock boot, recovery and vbmeta images from latest A12 ota, getting into the recovery and wiping all data, and after that the phone was finally working, and I could unlock the bootloader again and flash magisk and so.
Can you tell. Me how did you flashed boot and recovery using mtk client process

pankspoo

Jun 27, 2013
in front of ENCHILADA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Looking through the log a little more awake I noticed a couple of errors, after mistakenly assuming that the success message at the end meant that all has gone as expected.

From my point of view, there's three kinds of errors:

I don't know about these, but there is an old note in the PartitionsBackupper OP about the my_* partitions, so it might not be related to my particular phone.

These are the four partitions inside that weird super partition, right?

I made a mistake early on, after I rebooted my phone and it went into a boot loop. I hadn't installed an Update (at least not explicitly - the update to A.14 was available, but I never explicitly installed it, so I really don't know what the boot loop was caused by. (I could imagine that it was installed when I rebooted? Don't know if OnePlus would auto-install updates on reboot?)

Anyway, when trying to fix it I mistakenly flashed system.img into the super partition, which was obviously not a very good idea. So I did some searching on that super partition and found that it contains those four above (odm, product, system, vendor), and that I had probably destroyed those partitions.

What I did find was that I can't easily flash odm, product, system, vendor, I get Writing 'system' FAILED (remote: 'This partition doesn't exist'). I previously thought this could be fixed by flashing super, but that was wrong, even afterwards I got that error.

This last one is probably just because no similarly named partition exists, which is fine because vbmeta_patched.img is an alternative to vbmeta.img, right?

The above mostly happened in the fastboot mode with the weird tiny text - the one you get into when pressing Power+VolDown. Mostly because I think I occasionally went into the other fastboot mode (using fastboot reboot fastboot, the one with the English/Asian language choices, is that OOB Recovery?) because I didn't know there were differences between the two.

After realising that I couldn't flash system even after super anymore, I went back to fastboot reboot recovery.

In that one, I noticed that I can flash system just fine, however, running the PartitionsBackupper_v1.4.bat failed to update super this time. See the new PBlog.txt:
    Logging started...

Main menu
    restore
    Restore started
    flashing audio_dsp...
    audio_dsp restored.
    flashing boot...
    boot restored.
    flashing boot_para...
    boot_para restored.
    flashing cache...
    cache restored.
    flashing cam_vpu1...
    cam_vpu1 restored.
    flashing cam_vpu2...
    cam_vpu2 restored.
    flashing cam_vpu3...
    cam_vpu3 restored.
    flashing cdt_engineering...
    cdt_engineering restored.
    flashing dpm_1...
    dpm_1 restored.
    flashing dpm_2...
    dpm_2 restored.
    flashing dtbo...
    dtbo restored.
    flashing expdb...
    expdb restored.
    flashing flashinfo...
    flashinfo restored.
    flashing frp...
    frp restored.
    flashing gz1...
    gz1 restored.
    flashing gz2...
    gz2 restored.
    flashing lk...
    lk restored.
    flashing lk2...
    lk2 restored.
    flashing logo...
    logo restored.
    flashing mcupm_1...
    mcupm_1 restored.
    flashing mcupm_2...
    mcupm_2 restored.
    flashing md1img...
    md1img restored.
    flashing metadata...
    Error with fastboot command
    flashing misc...
    misc restored.
    flashing my_carrier...
    my_carrier restored.
    flashing my_company...
    my_company restored.
    flashing my_engineering...
    my_engineering restored.
    flashing my_heytap...
    my_heytap restored.
    flashing my_manifest...
    my_manifest restored.
    flashing my_preload...
    my_preload restored.
    flashing my_product...
    my_product restored.
    flashing my_region...
    my_region restored.
    flashing my_stock...
    my_stock restored.
    flashing ocdt...
    ocdt restored.
    flashing odm...
    odm restored.
    flashing oplusreserve1...
    oplusreserve1 restored.
    flashing oplusreserve2...
    oplusreserve2 restored.
    flashing oplusreserve3...
    oplusreserve3 restored.
    flashing oplusreserve5...
    oplusreserve5 restored.
    flashing oplusreserve6...
    oplusreserve6 restored.
    flashing oplus_custom...
    oplus_custom restored.
    flashing otp...
    otp restored.
    flashing para...
    para restored.
    flashing param...
    param restored.
    flashing pi_img...
    pi_img restored.
    flashing product...
    product restored.
    flashing recovery...
    recovery restored.
    flashing scp1...
    scp1 restored.
    flashing scp2...
    scp2 restored.
    flashing sec1...
    sec1 restored.
    flashing spmfw...
    spmfw restored.
    flashing sspm_1...
    sspm_1 restored.
    flashing sspm_2...
    sspm_2 restored.
    flashing super...
    flashing system...
    system restored.
    flashing tee1...
    tee1 restored.
    flashing tee2...
    tee2 restored.
    flashing vbmeta_patched...
    flashing vbmeta_system...
    vbmeta_system restored.
    flashing vbmeta_vendor...
    vbmeta_vendor restored.
    flashing vendor...
    vendor restored.
    flashing vendor_boot...
    vendor_boot restored.
    vbmeta restored.
    Restore completed
    rebooting to recovery
    exit 1

Still, that worked, I just got greeted by a Hello! screen. Fingerprint enrols fine, Bluetooth finds devices, I'm guessing because I was lucky enough not to mess with the partition that breaks those.

So I guess the takeaway is: Don't try to flash partitions in the tiny text fastboot mode (even if it seems to work, identifying the devices with fastboot devices and flashing some partitions without error), but always go to the English/Asian language choice screen first using fastboot reboot fastboot, where some partitions behave differently.
    Glad that worked!

I've noticed the logs are not really useful with these level of details.. So I've updated a new version of the script with better logs for future cases.
    And about the difference between flashing in bootloader mode (with the tiny white text) vs fastboot mode (inside the recovery), I've noticed the partitions that cause the issue and also included this fix in the updated version of the script.

hi Guys,

can someone provide a stock EU a.13 boot, recovery and vmbeta to make unbick porcedure with locked bootloader?
    I'm still on A.12 sorry, that's why the post is not updated. I'm completely out of free time in this period.
    You could try to fully flash the A.12 and then update back to A.13 though.
    Here is my backup made with Raygen's partitionsbackupper tool :
    A.16 EU Stock OnePlus Nord 2 5G Pac-Man Edition
    You can surely restore with Raygen tool.
    Then send your twrp backup file to your phone >flash recovery twrp > Boot to recovery > restore > and only check persist and persist image from your nandroid backup if you have issue with camera and fingerprint
    Is this a fresh backup? (no personal settings) thx
    Raygen said that his tool doesn't keep personal data. Be sure you have your nandroid backup on your computer and keep it in a safe place cause persist and persist image are linked to your phone.
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is... still valid!
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
     * Please do some research before asking or use anything on this thread.
     */

OxygenOS 11.3 EU Full Stock Firmwares for the OnePlus Nord 2 DN2103
    A.12 - A.15 - A.16

Specifics:

• This rom will not overwrite your userdata partition.
    • This rom will not overwrite your IMEI, sensors calibration data, or bootloader unlock status.
      Since these partitions are not included: seccfg, nvcfg, nvdata, nvram, persist, proinfo, protect1, protect2.
    • The vbmeta partition is not stock.

Requirements:

Instructions:

1. If your phone is still not completely fcked up, and even if it is, do a full backup with PartitionsBackupper.bat first + a Nandroid backup + Internal storage backup. (better safe than RMA it)
    2. Download the .zip and the latest version of PartitionsBackupper.
    3. Extract and put all files in the same directory of adb & fastboot (usually the "platform-tools" folder).
    4. Run PartitionsBackupper.bat, choosing the restore option, to flash all partitions with fastboot.
    5. I reccomend to do a full data format with the stock recovery before going back messing around. It usually wipes better than TWRP.

1. Download and install the Re LiveDVD iso of mtkclient and flash it on a pendrive with Rufus.
    2. Download and extract the attached seccfg.img unlocked partition.
    3. Download and extract the boot.img, recovery.img, and vbmeta.img from the zip of the stock firmware.
    4. Create a new folder named "img" in the pendrive you just flashed with Rufus, and paste the 4 images there.
    5. Start the mtkclient live usb. The login credentials are "user" for both name and password.
    6. Note! the keyboard is set to german by default in the liveusb. To change it, as soon as you boot up in the desktop, click on the "DE" blue text up on the right.
    7. Copy the whole /img directory into the /opt/mtkclient directory.
    8. Disconnect the phone from the pc, and start the MTK script on the desktop of the live usb.
    9. Backup your seccfg partition first! With the command python mtk r seccfg seccfg_backup.img
    10. As soon as you press Enter, the script will start searching for an attached phone in BROM mode.
      1. Turn off your phone.
      2. As soon as it turns off, press and hold all 3 buttons (Vol+, Vol-, and Power) and connect the usb cable.
      3. The screen of the phone should remain completely black and the script should find your phone and start the backup. Release the buttons.
    11. Now, disconnect the phone, and close and reopen mtkclient.
    12. Do also a backup of your boot partition with the command python mtk r boot boot_backup.img, repeating the steps 10 and 11.
    13. You can find your backed up partitions in the /opt/mtkclient directory. Copy them to the pendrive or they will be wiped as soon as you turn off the pc!
    14. Now write all 4 partition images with the command python mtk wl img, by repeating the steps 10 and 11.
    15. If you're stuck in a bootloop after all of this, some users have reported that flashing vbmeta a second time fixed it.
    16. You should now have an unlocked bootloader

This procedure has been successfully tested by an external user.
    1. Follow the instructions in the "locked bootloader" procedure for how to install and run mtkclient.
    2. Download and extract the attached preloader_lu1.bin image, and the boot, recovery, vbmeta, and super images from the stock firmware .zip file, and paste them in the /opt/mtkclient directory.
    3. Run the command python mtk r preloader preloader_lu1_stock.bin --parttype=lu1 to backup your existing preloader partition first!
    4. Also backup your boot, vbmeta, and super partitions as described in the "locked bootloader" procedure.
    5. Run the command python mtk w preloader preloader_lu1.bin --parttype=lu1 to flash the preloader partition.
    6. Also run the commands as described in the "locked bootloader" procedure to flash the boot, recovery, vbmeta, and super images.
    7. If you're stuck in a bootloop after all of this, some users have reported that flashing vbmeta a second time fixed it.
    8. You should now have a working fastboot connnection

Thanks to Zombnombs, TheWing, and SeBright for the help!

DOWNLOAD
    AndroidFileHost
    i also had some sort of a victory :).
    my device was also stuck (Post#13)
    only flashing seccfg.img with the pendrive didnt work, still stuck, and still locked bootloader
    i had to flash the correct versions of boot.img, recovery.img and vbmeta.img via mtktools (in my case A.07)
    now i can start the phone, it's on the welcome screen
    and it seems to have locked bootloader right now.

i have to see later, what i'm doing now :)

@All: thanks for your help!

Download and install mtkclient (I reccomend to download the Re LiveDVD iso and flash it on a pendrive with Rufus).
    Go to https://github.com/bkerler/mtkclient, scroll down to "Use Re LiveDVD" (https://github.com/bkerler/mtkclient#use-re-livedvd-everything-ready-to-go-based-on-ubuntu) > Download
    Download rufus from http://rufus.ie/en/
    Insert a pendrive
    Start Rufus, select your pendrive (1), click "select" (2), select "re_livedvdV3.iso", click "START" (3)
    Extract just the seccfg.img partition from the zip.
    I had to rename the File after Download from seccfg_unlocked_A12.tif to seccfg.img
    Place the seccfg.img in the same folder with the mtk executable (in the Re LiveDVD, it's the /opt/mtkclient directory)
    Insert pendrive in windows-pc, open it, make a new directory "nord2" and copy the img-File to this folder
    Disconnect the phone from the pc, and start mtkclient (MTK on the desktop of the Re LiveDVD).
    Shutdown your PC, plugin pendrive, start PC. It should start from pendrive to MTK
    Enter Password "user" (without "")
    Open "Home" from Desktop, you'll need that later
    Backup your seccfg partition first! With the command python mtk r seccfg seccfg.bin
    As soon as you press Enter, the script will start searching for an attached phone in BROM mode.
    Turn off your phone.
    As soon as it turns off, press and hold all 3 buttons (Vol+, Vol-, and Power) and connect the usb cable.
    The script should find your phone and start the backup. Release the buttons.
    You'll find the file in the explorer > file system > opt > mtkclient (rename it to something like "seccft-backup.img")
    Copy the file from earlier from file system > cdrom > nord2, to the above directory
    Now, disconnect the phone, and close and reopen mtkclient.
    Write the seccfg.img partition with the command python mtk w seccfg seccfg.img, press Enter, and reconnect the phone as explained before.
    You should now have an unlocked bootloader!

Took a bit of fiddling around, I think I erased a few partitions by accident (due to following the github page's official instructions for how to unlock bootloader)

Flashing VBmeta from the OTA 12 update file in the mega link above, along with flashing the boot.img and recovery image from the google drive link in the OP should work for most people.

If you're like me and used the "python mtk e cache[and a few other partitions]" command as instructed by the mtkclient's github page's instructions for how to unlock bootloader (which doesn't work for the oneplus nord 2, so don't bother) I found I had to reflash those erased partitions from my nandroid backup as well. Then for some reason, it seems like vbmeta has to be the LAST partition you flash. As I flashed all sorts of other things, and the phone wouldnt boot, until i flashed vbmeta as the most recent one. No idea why that matters though.

Have to step away from my computer but currently the phone seems to boot up just fine, I'm going to leave it at the "welcome setup" screen for now and I'll report back if I see anything unusual.

If anyone else runs in the same issues and got to the fix, just know that if you wiped all partitions, or used someone else's persist.img partition, you'll need to manually flash in the persist image from your own backup or your fingerprint + camera won't work.