Recognized Developer / Inactive Recognized Contrib
- Jun 23, 2010
These are for the H815 variant only. Files are from software version 20A (Android 6.0 Marshmallow).
Included below: TWRP-flashable stock rom, boot, modem and bootloader zips. KDZ and individual images are also included.
*There is NO anti-rollback qfuse used in this update... you can downgrade using LGUP HERE. You can also use LGUP to flash the 20A KDZ.
Please do not mirror my files!
1. Notifications may not work with all apps. To check for possible missed notifications go to Settings, battery/energy saving, battery consumption, ignore optimization.
2.Knock code has been removed but will return in a future update.
y u quote OP?
You must have TWRP 2.8.7+ installed to use these files. Thanks to Dees_Troy as always for that. And, of course, you must have your bootloader unlocked for TWRP to work. Currently only H815 EU and SEA variants have official unlock through LG's unlock page HERE. Please do not ask if "model x" is supported... did you unlock via LG's official unlock tool? Yes? then you can use it. No? then you can't. If you have a locked bootloader and want to ignore all warnings and try to flash anyway... HERE is the thread for that (enjoy no root). How's the saying go.. imitation is the sincerest form of flattery? :silly:
Super Duper Safe Install Directions:
Some bootloader unlocked users have had various issues. Despite these users being in the minority I have decided to write up a step by step tutorial to follow.
1. Download the modem, bootloader and system zips listed under the download section and place them on internal or external sdcard.
2. Download 20A repacked boot.img HERE or HERE and place on internal or external sdcard.
3. Download latest SuperSu zip HERE and place on internal or external sdcard.
4. (re)Boot into TWRP
5. Backup current partitions: boot, system, data, efs
6. Install the modem, system and repacked boot.img (no bootloader/supersu yet) (install button > select zip > press "add more zips" > select other zip > repeat)
7. After all 3 zips finish flashing hit the Home button > Reboot button > recovery button to reboot recovery. (if TWRP asks if you want to install SU, NO!)
8. After rebooting into TWRP install bootloader and supersu zips.
9. After both zips finish you're all set to boot into a rooted M. Enjoy.
The reason for the above order of operations... some people who flashed this but didn't root were losing TWRP due to the "recovery-from-boot.p" file in stock system which rebuilds stock recovery. By flashing the repacked boot.img and supersu it should rename the "recovery-from-boot.p" file to "recovery-from-boot.p.bak" and not error due to the repacked boot.img... which makes sure TWRP isn't removed. The reason for flashing bootloader last (after rebooting recovery) is because some ran into issues during the flash process and if getting stuck AFTER flashing bootloader causes issues flashing KDZ using LG Flash Tool 2014... so this route makes sure all other files are flashed first before locking yourself out of KDZ flashes. YES you can downgrade still.. but only through TWRP or using root.
100% stock untouched system. MD5 = 9ac1f01eb4affc5712fdfa9b64b709d6
This is a flashable stock 20A modem.
This is a flashable stock 20A boot.img. Boot.img contains kernel + dtb + ramdisk.
This is a flashable stock 20A bootloader. It contains aboot, factory, hyp, laf, pmic, raw_resources, rpm, sbl1, sdi, sec and tz. Do NOT wipe system before flashing this zip. Zip checks model before flashing.
Also, KDZ + all stock images for 20A are available here.
If you decide M is lame and want to go back to Lollipop I wouldn't blame you. Currently 20A is in a "late-beta" stage with options missing like Knock Code and the ability to merge sdcard with data. The only gains seem to be Doze, updated Google Now, the ability to choose which permissions apps have access to... and your About Phone settings now saying Android 6.0. To downgrade:
1. Download Lollipop flashable Modem and Bootloader zips. 10D/E HERE... 10B/C HERE.. 10A HERE and put them on your internal or external sdcard.
2. (re)Boot into TWRP.
3. Restore your previous backup (boot, system, data)
4. After restore has finished hit the Home button.
5. Install the modem and bootloader zips.
6. Should be enough to get you back to Lollipop.
Use LGUP HERE to flash a previous KDZ version.
Unofficial Bootloader Unlock:
Don't have official bootloader unlock? This guy claims to have a working method HERE...