Recognized Dev / Inactive Recognized Contributor
- Jun 23, 2010
This thread is for the D855 variants. Files are from software version 30B (Android 6.0 Marshmallow).
Included below: TWRP-flashable stock rom, boot and modem zips. KDZ and individual images are also included.
*There is NO anti-rollback qfuse used in this update so downgrading is still possible. See below for more downgrade info.
Please do not mirror files!
y u quote OP?
You must have TWRP 2.8.7+ installed to use these files. Thanks to Dees_Troy as always for that.
Best to already be rooted and have TWRP installed while on Android 4.x - 5.x then flash the zips in this thread to update to a rooted stock Marshmallow. It has been reported that 30B can be temp-rooted with Kingroot 4.6.5. So you COULD flash the 30B KDZ, temp-root with Kingroot and then read my long/annoying post here to perm root http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=64626209&postcount=529 . *update on root* With the info I provided in the previous sentence.. AutoRec for D855 has been updated for Marshmallow 30B.
These directions should be used by everyone who wants a rooted 30B system. Don't want root? Then it's probably easiest to just flash the stock KDZ.
Before beginning it is suggested to backup your EFS in TWRP then save it to an external SD card or the cloud or your PC etc etc...
1. D/L 30B boot(V2), modem (Hybrid) and system zips along with SuperSu 2.52 and place on internal storage.
(Thanks to Chainfire for SuperSu and thanks to msubhani for confirming 2.52 works)
2. (Re)boot into TWRP. Backup current partitions: boot, system, data, efs. Press home button.
3. If coming from 100% stock Lollipop then a factory reset is optional.
COMING FROM ANY OTHER ROM needs a factory reset [Wipe button > swipe slider]
4. Install modem, boot, system and SuperSu zips (in that order!)
[Install button > select modem > Add zip > select boot > Add zip > system > Add zip > SuperSu > swipe to confirm]
All done.. time to reboot back into Android. (if TWRP asks if you want to install SU, no!)
Any issues with apps crashing etc after boot up may require a factory reset in TWRP for a fresh install of M.
Any issues with no root after flashing all 4 zips... boot back into TWRP and just reflash SuperSu zip.
100% stock untouched system. Also comes with cust partition. MD5 = e10f135e92d5246370ea6f5b8d36c6e5
This is a hybrid 30B modem, rpm and tz zip with parts from 21A and 30B. 100% 30B modem does not yet work with Bump-compatible bootloaders so the option is to use this hybrid modem or use a Lollipop modem. Original 30B modem is still available in the Codefire Directory link further below if needed. Also HERE is the 21A modem/rpm/tz combo just in case you don't want to use the hybrid.
This is a flashable stock 30B boot.img. Boot.img contains kernel + dtb + ramdisk. I repacked this to make some things work then Bump'd it. Thanks to Codefire for BUMP.
KDZ, stock images, flashable zips and all other 30B-related files available here.
30B KDZ Mirror
1. Use LGUP HERE to flash a previous KDZ version. The LGUP thread assumes you have a G4... so instead of downloading the "8992 DLL use the DLL installer LGUP_8974_DLL_Ver_0_5_CODEFIRE.MSI HERE instead.
2. Restore your TWRP backups. Depending on your TWRP build it may or may not backup modem. If it does not and you flashed the 30B modem you will have to find a Lollipop modem zip elsewhere. All versions of TWRP should backup Boot, system and data.. so only other variable is modem/rpm/tz.
3. Use LG Flash + TOT + NEW DLL HERE to downgrade. I think LGUP is the better option tho... LGUP can flash both KDZ and TOT and doesn't care which COM port it's using.
Follow me on twitter for future updates on LG-related things - twitter.com/@utoprime
Find this thread helpful? Enjoy getting M ASAP? Enjoy the ability to keep root? Hit the Thanks button!
Feeling extra generous? Hit the Donate button under my name in post #2 or click my name at the top of this post.
Seems XDA removed the visible Donate button in OP. Thanks XDA...