• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Stock GB to Eclipse ROM

Search This thread

Dustinsk

Nov 11, 2010
Im not sure if I should post this here, but I will go ahead and try. Im on stock GB and was just wondering how I can apply the Eclipse rom? Like how to even root, Im a noob so I might need some help haha.

Dustinsk

Nov 11, 2010
Dang! Okay so just follow all those instructions... I know its early but of the FEW roms available, do you guys like eclipse the best??

RacerXFD

Apr 30, 2010
Chicago, IL
You do not have to go back to froyo. As a matter of speaking, it will not work if you go all the way back to froyo because you still need a gb kernel.

Never mind. I'm wrong for not reading. I didn't realize that you were on stock gb. With stock gb, yes you need to go back.

garywojdan81

Aug 10, 2010
Once you are on rooted GB, you can use the bootstrap recovery to flash any of the custom roms available for GB without going back to froyo every time. The real chore is getting rooted.

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA Premium App

Ihatepullups

Okay, so here is basically what you need to do.
1. sbf back to froyo
2. Go find the link to p3droid's pre-rooted gb update.
3. Install bootstrap for your phone.
4. Find your rom that's right for you.
5. Use bootstrap.
6. ???
7. Profit!

Hope this helps

Sent with pre-rooted gb, and swype 3.0 both of which are awesome and sexy.

bswides412

Jul 30, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S21
Okay, so here is basically what you need to do.
1. sbf back to froyo
2. Go find the link to p3droid's pre-rooted gb update.
3. Install bootstrap for your phone.
4. Find your rom that's right for you.
5. Use bootstrap.
6. ???
7. Profit!

Hope this helps

Sent with pre-rooted gb, and swype 3.0 both of which are awesome and sexy.

What do you mean by bootstrap. When I first rooted I had an app that let me boot into recovery. Is that bootstrap? If so once i updated to p3's gb I don't see that app anymore. This is probably a really lame issue, but some clarification would be greatly appreciated!

Ihatepullups

Once on p3's GB, reinstall the bootstrap recovery app, and use it to flash the eclipse rom.

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA App

What he said. reinstall the system recovery apk.

I don't know if you can do it on a mac, because I don't have one, but I'm almost positive that android sdk works on mac, so I want to day that you probably can. In addition, I wanted to post a link to a helpful thread on sbf to froyo: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1193818

UPDATED - [HOW-TO] SBF back to stock Froyo, Update to P3Droids Pre-Rooted GB Update

Last edited:

Dustinsk

Nov 11, 2010
Hey guys. I ended up doing it on my pc however rsd lite wont find my phone...? Any suggestions? I also did the updated version where you plug in the usb to the back of the comp, so maybe its my comp blocking something? Ill try to do it on the mac

EvilTim

Jul 29, 2011
Hey guys. I ended up doing it on my pc however rsd lite wont find my phone...? Any suggestions? I also did the updated version where you plug in the usb to the back of the comp, so maybe its my comp blocking something? Ill try to do it on the mac

Run rsdlite as administrator maybe that will work

Dustinsk

Nov 11, 2010
Im running as owner. I think Ill try my other PC before I do anything else.

Nvmd. I made a rookie mistake. I thought that the driver had installed but instead it installed both the 32 and 64 bit which was screwing me up...Got it! Thanks K33pw1shen and Tim. Now, my next question. I know v2 of eclipse is coming out anytime now, should I wait til v2 or is it easy to dwnld v1 and upgrade to v2?

Last edited:

EvilTim

Jul 29, 2011
Im running as owner. I think Ill try my other PC before I do anything else.

Nvmd. I made a rookie mistake. I thought that the driver had installed but instead it installed both the 32 and 64 bit which was screwing me up...Got it! Thanks K33pw1shen and Tim. Now, my next question. I know v2 of eclipse is coming out anytime now, should I wait til v2 or is it easy to dwnld v1 and upgrade to v2?

Its actually v0.2 its still very early build, though its by a good dev you may still have issues, recommend waiting for a while for later build unless you're an advanced user