Recognized Dev / Inactive Recognized Contributor
- Jun 23, 2010
Official stock Android 6.0 Marshmallow 20i files for the T-Mobile LG G4 H811 variant only. Included below: TWRP-flashable stock rom, boot, modem and bootloader zips. Stock 20i KDZ and individual images are also included.
1. *AntiRollback / QFuse V2* Safe to downgrade to 10N only.
2. Marshmallow bootloader requires bootloader unlock via fastboot
You must have TWRP 2.8.7+ installed to use these zip files. Thanks to Dees_Troy as always for that. Or you need LGUP installed to flash the KDZ in download mode.
You can install stock 20i M with zip files in TWRP or flashing a KDZ in LGUP or LG Bridge. Due to the new 20i bootloader fastboot oem unlock requirements there is almost no benefit in using one method over the other.. both KDZ or ZIP upgrade methods work. If coming from Lollipop there is no way to retain TWRP or root since the new bootloader has a new unlock method.
To flash via zip in TWRP:
1. Download LG-H81120i-Flashable.COMPLETE.zip place it on internal or external sdcard (external preferred).
2. (re)Boot into TWRP if not there already.
3.* Backup current partitions: boot, system, data, efs to external sdcard if possible (optional but suggested)
4.* Up to you if you want to wipe data (TWRP > Wipe > Swipe slider) but not needed if coming from a stock rom.
5. Install LG-H81120i-Flashable.COMPLETE.zip (Install > select zip > swipe to confirm/flash)
6. After zip finishes you can reboot into M! (if TWRP asks if you want to install SU, HIT NO!!!)
7. If you want root or TWRP follow the bootloader unlock directions in the next section below.
To flash via KDZ:
1. Easiest way to flash the KDZ is just using the official LG Bridge tool. You can grab it for Windows or Mac HERE
2. Alternative to LG Bridge is downloading the 20i KDZ yourself from the Codefire directory link further below then following the LGUP thread HERE for a how-to on KDZ flashing. .
3. If you want root or TWRP follow the bootloader unlock directions in the next section below.
Bootloader OEM Unlock + Root:
Starting with the Android 6.0 20i bootloader it has to be unlocked, sorta like a Nexus, with fastboot. Previously only 'OEM Unlock' had to be toggled in Android Developer settings for TWRP or custom boot images to work.
1. Flash stock 20i using zip or KDZ. Boot into Android after upgrade to 20i.
2. Download the twrp-184.108.40.206-h811.img file HERE. This file needs to be on your computer and external sdcard*.
3. Download the latest SuperSu zip (2.67+) from HERE [Thanks to Chainfire] and stick on external sdcard*.
4. Confirm "OEM Unlock" is set to enabled in the hidden Developer Settings.
5. Enable "USB Debugging" in Developer Settings, connect USB cable PC <-> Phone... and send the following 3 commands in command prompt/terminal:
6. For perm TWRP: In TWRP hit Install > Images... (bottom right corner) > select TWRP.img on ext sdcard > select "recovery" > swipe.Code:
adb reboot bootloader (phone reboots to bootloader) fastboot oem unlock (this wipes ALL data!!) fastboot boot twrp-220.127.116.11-h811.img (phone boots TWRP)
7. If you want root: Hit the Home button > Install > select SuperSU zip on external sdcard > swipe.
8. All done. Reboot into Android. (if TWRP asks if you want to install SU, HIT NO!!!)
*if you do not have an external sdcard to save SuperSU and the TWRP.img onto.. you will need to skip saving the files to sdcard until AFTER you fastboot OEM unlock and boot into TWRP. After fastboot booting TWRP you can use adb push to put SuperSU and TWRP.img onto the internal sdcard to install with TWRP. Or you can use the MTP mount option in TWRP and drag n' drop the files from the computer to the phone. You cannot store the files on the internal sdcard before the OEM unlock because OEM unlock wipes all you data.
Please do not mirror my files!
100% stock untouched system, boot, modem and bootloader.
This is a flashable stock 20i modem.
This is a flashable stock 20i boot.img. Boot.img contains kernel + dtb + ramdisk.
This is a flashable stock 20i bootloader. It contains aboot, factory, hyp, laf, pmic, raw_resources, rpm, sbl1, sdi, sec and tz. If you have not already unlocked the bootloader through fastboot on 20i or higher... you will need to run stock LG M to unlock before using the M bootloader on CM or AOSP roms.
Also, KDZ + all stock images for 20i are available in the link below...
Click button below to view MD5 for each file...
MD5 (aboot.img) = 1d46ac119f89e48bb5c7d412a01eaf70
MD5 (boot.img) = 01ae6bd65523428567cbd5e012b1fef7
MD5 (factory.img) = 6e2d5a6f596befbb9b4a6852712b0c6c
MD5 (H81120i_00_0201.kdz) = 21b011e8b0410b64336c40bf6817f32a
MD5 (hyp.img) = 2c633be343054a300e4c161158762db3
MD5 (laf.img) = c7b4b2e478ce4749089d07de3a0be823
MD5 (LG-H81120i-Flashable.Boot.zip) = bfa2f1b8cbb9a55af23be7ac080c1ea4
MD5 (LG-H81120i-Flashable.Bootloader.zip) = 527bb58d7f9fcbaa383c6b4500d91424
MD5 (LG-H81120i-Flashable.COMPLETE.zip) = bf9d74bb603063e3e45549e1cfef9c4d
MD5 (LG-H81120i-Flashable.Modem.zip) = 3509dda24c85cb60c07d5818823e9524
MD5 (modem.img) = 7e67c715f70b5b6d797a2c6c71247279
MD5 (persist.img) = 451427e31a42ff055adeb7364b9b927d
MD5 (pmic.img) = 27949a20917c61f9fbb296178565b4b1
MD5 (raw_resources.img) = 43d74c6229d6e4ac851844ce8933c0c7
MD5 (rct.img) = 03e489583925004bab373b4fd71ab251
MD5 (recovery.img) = 41c1d13acd617d882e8f8ac678ce3b94
MD5 (rpm.img) = 3f1c59968b8c798fbb664cd279076deb
MD5 (sbl1.img) = a7ee1a6e3370917b6b57e927b337a83e
MD5 (sdi.img) = df16bace89164b4a8ad224fb0ca4f4c8
MD5 (sec.img) = e1d32ec012c59dd9020687ea71241d1a
MD5 (system.img) = d1f18956219cfe75d0732d1ce7be31ea
MD5 (tz.img) = 0088536b7dbf8013fb49055db5410a7f
To downgrade you can use TWRP to restore your backups... and then just flash the matching bootloader zip and modem zip from my previous threads... or just check the CODEFIRE DIRECTORY link for previous stock files.
Use LGUP HERE to flash a previous KDZ version. KDZ will remove TWRP but easy enough to reinstall that.
y u quote OP?
Follow me on twitter for future updates on LG-related things - twitter.com/@utoprime
Find this thread helpful? Like getting M ASAP? Enjoy flashable zips? Hit the Thanks button!
Feeling extra generous? Hit the Donate button under my name in post #2 or click my name at the top of this post.
Seems XDA removed the visible Donate button in OP. Thanks XDA...
Thank you to the following people for their donation: