[STOCK] [H932] [20r] [Oreo] T-Mobile LG V30 Stock Collection (Includes Debloated)

Search This thread

runningnak3d

Recognized Developer
Nov 10, 2010
Largo
Thanks man, but there isn't much I can do with the OTA zip. I need the full 20s kdz.
Perhaps @runningnak3d can do something with the update zip, but if i recall I think he also needs a system image in order to get the file diffs

You are correct. I can turn an OTA into a flashable zip, but I would need 20r since that is what it is diffed against.

Just got my hands on the 20s KDZ. Ill have packages ready this weekend :)

Glad you grabbed it ?

If you ever do need me to convert an OTA, just let me know.

-- Brian

Reactions: mattgyver

zfk110

Jan 11, 2014
Atlanta
I discovered an issue with the debloated rom. It didn't remove all of the bloatware it should have, and for some reason I started having problems with video playback. so I'm going to remove the link and build another one. ill upload the new copy today

Hi, I'm on Software Version: h93210d

Build Number: N2g47h

running on Nougat 7.1.2 can I install this or it will mess up?

zfk110

Jan 11, 2014
Atlanta
OK. Then, yes you should be able to install the TWRP-flashable zip fine on your T-Mobile H932.

Sent via open market LG US998 V30/V30+

So I install the stock zip first, but I couldn't installed Magisk due to boot image not compatible with it, so I restarted the phone without Magisk, it boots up fine, but if I'm trying to go back to TWRP it wont let me, I tried to use this method

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJF8oTGqohg

but it wipes my phone, so I tried to install TWRP again but I'm getting this

D:\4GB\SM-N910T-4.4.4\LG H932\fastboot>adb reboot bootloader
* daemon not running; starting now at tcp:5037
* daemon started successfully

D:\4GB\SM-N910T-4.4.4\LG H932\fastboot>Fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img
Sending 'recovery' (30324 KB) FAILED (remote: 'unknown command')
fastboot: error: Command failed
seems like I still have unlocked bootloader, but my recovery is gone since I can't boot into it also my TWRP is gone too, so whats my options now? how can I put TWRP back in this?

Now I got Software Version: h93220r

Build Number: opr1.170623.026

Last edited:

weakNPCdotCom

Aug 16, 2018
Atlanta
So I install the stock zip first, but I couldn't installed Magisk due to boot image not compatible with it, so I restarted the phone without Magisk, it boots up fine, but if I'm trying to go back to TWRP it wont let me, I tried to use this method

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJF8oTGqohg

but it wipes my phone, so I tried to install TWRP again but I'm getting this

D:\4GB\SM-N910T-4.4.4\LG H932\fastboot>adb reboot bootloader
* daemon not running; starting now at tcp:5037
* daemon started successfully

D:\4GB\SM-N910T-4.4.4\LG H932\fastboot>Fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img
Sending 'recovery' (30324 KB) FAILED (remote: 'unknown command')
fastboot: error: Command failed
seems like I still have unlocked bootloader, but my recovery is gone since I can't boot into it also my TWRP is gone too, so whats my options now? how can I put TWRP back in this?

Now I got Software Version: h93220r

Build Number: opr1.170623.026

You'll need to boot to download mode. I believe you do that by turning the phone off, holding vol-up and plugging in the usb cable. That should boot you to TWRP where you can again flash TWRP to recovery, and flash magisk.

FYI I have not done any testing with the beta version of Magisk (v19) and i recommend sticking with 18.1 for now.

zfk110

Jan 11, 2014
Atlanta
You'll need to boot to download mode. I believe you do that by turning the phone off, holding vol-up and plugging in the usb cable. That should boot you to TWRP where you can again flash TWRP to recovery, and flash magisk.

FYI I have not done any testing with the beta version of Magisk (v19) and i recommend sticking with 18.1 for now.

Worked great! only thing I took was Chrome and replaced it with Dolphin, I believe Magisk v19 causing bootloop

Reactions: weakNPCdotCom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

T-Mobile V30 H932 20R Stock Collection
    Based on OEM 20R KDZ. Extracted and Repacked.

DISCLAIMER

Proceed at your own risk. I am not responsible for any damage to your device.
    Flashing LAF WILL REMOVE TWRP from your laf partition and restore stock DL Mode
    Bins in these packages are unmodified and you may need to flash no-verity-opt-encrypt and rctd remover after to keep force-encryption away.

REQUIRED

TWRP on LAF or Recovery
    Latest Magisk Zip (if performing clean flash)
    no-verity-opt-encrypt
    rctd remover

FILE BREAKDOWN

None of these Zips flash the Recovery partition.
    Besides StockLAF, these Zips DO NOT flash the LAF partition.
    If you want to restore DL Mode and Stock LAF, you must flash the StockLAF package separately.
    • Bootloader: 20r Stock Bootloader ONLY
    • FullStock: Full 20r Stock Firmware Only (bootloader, modem, boot, system) - Instructions in Section A
    • Debloated w/Magisk: Boot+Debloated System + Magisk Root (force enc & dm-verity removed) - Instructions in Section B
    • StockLAF: Individual LAF image for returning to stock DL mode

WARNING
    This firmware contains DTS libs and there are related changes within the Bootloader/Modem zips.
    Anybody running a custom rom like LOS or RR will have sound problems if you flash these. (until a compatible build is released)
    Anybody running the Debloated zip will have video/sound problems if you DO NOT flash these (FullStock contains both)

Thanks to @ChazzMatt for sharing this helpful info.

Global Instructions
    • Always make a backup first
    • If device has been encrypted, see encryption notes at the bottom before continuing.

A - FullStock

• If coming from Nougat, Clean Flash is Recommended
    • Wipe Dalvik, System, Data, Cache... then flash
    • If coming from previous Oreo versions, Dirty Flash works fine. OS and Apps are updated.
    • Copy All Zips to SDCard
    • Flash h93220r_FullStock.zip
    • Flash Magisk
    • Flash no-verity-opt-encrypt
    • Flash rctd remover
    • Reboot to system and install Magisk Manager (if not installed)

B - Debloated with Magisk

• You MUST flash FullStock, or Bootloader and Modem before flashing this to make sure all of your device firmware is up to date.
    • Be aware
      • This ROM does NOT flash LAF, recovery, bootloader or modem firmware directly.
    • Boot image has been patched to remove force encryption and dm-verity
    • This ROM has had several pre-loaded and system apps removed. If someone wants to send me a list of any additional apps that can be safely removed, i can update the rom to include them.

• system/app/CloudPrint
      • system/app/Drive
      • system/app/Duo
      • system/app/EditorsDocs
      • system/app/EditorsSheets
      • system/app/Gmail2
      • system/app/GooglePay
      • system/app/LGAccount
      • system/app/LGAirDrive
      • system/app/LGAmazonAssistant
      • system/app/LGAmazonAttribution
      • system/app/Maps
      • system/app/Music2
      • system/app/Photos
      • system/app/YouTube
      • system/priv-app/CloudHub
      • system/priv-app/CollageWallpapers
      • system/priv-app/facebook-installer
      • system/priv-app/LG360VideoWallpaper
      • system/priv-app/LG360Wallpaper
      • system/priv-app/LGEasyHome
      • system/priv-app/LGEmail
      • system/priv-app/LGExchange
      • system/priv-app/LGQHelpService
      • system/priv-app/LGVVM
      • system/priv-app/NameID
      • system/priv-app/TMO_MyAccount
      • system/priv-app/xtra_t_app
      • system/vendor/app/facebook-appmanager
      • system/vendor/overlay/com.lge.easyhome
      • system/vendor/overlay/com.lge.email
      • system/vendor/overlay/com.lge.exchange
      • system/vendor/overlay/com.lge.lgworld
      • system/vendor/overlay/com.lge.qhelp
      • system/vendor/overlay/com.lge.qhelp.application
      • system/vendor/overlay/com.lge.qmemoplus
    • For best results a clean flash is recommended for this package if you are not already running 20p Debloated
    • Format data, and remove any apps installed to external sd. Then wipe system, dalvik, cache, data, internal storage
    • This will ensure no lingering apps are left behind.
    • If coming from Nougat, Clean Flash is Highly Recommended
    • Wipe Dalvik, System, Data, Cache... then flash
    • If coming from previous Oreo Versions
    • Wipe Dalvik, Cache, and System, and optionally data and internal storage
    • If you do not perform a clean flash, you may need to manually remove the apps left behind after flashing
    • Flash h93220r_Debloated.zip
    • Reboot

DOWNLOADS
    Stable v1.0
    Project files are hosted on SourceForge

*************************************************************************************************************

Encryption Notes

In Android, a stock device will have it's data encrypted. Often when working in TWRP on an encrypted device, you will be greeted by prompt asking for a passcode in order to decrypt the device. Unless that port of TWRP has been written for your specific device and supports decryption, you will not be able to decrypt the data on your phone. If you cannot decrypt the data, then TWRP cannot mount system and/or other partitions it needs to mount in order to safely flash anything. In order to solve this problem, sadly, you have to format the data partition on your phone (losing all personal data accumulated on the internal storage, so back it all up manually) The steps for this process are Format Data in TWRP, Reboot to recovery (to mount partitions), then flash your rom and root. There are a few tools out there to disable force encryption on your device. See the Required section above for links for this device.

Packages have been successfully tested VIA the methods outlined above.
    If anyone has any issues with one or more of these packages, please let me know. Thank you!

-weakNPCdotCom​

XDA:DevDB Information
    [STOCK] h93220r, ROM for the LG V30

Contributors
    weakNPCdotCom
    Source Code: https://sourceforge.net/projects/t-mobile-v30-firmware/files/h932/20r/

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: 20r KDZ

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.0
    Stable Release Date: 2019-03-09

Created 2019-03-09
    Last Updated 2019-03-11
    Quick Update. the H93220s KDZ is using the new KDZ format. So it will take me a little more time to get packages out. I should hopefully have them done in the next couple days.
    -weak
    Just got my hands on the 20s KDZ. Ill have packages ready this weekend :)
    I only flashed bootloader and modem then I had no sound on lineage. And I flashed the 20p bootloader in twrp n idk if it even flashed because I still have no sound. And never heard of modem messing up sound. Someone in rr remix said they also had no sound so idk

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
    I'm confused about your obsession with the bootloader...

Why not flash the entire TWRP-FLASHABLE zip KDZ?

Oh NOW you mention custom ROM.

I thought your were on rooted stock firmware.

And yes, most of the Lineage ROMs can't yet handle the DTS stuff in the latest US998, VS996, H932 and other variants.

You have to go back to pre-DTS firmware to then install the non-stock custom ROMs.

Sent via open market LG US998 V30/V30+
    I've kept unencrypted up until now, too. I don't think it can be fixed easily, I just tested with the kdz and the same thing happens. Might toss up a warning in the op just so people know it might heppen.

there is a general note about encryption in the instructions section. if you want, I can do a debloated rom with an unmodified boot image. But i think the underlying problem with encryption might be a TWRP issue.