How To Guide [STOCK][FULL-ROM] OxygenOS_11.3_A.20 EU DN2103 | Unbrick guide

Search This thread

Raygen

Feb 21, 2014
Mantova
I might try that, but its a bit of a hassle, as i can only flash 1 ".Img", after that the mtkclient gives me an error, see the attached picture (it doesn't search for devices) . My solution was to completely reboot the PC with the Ubuntu usb, for every of the 4 image files all over from scratch. I have no ifea how to solve that error. (i also tried closing the mtkclient and restart it, or logg off and log back on in the user account.)
Did you tried to also turn off the phone and reboot it again in BROM mode for every image?

Elaba

Jun 27, 2010
Did you tried to also turn off the phone and reboot it again in BROM mode for every image?
Yes, tried many things . I started manually flashing each .img file from the firmware, 1 by 1. and between every file i had to reboot my pc completely to get the mtkclient working for 1 file at the time. I started with the biggest files and worked my way down to like 6 or 7 files. Everytime i rebooted the PC, i also tried booting the phone. But unfortunatly stayed in bootloop.
As this is very timeconsuming i started searching more info about the error i have on the mtkclient window . And found some code wich makes it possible to flash more .img files at the same time. So then i flashed all the firmware files at once, there were a few files wich failed to flash, i noted them down:

my_engineering.img
my_company.img
my_carrier.img
my_manifest.img
product.img
my_product.img
my_region.img
vendor.img

Currently the phone boots again, but there are issus with the security pasword, wich isn't saved

I own the Pac-Man edition and unfortunatly i can't find the Pac-man edition firmware , perhaps you have a link where i can find the android 11 European pac-man edition update.

FYI: I placed all .img files i extracted from the firmware .zip , into the mtklient folder and entered the next command in the mtkclient window: python mtk wl out.

Now i'm going to try to root again ;)

Edit:
Rooting worked better this time, but during setting up my phone, i noticed i can't save a security pasword in the phone settings, to enable facial recognition and fingerprint..., now searching for the Official Pac-Man edition Full Rom to flash over everything DN2103

Last edited:

Elaba

Jun 27, 2010
Yes, tried many things . I started manually flashing each .img file from the firmware, 1 by 1. and between every file i had to reboot my pc completely to get the mtkclient working for 1 file at the time. I started with the biggest files and worked my way down to like 6 or 7 files. Everytime i rebooted the PC, i also tried booting the phone. But unfortunatly stayed in bootloop.
As this is very timeconsuming i started searching more info about the error i have on the mtkclient window . And found some code wich makes it possible to flash more .img files at the same time. So then i flashed all the firmware files at once, there were a few files wich failed to flash, i noted them down:

my_engineering.img
my_company.img
my_carrier.img
my_manifest.img
product.img
my_product.img
my_region.img
vendor.img

Currently the phone boots again, but there are issus with the security pasword, wich isn't saved

I own the Pac-Man edition and unfortunatly i can't find the Pac-man edition firmware , perhaps you have a link where i can find the android 11 European pac-man edition update.

FYI: I placed all .img files i extracted from the firmware .zip , into the mtklient folder and entered the next command in the mtkclient window: python mtk wl out.

Edit:
Rooting worked better this time, but during setting up my phone, i noticed i can't save a security pasword in the phone settings, to enable facial recognition and fingerprint..., now searching for the Official Pac-Man edition Full Rom to flash over everything DN2103
Another day of research went by, so far i haven't managed to fix the issue with the security phrase, to get fingerprint and facial unlock. I've tried to restore to one of the first TWRP backups i made a month ago, and even later ones, but all gave me bootloops. Been searching trough various treads on this forum and your name " Raygen " pops up here and there. I have quite alot of backup files from a month ago when i did the first root attempt, i have a backup from partitionsbackupper v1.3 and a twrp backup from my original rom. Not sure if i can use files from those backups to rebuild back to stock. I can't remember what my stock rom number was, but the box says its produced mid october and i remember i had 1 update when i bought it, and there was another one 2 weeks ago wich i avoided. Looks like this phone doesn't like to be rooted. Also i can't find any of the Pac-Man Rom's, and neighter the stock Nord 2 Incremental updates.

Raygen

Feb 21, 2014
Mantova

my_engineering.img
my_company.img
my_carrier.img
my_manifest.img
product.img
my_product.img
my_region.img
vendor.img

Edit:
Another day of research went by, so far i haven't managed to fix the issue with the security phrase, to get fingerprint and facial unlock. I've tried to restore to one of the first TWRP backups i made a month ago, and even later ones, but all gave me bootloops. Been searching trough various treads on this forum and your name " Raygen " pops up here and there. I have quite alot of backup files from a month ago when i did the first root attempt, i have a backup from partitionsbackupper v1.3 and a twrp backup from my original rom. Not sure if i can use files from those backups to rebuild back to stock. I can't remember what my stock rom number was, but the box says its produced mid october and i remember i had 1 update when i bought it, and there was another one 2 weeks ago wich i avoided. Looks like this phone doesn't like to be rooted. Also i can't find any of the Pac-Man Rom's, and neighter the stock Nord 2 Incremental updates.
Nice job on reviving the phone and finding that handy command too! I've noted it in the instructions.

About the security settings not working, since the phone lives again now, have you tried restoring it again to stock with the "unlocked bootloader" procedure this time? Maybe that handful of partitions that didn't flashed with mtkclient can be the cause.
Also, since you have some old backups on hand, try to manually flash back the seccfg, nvcfg, nvdata, nvram, persist, proinfo, protect1, and protect2 partitions. These are usually the ones who cause camera, IMEI, and security issues like yours, if get corrupted.

About the Pac-man edition files, cannot help sorry. They're unavailable even on OxygenUpdater. I can only suggest you to ask around and find someone with your same model, from whom extract the update files and partitions needed.

Elaba

Jun 27, 2010
Nice job on reviving the phone and finding that handy command too! I've noted it in the instructions.

About the security settings not working, since the phone lives again now, have you tried restoring it again to stock with the "unlocked bootloader" procedure this time? Maybe that handful of partitions that didn't flashed with mtkclient can be the cause.
Also, since you have some old backups on hand, try to manually flash back the seccfg, nvcfg, nvdata, nvram, persist, proinfo, protect1, and protect2 partitions. These are usually the ones who cause camera, IMEI, and security issues like yours, if get corrupted.

About the Pac-man edition files, cannot help sorry. They're unavailable even on OxygenUpdater. I can only suggest you to ask around and find someone with your same model, from whom extract the update files and partitions needed.
Yes, i did a restore to the first TWRP backup i made when it got freshly rooted in november. Actually the failed root session, cause after that 1st backup it was in a bootloop. Also tried all the other ones wich all bootlooped. Yesterday when i got it working again, i also made a backup, wich i then restored to after trying the other restore points. That last backup with the regular nord 2 rom, also didn't restore perfectly, many visual bugs. So there's alot of wrong with these backups and such.
The files you mension are not .img files, so how do i flash those? In twrp i saw a restore page where i can manually select different partition directories, but not sure wich file goes where, and what to do if they are not .img files.

So currently my phone is in a bootloop state, but is unlocked and has twrp.

Last edited:

scarythib

Jun 9, 2010
Bordeaux
Yes, i did a restore to the first TWRP backup i made when it got freshly rooted in november. Actually the failed root session, cause after that 1st backup it was in a bootloop. Also tried all the other ones wich all bootlooped. Yesterday when i got it working again, i also made a backup, wich i then restored to after trying the other restore points. That last backup with the regular nord 2 rom, also didn't restore perfectly, many visual bugs. So there's alot of wrong with these backups and such.
The files you mension are not .img files, so how do i flash those? In twrp i saw a restore page where i can manually select different partition directories, but not sure wich file goes where, and what to do if they are not .img files.

You should better go to stock. Flash stock recovery in fastboot. Boot to recovery. Format data.

Then you can update your phone. If you have issue with camera or fingerprint and you have a nandroid backup check this post from pankspoo : https://xdaforums.com/t/how-to-solve-boot-img-corrupt-and-camera-finger-print-fc.4366975/

scarythib

Jun 9, 2010
Bordeaux
Here is my backup made with Raygen's partitionsbackupper tool :
A.16 EU Stock OnePlus Nord 2 5G Pac-Man Edition
You can surely restore with Raygen tool.
Then send your twrp backup file to your phone >flash recovery twrp > Boot to recovery > restore > and only check persist and persist image from your nandroid backup if you have issue with camera and fingerprint

Last edited:
Reactions: Raygen

Raygen

Feb 21, 2014
Mantova

To restore a TWRP backup you need to copy the backup back on the phone memory, in the TWRP folder, and then choose that backup from the Restore option in TWRP

Elaba

Jun 27, 2010
To restore a TWRP backup you need to copy the backup back on the phone memory, in the TWRP folder, and then choose that backup from the Restore option in TWRP
Yes i know that, But i was looking at the files inside that backup folder. To pick a few out if needed and flash those files seperatly. I will have another try next week. Thanks for the help so far.

Elaba

Jun 27, 2010

DeMiane

Dec 14, 2019
Hello! Came to you from the Russian forum. Faced a problem. After rooting and unlocking the bootloader, everything was fine. TWRP is worth it. I installed LukeyPatcher, rebooted, the phone hangs in the bootlop, what should I do in order not to aggravate the situation? It enters the recovery. The latest firmware was updated on the drain before all actions. Thank you!
p.s. sorry for the english.

Raygen

Feb 21, 2014
Mantova
Is this a fresh backup? (no personal settings) thx
Raygen said that his tool doesn't keep personal data. Be sure you have your nandroid backup on your computer and keep it in a safe place cause persist and persist image are linked to your phone.
Yup, my tool doesn't backup the data partition, but DOES backup every other partition. Including seccfg, nvcfg, nvdata, nvram, persist, proinfo, protect1, and protect2. @Elaba be sure to delete these partition from @scarythib's backup before flashing. Should be good then

Hello! Came to you from the Russian forum. Faced a problem. After rooting and unlocking the bootloader, everything was fine. TWRP is worth it. I installed LukeyPatcher, rebooted, the phone hangs in the bootlop, what should I do in order not to aggravate the situation? It enters the recovery. The latest firmware was updated on the drain before all actions. Thank you!
p.s. sorry for the english.
That usually happens with Magisk stable (atm I'm on Magisk canary), or by not formatting data with the stock recovery after flashing the stock firmware.
If you still got everything backed up, try formatting data and then go with magisk canary. See if that works better

DeMiane

Dec 14, 2019
That usually happens with Magisk stable (atm I'm on Magisk canary), or by not formatting data with the stock recovery after flashing the stock firmware.
If you still got everything backed up, try formatting data and then go with magisk canary. See if that works better
There is no backup. while there is an idea to remove magisk and reflash the boot .. can tell me where the boot is?

Elaba

Jun 27, 2010
seccfg, nvcfg, nvdata, nvram, persist, proinfo, protect1, and protect2
So i've tried the instructions said previously, Wipe data beforehand, Used that Partisionsbakupper file form scarythib , and added boot, recovery , seccfg and vbmeta from my backup, but the files i quoted seem to be missing in my old Partisionsbackupper file (made with your tool v1.3) , Currently still in Bootloop (and again locked bootloader) , Also when i flashed scarythib his backup, i got an error for System and ODM partistions wich are missing, and it skipped those files.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    /*
    * Your warranty is... still valid!
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    * Please do some research yourself before asking or use anything on this thread.
    * I do not offer private assistance via Telegram or any other social outside XDA.
    */
    This project is no longer actively mantained, help yourself in the comments! - OP switched to a custom ROM - AndroidFileHost is no longer available for uploads (downloads are still available)

OxygenOS 11.3 EU Full Stock Firmwares for the OnePlus Nord 2 DN2103
    A.20

Specifics:

• This rom will not overwrite your userdata or metadata partition.
    • This rom will not overwrite your IMEI, sensors calibration data, or bootloader unlock status.
      Since these partitions are not included: seccfg, nvcfg, nvdata, nvram, persist, proinfo, protect1, protect2.
    • These partitions are not included since are present in the super partition: my_*, odm, product, system, vendor.
    • The vbmeta partition is not stock.
    • The vbmeta partition is stock. A vbmeta_patched partition for root users can be found attached to this thread.

Requirements:

Instructions:

1. Download and, install Python, extract Mtkclient, and install UsbDk.
    2. Open a terminal (cmd) inside the extracted Mtkclient folder, and type the command pip3 install -r requirements.txt
    3. After the installation has completed, type the command python mtk_gui to start Mtkclient GUI.
    4. Reboot your phone in BROM mode:
      1. Turn off your phone.
      2. Connect the phone via usb to the pc, and immediately press and hold all 3 buttons (Vol+, Vol-, and Power).
      3. The screen of the phone should remain completely black and Mtkclient should find your phone and connect to it, by reporting "device detected :)" in the cmd. Release all the buttons as soon as the phone is detected.
    5. If the phone won't connect properly, check that's being correctly detected in device manager:
      1. Open Device manager.
      2. While the phone is connected in BROM mode to the pc, search for "MediaTek USB Port" under "Ports (COM and LPT)".
      3. Right click on it -> Choose "Update driver" -> "Browse my computer for driver software" -> "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer" -> and change it to "USB serial device".
      4. Sometimes it likes to revert itself back to "MediaTek USB Port", so leave Device manager open to keep an eye on it.
      5. If the phone keeps rebooting itself out of BROM mode, try to be fast when changing the settings inside Device manager. Keep trying until you see that "USB serial device" has stick.
      6. If Mtkclient freezes on "waiting for preloader VCOM", or the phone keeps rebooting itself out of BROM mode, keep rebooting the phone into BROM mode without letting go of the buttons, without disconnecting it from the pc, and without closing Mtkclient. And release all the buttons just when the phone has been detected. (It could need 2 to 3 reboots. If more, disconnect the cable and retry).
    6. You can now use Mtkclient GUI. (see the guides below)
    7. After you're done flashing, you can exit BROM mode by press and hold Vol+ and Power.
    1. Download and install the Re LiveDVD iso of mtkclient and flash it on a pendrive with Rufus.
    2. Create two new folders named "img" and "img_bak" in the pendrive you just flashed with Rufus, and paste inside /img all the files and images you will need.
    3. Start the mtkclient live usb. The login credentials are "user" for both name and password.
    4. Note! the keyboard is set to german by default in the liveusb. To change it, as soon as you boot up in the desktop, click on the "DE" blue text up on the right.
    5. Copy the whole /img and /img_bak directories into the /opt/mtkclient directory.
    6. Disconnect the phone from the pc, and start the MTK script on the desktop of the live usb.
    7. Write the desired command (see below) and press Enter.
    8. As soon as you press Enter, the script will start searching for an attached phone in BROM mode.
      To reboot your phone in BROM mode:
      1. Turn off your phone.
      2. Connect the phone via usb to the pc, and immediately press and hold all 3 buttons (Vol+, Vol-, and Power).
      3. The screen of the phone should remain completely black and Mtkclient should find your phone and connect to it, by reporting "device detected :)" in the cmd. Release all the buttons as soon as the phone is detected.
      4. It is necessary to disconnect the phone, close and reopen the MTK script on the desktop, and reconnect the phone in BROM mode, every time you want to run another command.
    9. To backup any partitions on your phone, use the command python mtk r partition_name_1,partition_name_2,partition_name_3,... img_bak/partition_name_1.img,img_bak/partition_name_2.img,img_bak/partition_name_3.img,.... Example: python mtk r boot,vbmeta,super img_bak/boot.img,img_bak/vbmeta.img,img_bak/super.img. You'll find all your backups inside the /opt/mtkclient/img_bak folder (copy them back to your pendrive to not loose them).
    10. To write all the partitions present in the /img directory to your phone, use the command python mtk wl img. Be sure that the file names have the same name of the partition they're meant to write!Example: The file named "boot.img" <---> Will write the "boot" partition.
    11. Use the command python mtk r preloader img_bak/preloaderdump_backup.bin --parttype=lu1 to backup your preloader partition. You'll find your backup inside the /opt/mtkclient/img_bak folder (copy it back to your pendrive to not loose it).
    12. Use the command python mtk w preloader img/preloaderdump_stock.bin --parttype=lu1 to flash the preloader partition.

↓​

1. If your phone is still not completely fcked up, and even if it is, do a full backup with PartitionsBackupper first + a TWRP backup + Internal storage backup. (better safe than RMA it)
    2. Download the stock firmware .zip, and the latest version of PartitionsBackupper.
    3. Extract both of them in the same directory where adb.exe & fastboot.exe are located (usually the "platform-tools" folder).
    4. Run PartitionsBackupper, choosing the restore option, to flash all partitions with fastboot.
    5. Reboot into the stock recovery and do a full data format before going back messing around. It usually wipes better than TWRP.

1. Follow this guide only if the command fastboot flashing unlock does not work.
    2. Download and extract the attached seccfg.img unlocked partition.
    3. Download and extract the boot.img, recovery.img, and vbmeta.img from the stock firmware .zip file.
    4. Put all 4 images in a new empty folder, and do not rename the files.
    5. Open Mtkclient (see the guide above).
    6. In the first tab "Read partition(s)": Select the seccfg, boot, recovery, and vbmeta partitions. Click "Read" to backup them up. Save them in a different folder from the one created before.
    7. Now in the second tab "Write partition(s)": Choose "Select from directory" and choose the new folder created before. It should automatically place all 4 images in the correct corresponding partitions. Click "Write" to flash them.
    8. If you're stuck in a bootloop after this, some users have reported that flashing vbmeta a second time fixed it.
    9. You should now have an unlocked bootloader

This procedure has been successfully tested by an external user.
    1. This guide is useful if your device is not getting recognized via fastboot.
    2. Download and extract the attached preloaderdump_stock.bin image.
    3. Download and extract the boot, recovery, vbmeta, and super images from stock firmware .zip file.
    4. Put the 4 images extracted from the stock firmware, in a new empty folder, and do not rename the files. Do not put the preloader image in this folder.
    5. Open Mtkclient (see the guide above).
    6. In the first tab "Read partition(s)": Select the boot, recovery, vbmeta and super partitions. Click "Read" to backup them up. Save them in a different folder from the one created before.
    7. In the fourth tab "Flash Tools": Choose "Read preloader" to backup it up. Save it in a different folder from the one created before.
    8. Still in the fourth tab "Flash Tools": Choose "Write preloader" and flash the downloaded preloaderdump_stock.bin image.
    9. Last, in the second tab "Write partition(s)": Choose "Select from directory" and choose the new folder created before. It should automatically place all 4 images in the correct corresponding partitions. Click "Write" to flash them.
    10. If you're stuck in a bootloop after this, some users have reported that flashing vbmeta a second time fixed it.
    11. You should now have a working fastboot connnection

This procedure has been successfully tested by an external user.
    1. This guide is useful as a last resort. If you are not able to restore the stock rom in any other way.
    2. Download the stock firmware and extract the folder inside the .zip file.
    3. Open Mtkclient (see the guide above).
    4. In the first tab "Read partition(s)": Choose "Select all partitions" and click "Read" to backup them up. Save them in a different folder from the one with the stock firmware.
    5. Now in the second tab "Write partition(s)": Choose "Select from directory" and choose the folder with the stock firmware. It should automatically place all the images in the correct corresponding partitions. Click "Write" to flash them.
    6. If you're stuck in a bootloop after this, try flashing the preloader and seccfg partitions following the guides above, and then repeat this procedure a second time.
    7. Your device should hopefully boot now

Yeah.. Looks like OxygenOS doesn't really like to be rooted. Your phone will occasionally go into a bootloop without any notice or known reason (so far).​
    The cause of this behavior is still unknown to me, if you are able to find any explanation or better solution please post it here!
    The only solution I know so far, is to just format your phone back to stock, and then restore your userdata partition:​
    1. Make a backup of your Internal storage, recovery, boot, vbmeta, and userdata partitions. Both with PartitionBackupper or Mtkclient, what's more handy for you.
    2. Flash the stock firmware on the phone.
    3. Format data with the stock recovery.
    4. Restore your previously backupped partitions and storage.
    5. When booting to system for the first time, it's possible your interface / GUI will be malfunctioning. Just reboot one more time to fix this.
    6. Finally, go into the setting and reset your password / sequence / PIN.

Thanks to Zombnombs, TheWing, SeBright, Giovix92 for the help!

DOWNLOAD
    AndroidFileHost
    DOWNLOAD
    SourceForge
    DOWNLOAD
    Arnab's drive
    i also had some sort of a victory :).
    my device was also stuck (Post#13)
    only flashing seccfg.img with the pendrive didnt work, still stuck, and still locked bootloader
    i had to flash the correct versions of boot.img, recovery.img and vbmeta.img via mtktools (in my case A.07)
    now i can start the phone, it's on the welcome screen
    and it seems to have locked bootloader right now.

i have to see later, what i'm doing now :)

@All: thanks for your help!
    I've reuploaded the file, please try again
    Are you using windows ? check it in device-manager when you are in "userspace-fastboot" it should report as adb-bootlaoder-interface. If not click on use driver - > adb bootlaoder interface

Thank you! You beautiful person Kingslayer! It's unbricked!

Sometimes you overlook the obvious when you're dealing with issues, and for me it was as you said - not installing the device as 'adb bootloader interface' from device manager while in the userspace fastboot. I also started PartitionBakckupper from TWRP as you said so that may have helped as well. But also, as a note for anyone who may face this issue - after it all completed, I received the same red boot error message as earlier, but by booting into fastboot from that screen and reflashing the vbmeta.img from the latest a.16 stock in the OP, it allowed it to boot fine. Is that what you meant at the end there?

Fingerprint scanner and camera are working fine as well, so the persist is actually still intact too.

Bloody hell, what a relief. Thank you again man, you saved me the stress of an RMA request I was prepared to make in the morning. And thanks as well Raygen for the tool, once you understand how to actually work it, it does the trick.
    Hey there! Nord 2 5G user and, mostly, developer.
    @Raygen I guess you can add another 'usecase' to the overall guide: managed to hard brick the device. Basically wasn't booting in any mode: fastboot, recovery or whatever; achieved this by flashing boot.img into recovery partition (don't ask me why lol).

By the way, used your "Locked bootloader" guide with a little modification:
    - I've also added lk & lk2 from my backup, because those apparently are 'damaged' by the previous command (don't ask me how cause I don't have any clue about it).
    - Instead of using
    Bash:
    python mtk wl img
    as you described, I just used a one-liner command based on mtkclient's README:
    Bash:
    python mtk w lk,lk2,boot,recovery,vbmeta lk.img,lk2.img,boot.img,recovery.img,vbmeta.img
    The syntax is the following one:
    Code:
    python mtk w name_1,name_2 name_1.img,name_2.img
    The one-liner command basically flashes everything in one shot, and afterwards, when you disconnect the usb cable and power it on, it *should* boot up. If it doesn't, flash preloader like you did, re-trigger BROM mode and redo that one-liner command.
    Hard bricked intentionally another time to test this out and, at least, have some proofs. :)
    I could attach mines lk & lk2, if needed.

Hope y'all like it! Cheers!