[STOCK] [H932] [30d] [Pie] T-Mobile LG V30 Stock Collection

Search This thread

Vuzeultra

Nov 1, 2017
The way to uninstall Magisk -- like to install a new version -- is to flash the Magisk uninstall file in TWRP. Then install new version.

What was your purpose?

If you wanted to go back to full stock for some reason, not be rooted, not have TWRP custom recovery, you would flash the KDZ in Dev Patched LGUP.

You got into Download mode before opening up LGUP? That's the best way. Get into Download mode first, THEN open up Dev Patched LGUP.

Also are you using the Pie compatible Dev Patched LGUP? It's the one with the devset.bat file and you open from desktop shortcut. It's NOT the one where you had to replace the .dll file manually.

If you're not sure, uninstall the LGUP and reinstall the one from any Pie KDZ thread, even the T-Mobile H932 Pie KDZ thread.

If that doesn't do anything, then someone with T-Mobile H932 will have to help you. This variant doesn't have normal fastboot flash commands.

I appreciate the help and just tried this version installed correctly.
My device is recognized during the bootloop, reaches 4% in LGUP and then reboots into download mode. Once in download mode it is unrecognizable by the PC "ERROR open port 0x200, Port open error (COM3)" failing the installation.

The download mode on the phone looks very empty, it says "Now waiting for any connection" and never changes. Below that shows "Unknown B74" which seems in increase in number, and shows "Unknown / E / L / R0".

I'm trying to flash H93230d. My phone is never recognized in LGUP while in download mode, only in bootloop.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 20200512_220349.jpg
    20200512_220349.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
My device is recognized during the bootloop, reaches 4% in LGUP and then reboots into download mode. Once in download mode it is unrecognizable by the PC "ERROR open port 0x200, Port open error (COM3)" failing the installation.

The download mode on the phone looks very empty, it says "Now waiting for any connection" and never changes. Below that shows "Unknown B74" which seems in increase in number, and shows "Unknown / E / L / R0".

I'm trying to flash H93230d. My phone is never recognized in LGUP while in download mode, only in bootloop.

Any suggestions?

I'm sorry this has happened to you. You will probably need assistance from experienced users who own the T-mobile H932. @TheDannemand?

You possibly still have TWRP, but will need to do the hardware "button dance" to get to it. It can be tricky and takes eye-hand coordination. In the last step you are saying YES you want to wipe your phone, but IF you have TWRP it actually boots to TWRP.

Power off your phone
Hold vol down + power.
When the LG logo appears, immediately release power (and ONLY power) and then immediately hold power again until you get the the factory reset screen.
You never let go of vol down until the factory reset screen appears. Once it appears, you can release both buttons.
Choose yes twice by using the vol down key and power to select.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDannemand

TheDannemand

Feb 12, 2008

Any suggestions?

I just read up on this. That really is too bad that uninstalling Magisk borked your phone like that. I cannot say why, but goes to show how sensitive the H932 can be. But also that trusting the Magisk installer to do right on every possible phone can be risky business. Better to clean flash in TWRP.

Good advice from ChazzMatt: Unless LGUP already overwrote TWRP during that partial flash, I think it's likely that TWRP is still there. And Button Dance is how to access it. I personally don't find it difficult at all, but many people do.

Alternatively you could boot into fastboot (PowerOff, hold VolDown while plugging in cable) then use the command fastboot reboot recovery. I believe that works on H932, although I am not sure.

I know you wanted to unroot, which is fine. But do NOT re-lock the bootloader in fastboot unless you are completely 100% stock. Once you do, the phone will verify boot chain integrity using RSA keys -- and you'll have a brick if anything has been modified.

*IF* you manage to get into TWRP, then your first business is to plug into the computer and back up anything important from internal storage.

Next (if you manage to get into TWRP) is to flash laf to make sure your Download Mode is intact. It sounded like you were on Oreo, in which case I would flash @weakNPCdotCom's StockLaf.zip from post #1 in the H932 20s thread. If you were on Pie, you should flash StockLaf.zip from post #1 of this thread.

Next you could restore a nandroid (TWRP backup) just system and boot partitions (not data) and hope that you can still get to your app data. But ideally I would do a TWRP factory wipe then a clean flash of stock ROM, either from this thread (if on Pie) or from the Oreo thread (linked above).

*IF* you manage to resuscitate your phone, I highly recommend to clean it up with a full LGUP flash of 10d: First Partition DL to straighten out the partition table, then Refurb. You can then update to Oreo or Pie either using LGUP KDZ or by using LG Bridge -- which always worked well for me on H932, although I realize it doesn't work for all models. LG Bridge also has a repair mode which re-installs the KDZ (and maybe does other cleanup).

As an aside, make sure you are using the latest LG USB drivers. And (as Chazz would point out) make sure to fully uninstall previous LGUP versions before installing another. Also, I know it sounds trivial, but Restart Windows to flush out gremlins. Shutdown does NOT actually reboot Windows, it merely hibernates and resumes the machine state.

I no longer have my H932, and when I did, I deliberately kept it on Oreo. My wife has an H932 and upgraded to Pie through OTA.

Good luck. Please keep us posted on your progress :)

Edit: Sorry, first version of this post was a mess, so please read it here and disregard the version in your email notification.

Last edited:

Vuzeultra

Nov 1, 2017
I just read up on this. That really is too bad that uninstalling Magisk borked your phone like that. I cannot say why, but goes to show how sensitive the H932 can be. But also that trusting the Magisk installer to do right on every possible phone can be risky business. Better to clean flash in TWRP.

Good advice from ChazzMatt: Unless LGUP already overwrote TWRP during that partial flash, I think it's likely that TWRP is still there. And Button Dance is how to access it. I personally don't find it difficult at all, but many people do.

Alternatively you could boot into fastboot (PowerOff, hold VolDown while plugging in cable) then use the command fastboot reboot recovery. I believe that works on H932, although I am not sure.

I know you wanted to unroot, which is fine. But do NOT re-lock the bootloader in fastboot unless you are completely 100% stock. Once you do, the phone will verify boot chain integrity using RSA keys -- and you'll have a brick if anything has been modified.

*IF* you manage to get into TWRP, then your first business is to plug into the computer and back up anything important from internal storage.

Next (if you manage to get into TWRP) is to flash laf to make sure your Download Mode is intact. It sounded like you were on Oreo, in which case I would flash @weakNPCdotCom's StockLaf.zip from post #1 in the H932 20s thread. If you were on Pie, you should flash StockLaf.zip from post #1 of this thread.

Next you could restore a nandroid (TWRP backup) just system and boot partitions (not data) and hope that you can still get to your app data. But ideally I would do a TWRP factory wipe then a clean flash of stock ROM, either from this thread (if on Pie) or from the Oreo thread (linked above).

*IF* you manage to resuscitate your phone, I highly recommend to clean it up with a full LGUP flash of 10d: First Partition DL to straighten out the partition table, then Refurb. You can then update to Oreo or Pie either using LGUP KDZ or by using LG Bridge -- which always worked well for me on H932, although I realize it doesn't work for all models. LG Bridge also has a repair mode which re-installs the KDZ (and maybe does other cleanup).

As an aside, make sure you are using the latest LG USB drivers. And (as Chazz would point out) make sure to fully uninstall previous LGUP versions before installing another. Also, I know it sounds trivial, but Restart Windows to flush out gremlins. Shutdown does NOT actually reboot Windows, it merely hibernates and resumes the machine state.

I no longer have my H932, and when I did, I deliberately kept it on Oreo. My wife has an H932 and upgraded to Pie through OTA.

Good luck. Please keep us posted on your progress :)

Edit: Sorry, first version of this post was a mess, so please read it here and disregard the version in your email notification.

Hi, I managed to get into fastboot, and is recognized on the PC. I don't know what to do from there. I tried installing TWRP through it, but it says " FAILED (remote: unknown command) "

Attachments

• 20200517_061401(1).jpg
    20200517_061401(1).jpg
    239 KB · Views: 61
  • 20200517_070650(1).jpg
    20200517_070650(1).jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 62

TheDannemand

Feb 12, 2008
Hi, I managed to get into fastboot, and is recognized on the PC. I don't know what to do from there. I tried installing TWRP through it, but it says " FAILED (remote: unknown command) "

You cannot use fastboot on H932 to flash TWRP. If you could, it would have been the easiest LG phone ever to root, since it also allows for super easy BL unlock. Instead it's the hardest to root, because fastboot is mostly useless and because it cannot be cross flashed.

As I wrote in my previous response, try fastboot reboot recovery. I believe H932 has that command, though I don't remember. The purpose of this would simply be to boot TWRP. If H932 doesn't have that command, you'll have to keep trying Button Dance; make sure phone is unplugged and powered off first; press and hold VolDown and Power for 8 secs to force power off.

If your TWRP was lost, then the above won't matter. But if you manage to get into TWRP, my last post has my suggestions.

Otherwise the only thing I can think of is to keep trying Download Mode with different USB cable, different USB port, different computer, re-installed USB drivers, re-installed LGUP, different LGUP versions... The fact that you are able to start flashing in LGUP indicates that Download Mode may be intact after all.

That's really all I can think of. A rooted H932 is a stool with three legs: TWRP, Download Mode, OS. Each can be used to recover in different ways. Even without root, Download Mode can be repaired through the OS. But if all three are lost or inaccessible, it's over :(

Reactions: ChazzMatt

Vuzeultra

Nov 1, 2017
You cannot use fastboot on H932 to flash TWRP. If you could, it would have been the easiest LG phone ever to root, since it also allows for super easy BL unlock. Instead it's the hardest to root, because fastboot is mostly useless and because it cannot be cross flashed.

As I wrote in my previous response, try fastboot reboot recovery. I believe H932 has that command, though I don't remember. The purpose of this would simply be to boot TWRP. If H932 doesn't have that command, you'll have to keep trying Button Dance; make sure phone is unplugged and powered off first; press and hold VolDown and Power for 8 secs to force power off.

If your TWRP was lost, then the above won't matter. But if you manage to get into TWRP, my last post has my suggestions.

Otherwise the only thing I can think of is to keep trying Download Mode with different USB cable, different USB port, different computer, re-installed USB drivers, re-installed LGUP, different LGUP versions... The fact that you are able to start flashing in LGUP indicates that Download Mode may be intact after all.

That's really all I can think of. A rooted H932 is a stool with three legs: TWRP, Download Mode, OS. Each can be used to recover in different ways. Even without root, Download Mode can be repaired through the OS. But if all three are lost or inaccessible, it's over :(

It doesn't seem like that command works.
When trying to enter TWRP through the button dance it says erasing and then reboots.
I guess that's the end for my little friend. I appreciate the help :good:

Attachments

• 20200519_221623(1).jpg
    20200519_221623(1).jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 20200519_222536(1).jpg
    20200519_222536(1).jpg
    283.9 KB · Views: 62

TheDannemand

Feb 12, 2008
It doesn't seem like that command works.
When trying to enter TWRP through the button dance it says erasing and then reboots.
I guess that's the end for my little friend. I appreciate the help :good:

Sorry to hear that.

So TWRP is gone for sure. You managed to complete Master Reset through Button Dance, which is good. But you're still not able to boot the OS after that, right?

But didn't you say you were able to do a partial flash in LGUP? If so Download Mode must be there. That's why I suggested you try different cables, USB port, computer. These often make a difference -- always much to the surprise of the user.

Whether it's worth your time, only you can say. Good luck either way :eek:

Edit: Another thought: Are you using the same computer as when you first rooted? Is it an AMD or Intel? I understand some AMD models are known not to work with LGUP.

Edit 2: Something else to try if the above fails, inspired by the post linked below: Find an OTA file (.up) newer than your current ROM, copy it to a folder named SoftwareUpdate on an SD card, put SD card in phone, try Master Reset again (in order to load stock recovery). Long shot, but worth a try.

https://xdaforums.com/lg-v30/development/lg-v30-att-h931-20f-rom-t3872926/post78283914

Last edited:

Vuzeultra

Nov 1, 2017
Sorry to hear that.

So TWRP is gone for sure. You managed to complete Master Reset through Button Dance, which is good. But you're still not able to boot the OS after that, right?

But didn't you say you were able to do a partial flash in LGUP? If so Download Mode must be there. That's why I suggested you try different cables, USB port, computer. These often make a difference -- always much to the surprise of the user.

Whether it's worth your time, only you can say. Good luck either way :eek:

Edit: Another thought: Are you using the same computer as when you first rooted? Is it an AMD or Intel? I understand some AMD models are known not to work with LGUP.

Edit 2: Something else to try if the above fails, inspired by the post linked below: Find an OTA file (.up) newer than your current ROM, copy it to a folder named SoftwareUpdate on an SD card, put SD card in phone, try Master Reset again (in order to load stock recovery). Long shot, but worth a try.

https://xdaforums.com/lg-v30/development/lg-v30-att-h931-20f-rom-t3872926/post78283914

I have tried tried different computers and cables. My v35 is recognized so I know it's my v30 at fault.

I'd like to try the .up method, but where do I find these files? Do I change the extension of a kdz or zip rom? I can't find .up anywhere

TheDannemand

Feb 12, 2008
I have tried tried different computers and cables. My v35 is recognized so I know it's my v30 at fault.

I'd like to try the .up method, but where do I find these files? Do I change the extension of a kdz or zip rom? I can't find .up anywhere

Understood (about the cables and all).

.up files are the actual OTA update files, not KDZ or ROM files. Search the V30 forum for H932 OTA files and see what you can find. Or try googling "H932 OTA files". These files are used when you force an update through LGUP FOTA mode (done inside the OS). But OTA updates were traditionally installed through recovery (although as ZIP files). Reading the post I linked (by @david.542569) I just wondered if that mechanism might still work, at least far enough to restore Download Mode.

A total long shot, but it's all I can think of at this point. Anybody else?

Last edited:
Reactions: Vuzeultra

azadarradaza

Mar 9, 2013
Minneapolis
Did a bad one..

I have a phone converted to us998 and have been running roms no problem, was having some service problems and am on TMO so I thought I would try flashing this.

Followed directions in post #5 up to formatting data rebooted to recovery and NADA, tried charging, buttons. She Dead.. I am running Linux at the moment and am assuming I'll need to set up a Virtualbox to make any headway. can anyone provide some info to get me started on potentially unbricking?

Going to order a pixel 3 in the meantime but can't live without that DAC in the car...

I did a quick lsusb and in fact have the good ol': 9008 Qualcomm, Inc. Gobi Wireless Modem (QDL mode)

Now accepting criticism...

Last edited:

TheDannemand

Feb 12, 2008
Did a bad one..

I have a phone converted to us998 and have been running roms no problem, was having some service problems and am on TMO so I thought I would try flashing this.

Followed directions in post #5 up to formatting data rebooted to recovery and NADA, tried charging, buttons. She Dead.. I am running Linux at the moment and am assuming I'll need to set up a Virtualbox to make any headway. can anyone provide some info to get me started on potentially unbricking?

Going to order a pixel 3 in the meantime but can't live without that DAC in the car...

I did a quick lsusb and in fact have the good ol': 9008 Qualcomm, Inc. Gobi Wireless Modem (QDL mode)

Now accepting criticism...

Ouch!

As you found, H932 firmware is completely incompatible with all the other V30 models, and vice versa. Different RSA keys. If you flash it on a BL locked phone, you have a brick; blown Qfuse or something. But maybe yours can be rescued, since you are BL unlocked (relaxed RSA checking for recovery, system and boot partitions), and since we have a firehose (for all models except H932). Let me find the thread for that and get back.

Don't be too hard on yourself: You know you made a mistake, we all make them from time to time :eek:

Edit: Check the thread linked below:

https://xdaforums.com/lg-v30/how-to/lg-v30-unbrick-guide-qualcomm-edl-9008-t4048661/post81725221

Last edited:
Reactions: tech_infinity

Septfox

Finally forced to flash this, since Edxposed development is dead and no longer passes Safetynet. Thanks, Google.

In case anyone else is flashing up from Oreo these days and finds thmselves with a busted/non-existent boot screen and System UI crashes upon boot: try not flashing everything at once. The only required thing to flash along with the ROM is no-encrypt (and that only if not using TWRP 3.2.1-2 or encryption isn't needed).

In my case, Magisk was causing the issue. Flashing the other stuff, booting the first time, then immediately going straight back to recovery and flashing Magisk finally allowed the phone to boot properly with root.

Hope this helps somebody.

callihn

Oct 14, 2012
LG has no bandwidth so be prepared to spend half the day just downloading the 2 KDZ files.

Is the 10h correct? I see it says it's for the H933. I'm assuming that's part of the plan.

Is this the most resent method?

The link for TWRP is not the newest version available for this device from what I see in the pie thread. Can we fix that?

Can the us998 firmware be flashed, anyone know?

What about my TWRP backup from a us998 data partition?

Any answers and help appreciated.

Thanks

callihn

Oct 14, 2012
I have also downloaded the H93310h_00_OPEN_CA_OP_1124.kdz file from two other separate sources and although the MD5 hash matches on both of those downloads it does not match the hash given on the LG link provided. What's going on with that?

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
The link for TWRP is not the newest version available for this device from what I see in the pie thread. Can we fix that?

Can the us998 firmware be flashed, anyone know?

What about my TWRP backup from a us998 data partition?

Any answers and help appreciated.

Thanks

Not on a T-Mobile H932. You will hard brick your phone.

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
I have also downloaded the H93310h_00_OPEN_CA_OP_1124.kdz file from two other separate sources and although the MD5 hash matches on both of those downloads it does not match the hash given on the LG link provided. What's going on with that?

Just to clarify, when rooting the T-Mobile H932 the only reason you would use the H933 firmware is to flash ONE partition -- the LAF partition, so you can install TWRP and then root. The only reason it doesn't hard brick your phone is because your bootloader is unlocked prior to that and the trust chain is relaxed to allow that one exception. If you accidentally flash the entire stock firmware of any model other than T-Mobile H932 on a T-Mobile H932 you will brick your phone.

The T-mobile H932 is the hardest of the V30 variants to root. You would be following these directions:

[ROOT] H932 - lafploit 1.5 up to v20a

Last edited:

callihn

Oct 14, 2012
Just to clarify, when rooting the T-Mobile H932 the only reason you would use the H933 firmware is to flash ONE partition -- the LAF partition, so you can install TWRP and then root. The only reason it doesn't hard brick your phone is because your bootloader is unlocked and the trust chain is relaxed to allow that one exception. If you accidentally flash the entire stock firmware of any model other than T-Mobile H932 on a T-Mobile H932 you will brick your phone.

The T-mobile H932 is the hardest of the V30 variants to root. You would be following these directions:

[ROOT] H932 - lafploit 1.5 up to v20a

Understood. Though the issue still remains, the file I mentioned has a different hash listed on that site than all the others and in fact after wasting 12 hours of my life downloading it from that LG site it did not match the hash they have listed there.

So any any working link that is usable for this purpose and actually has more bandwidth than than an ISDN would be greatly appreciated.

jluca98

Aug 27, 2013
Anyone know why I cannot use youtube after flashing this fullstock rom? I think it has something to do with webview because some other apps are not working either. They just load forever but never actually work its like they cannot access the internet. Youtube loading spins forever. Any ideas? I have tried vanced youtube and same issue.

EDIT: Fixed my issue. Noticed my camera was not working either. Flashed permissive fix in TWRP. Everything appears normal now including YouTube.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

T-Mobile V30 H932 30d (Pie) Stock Collection
    Based on OEM 30d KDZ. Extracted and Repacked.

DISCLAIMER

Proceed at your own risk. I am not responsible for any damage to your device.
    Flashing LAF WILL REMOVE TWRP from your laf partition and restore stock DL Mode
    Bins in these packages are unmodified and you may need to flash no-verity-opt-encrypt and rctd remover after to keep force-encryption away.

REQUIRED

TWRP on LAF or Recovery
    TWRP 3.2.3-7
    Latest Magisk Zip (if performing clean flash)
    Magisk
    @Zackptg5 Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_08.18.2019
    @JohnFawkes AK3 RCTD Remover
    Link to thread

FILE BREAKDOWN

None of these Zips flash the Recovery partition.
    Besides StockLAF, these Zips DO NOT flash the LAF partition.
    If you want to restore DL Mode and Stock LAF, you must flash the StockLAF package separately.
    • Bootloader: 30d Stock Bootloader ONLY
    • Modem: 30d Stock Modem ONLY
    • FullStock: Full 30d Stock Firmware Only (bootloader, modem, boot, system) - Instructions in Section A
    • StockLAF: Individual LAF image for returning to stock DL mode

Global Instructions
    • Always make a backup first
    • Zip has been tested VIA Clean AND Dirty Flash following the provided instructions
    • If device has been encrypted, see encryption notes at the bottom before continuing.

A - FullStock

• Copy All Zips to SDCard
    • Boot to TWRP.
    • Flash h93230d_FullStock.zip
    • Flash Magisk
    • Flash Disable DM-Verity Force Encrypt
    • Flash AK3 RCTD Remover
    • Reboot to system and install Magisk Manager (if not installed)

DOWNLOADS
    Stable v1.0
    Project files are hosted on SourceForge
    • Bootloader - md5:8ae313d033e883c60d8d4fea89f13c4e
    • Modem - md5:4ebf96eb1c8bafe06d96502d1558c324
    • FullStock ROM - md5:6bc9c4af2080003ff80587f98c2348e9
    • StockLAF - md5:799362769b0712a10818c0f26258efc2

*************************************************************************************************************

Encryption Notes

In Android, a stock device will have it's data encrypted. Often when working in TWRP on an encrypted device, you will be greeted by prompt asking for a passcode in order to decrypt the device. Unless that port of TWRP has been written for your specific device and supports decryption, you will not be able to decrypt the data on your phone. If you cannot decrypt the data, then TWRP cannot mount system and/or other partitions it needs to mount in order to safely flash anything. In order to solve this problem, sadly, you have to format the data partition on your phone (losing all personal data accumulated on the internal storage, so back it all up manually) The steps for this process are Format Data in TWRP, Reboot to recovery (to mount partitions), then flash your rom and root. There are a few tools out there to disable force encryption on your device. See the Required section above for links for this device.

FullStock has been tested VIA Clean AND Dirty Flash.
    If anyone has any issues with one or more of these packages, please let me know. Thank you!

-weakNPCdotCom​

XDA:DevDB Information
    [STOCK] H93230d, ROM for the LG V30

Contributors
    weakNPCdotCom
    Source Code: https://sourceforge.net/projects/t-mobile-v30-firmware/files/h932/30d/

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: 30d KDZ

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.0
    Stable Release Date: 2019-10-09

Created 2019-10-09
    Last Updated 2019-10-09
    Official FullStock Zip is now available.

DEBLOATED
    I will be working on a debloated zip in the near future (as soon as I can find a few hours to spare IRL).
    In the mean time, there is a trick for a "debloated" PIE install.
    1. Clean Flash 20r FullStock (unless you are already on it). Do not reboot.
    2. Flash 20r Debloated Image.
    3. Flash Magisk, and the RCTD Remover, Opt-Encrypt zips in the 20r thread.
    4. Reboot to system, (DO NOT UPDATE ANY APPS) and set things up the way you like them. If any system apps get updated, make sure you uninstall any updates for those apps before step 4
    5. Dirty flash 30d, Magisk, and the RCTD Remover and Disable DM-Verity zips in the 30d thread.
    The removed system apps should not be installed, and you should have a "debloated" version of 30d on your device.

When I dirty-flashed 30d coming from debloated Oreo, my system was still debloated with the exception of a couple google apps like Duo.

KNOWN ISSUES
    1. Broken Lock-Screen after Dirty Flash
    Solution = TWRP - Advanced - File Manager - data/system -> Delete lock/pattern settings .db files and gatekeeper files. Reboot and set your lock screen again. FP will not be lost.

Special thanks to:
    @ChazzMatt
    @immns
    @JohnFawkes
    @Zackptg5

and thanks for all the support from the xda-developers community.

Personal Update
    I have traded my H932 in for the OnePlus 7 Pro (which I am pretty happy with). I will continue to help create zip packages for the H932 in the near future. However, I will not be able to test those zips. Going forward, ill need some help with testing when updates come out, but I will do my best to continue creating packages for everyone.
    PUTTING THIS ON THE FRONT PAGE. From a post later in the thread.
    For those who want to dirty flash -- if you have no problems, good for you.
    If you find you need to clean flash in TWRP, then follow these steps:

TWRP-FLASHABLE NOTES:

Make sure you are using stable TWRP 3.2.3-7 from post #1.

a. Wipe Data – Factory Reset
    b. Install – set storage to the External SD (if you have a microSD card) OR drag necessary files over from PC once in TWRP.
    c. Flash the full stock zip.
    d. Install the latest stable Magisk zip. (This is to give the encryption disabler root privileges)
    e. Install @Zackptg5 Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_08.18.2019 (encryption disabler).
    f. Install @JohnFawkes AnyKernel 3 RCTD Remover (root checker disabler); this disables LG's firmware root checks, which may impede performance.
    g. FORMAT DATA (Select WIPE, then FORMAT DATA, then select yes.)
    Do NOT delete your OS, but you do need to FORMAT your data , not just "wipe" it this time. Otherwise you may get an encryption error when you boot up the first time. If you get any red mount errors, go back to the TWRP reboot menu and select reboot to recovery and try to FORMAT DATA again. Then, after successfully formatting...
    h. Reboot – "Reboot Recovery" from TWRP reboot menu (choose to reboot back to Recovery). Now that the data partition has been formatted, TWRP needs to reload the recovery partition for usage. If you skip this step, when Magisk is installed again below, it may think that /data is still encrypted and set "preserve force encryption". This is also a good sanity check that LG encryption has been removed from /data.
    i. Re-flash the latest stable Magisk zip again. (This is to make sure, due to Pie changes.)
    j. Reboot – to System (NOW you are finally rebooting your phone! Until now this whole section has been done within TWRP.)

STRONG SUGGESTION: After successfully doing all this, when you finally boot back to LG Pie, install an app like this to easily facilitate rebooting to TWRP recovery in the future: Recovery Reboot. Allow it root privileges when asked by Magisk and put icon shortcut on your desktop.

PdcL_Csf1hBgDNE-iTJcJPeZiclsI7p-M8XiDLJtkqd0Dc4DyYeijitHwYAWjmf55hUN=s180-rw
    @ChazzMatt I cannot find a newer RCTD disabler release than 2017.
    @JohnFawkes recently made root check remover for us.

@Zackptg5made the new encryption disabler.

See attachments at this link for both new encryption disabler and root check remover:

https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=79972563&postcount=107

Also here's @JohnFawkes thread link:
    https://xdaforums.com/lg-v30/development/stock-anykernel-3-rctd-remover-t3953692
    so people can download themselves if they wish.

In most posts I include both attachment, credit and thread link when possible.
    @ChazzMatt and @mattgyver thank you guys for providing some extended support here. I appreciate it.

Sadly, I don't anticipate having time to cook a debloated rom any time soon. Been crazy busy irl and have since moved on to the OP7 Pro.

If I do manage to find time where I have nothing to do, ill try to cook one up, but I can't make any promises