[STOCK][Marshmallow] D855 30B KDZ + Flashable Zips (system+boot+modem+root)[UPDATED!]

Search This thread

autoprime

Recognized Developer / Inactive Recognized Contrib
Jun 23, 2010
Pg7TUNH.png

This thread is for the D855 variants. Files are from software version 30B (Android 6.0 Marshmallow).
Included below: TWRP-flashable stock rom, boot and modem zips. KDZ and individual images are also included.

*There is NO anti-rollback qfuse used in this update so downgrading is still possible. See below for more downgrade info.

Please do not mirror files!

Requirements:
You must have TWRP 2.8.7+ installed to use these files. Thanks to Dees_Troy as always for that.
Best to already be rooted and have TWRP installed while on Android 4.x - 5.x then flash the zips in this thread to update to a rooted stock Marshmallow. It has been reported that 30B can be temp-rooted with Kingroot 4.6.5. So you COULD flash the 30B KDZ, temp-root with Kingroot and then read my long/annoying post here to perm root http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=64626209&postcount=529 . *update on root* With the info I provided in the previous sentence.. AutoRec for D855 has been updated for Marshmallow 30B.

Install Directions:
These directions should be used by everyone who wants a rooted 30B system. Don't want root? Then it's probably easiest to just flash the stock KDZ.

Before beginning it is suggested to backup your EFS in TWRP then save it to an external SD card or the cloud or your PC etc etc...

1. D/L 30B boot(V2), modem (Hybrid) and system zips along with SuperSu 2.52 and place on internal storage.
(Thanks to Chainfire for SuperSu and thanks to msubhani for confirming 2.52 works)
2. (Re)boot into TWRP. Backup current partitions: boot, system, data, efs. Press home button.
3. If coming from 100% stock Lollipop then a factory reset is optional.
COMING FROM ANY OTHER ROM needs a factory reset [Wipe button > swipe slider]
4. Install modem, boot, system and SuperSu zips (in that order!)
[Install button > select modem > Add zip > select boot > Add zip > system > Add zip > SuperSu > swipe to confirm]
All done.. time to reboot back into Android. (if TWRP asks if you want to install SU, no!)

Any issues with apps crashing etc after boot up may require a factory reset in TWRP for a fresh install of M.
Any issues with no root after flashing all 4 zips... boot back into TWRP and just reflash SuperSu zip.

Downloads:
LG-D85530B-Flashable.System.zip
100% stock untouched system. Also comes with cust partition. MD5 = e10f135e92d5246370ea6f5b8d36c6e5
Mirror here.

LG-D85530B-Flashable.Modem.RPM.TZ-AutoHybrid.zip
This is a hybrid 30B modem, rpm and tz zip with parts from 21A and 30B. 100% 30B modem does not yet work with Bump-compatible bootloaders so the option is to use this hybrid modem or use a Lollipop modem. Original 30B modem is still available in the Codefire Directory link further below if needed. Also HERE is the 21A modem/rpm/tz combo just in case you don't want to use the hybrid.

LG-D85530B-Flashable.Boot-AutoV2.zip
This is a flashable stock 30B boot.img. Boot.img contains kernel + dtb + ramdisk. I repacked this to make some things work then Bump'd it. Thanks to Codefire for BUMP.

CODEFIRE DIRECTORY
KDZ, stock images, flashable zips and all other 30B-related files available here.

30B KDZ Mirror

Downgrade/Revert:
1. Use LGUP HERE to flash a previous KDZ version. The LGUP thread assumes you have a G4... so instead of downloading the "8992 DLL use the DLL installer LGUP_8974_DLL_Ver_0_5_CODEFIRE.MSI HERE instead.

2. Restore your TWRP backups. Depending on your TWRP build it may or may not backup modem. If it does not and you flashed the 30B modem you will have to find a Lollipop modem zip elsewhere. All versions of TWRP should backup Boot, system and data.. so only other variable is modem/rpm/tz.

3. Use LG Flash + TOT + NEW DLL HERE to downgrade. I think LGUP is the better option tho... LGUP can flash both KDZ and TOT and doesn't care which COM port it's using.
y u quote OP?

Follow me on twitter for future updates on LG-related things - twitter.com/@utoprime

Find this thread helpful? Enjoy getting M ASAP? Enjoy the ability to keep root? Hit the Thanks button!
Feeling extra generous? Hit the Donate button under my name in post #2 or click my name at the top of this post.
Seems XDA removed the visible Donate button in OP. Thanks XDA...

#TEAMCODEFIRE

Last edited:

autoprime

Recognized Developer / Inactive Recognized Contrib
Jun 23, 2010
CM devs have already got their hands on this to grab the blobs for CM13! http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/q/topic:g3_M_blobs

Currently the new 30B modem doesn't mesh with the downgraded bootstack which is needed for BUMP. Current fix is to keep the hybrid modem I linked in the above post or using the 21A or 21C modems... I've also linked 21A modem/tz/rpm above so you won't have to hunt for everything. Everything required should be in this thread somewhere.

I plan on poking the modem stuff more once I can get an M build for my G3 version.

Last edited:

iam_delan0

Jan 21, 2014
Goa
First of all thanks a lot for the zips :D

Just one question, in the instructions its says 'Flash FULL 30B ZIP', does that mean all the zips or just the System? I have this doubt because the bootloader is new so we cant use bump on the new bootloader right?

Javierinnn

Sep 20, 2007
Gijon
These are for the D855 variant only. Files are from software version 30B (Android 6.0 Marshmallow).
Included below: TWRP-flashable stock rom, boot, modem and bootloader zips. KDZ and individual images are also included.

*There is NO anti-rollback qfuse used in this update... you can downgrade using LGUP HERE.

y u quote OP?
Hi, does it matter which order we flash these zips?

Reactions: uphall

Darkje

Oct 31, 2008
i got a good security error :(

So if i want a fresh install: (after backup)

i flash:
LG-D85530B-Flashable.Modem.RPM.TZ.zip
LG-D85530B-Flashable.Boot.zip

then reboot recovery ( i get a error that no OS is installed? ?? )

Then flash SU
and if needed the sharpening fix

Last edited:

donjamal

Jan 25, 2010
i got a good security error :(

So if i want a fresh install: (after backup)

i flash:
LG-D85530B-Flashable.Modem.RPM.TZ.zip
LG-D85530B-Flashable.Boot.zip

then reboot recovery ( i get a error that no OS is installed? ?? )

Then flash SU
and if needed the sharpening fix

i did not reboot into recovery after flashing the rom images (system, modem and boot) but just pressed home in twrp and then i continued flashing as per instructions and seems to be booting at the moment.

Darkje

Oct 31, 2008
i only get security errors....

boot certification faild.

could it be because i flash it over fulmics

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Pg7TUNH.png

This thread is for the D855 variants. Files are from software version 30B (Android 6.0 Marshmallow).
    Included below: TWRP-flashable stock rom, boot and modem zips. KDZ and individual images are also included.

*There is NO anti-rollback qfuse used in this update so downgrading is still possible. See below for more downgrade info.

Requirements:
    You must have TWRP 2.8.7+ installed to use these files. Thanks to Dees_Troy as always for that.
    Best to already be rooted and have TWRP installed while on Android 4.x - 5.x then flash the zips in this thread to update to a rooted stock Marshmallow. It has been reported that 30B can be temp-rooted with Kingroot 4.6.5. So you COULD flash the 30B KDZ, temp-root with Kingroot and then read my long/annoying post here to perm root http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=64626209&postcount=529 . *update on root* With the info I provided in the previous sentence.. AutoRec for D855 has been updated for Marshmallow 30B.

Install Directions:
    These directions should be used by everyone who wants a rooted 30B system. Don't want root? Then it's probably easiest to just flash the stock KDZ.

Before beginning it is suggested to backup your EFS in TWRP then save it to an external SD card or the cloud or your PC etc etc...

1. D/L 30B boot(V2), modem (Hybrid) and system zips along with SuperSu 2.52 and place on internal storage.
    (Thanks to Chainfire for SuperSu and thanks to msubhani for confirming 2.52 works)
    2. (Re)boot into TWRP. Backup current partitions: boot, system, data, efs. Press home button.
    3. If coming from 100% stock Lollipop then a factory reset is optional.
    COMING FROM ANY OTHER ROM needs a factory reset [Wipe button > swipe slider]
    4. Install modem, boot, system and SuperSu zips (in that order!)
    [Install button > select modem > Add zip > select boot > Add zip > system > Add zip > SuperSu > swipe to confirm]
    All done.. time to reboot back into Android. (if TWRP asks if you want to install SU, no!)

Any issues with apps crashing etc after boot up may require a factory reset in TWRP for a fresh install of M.
    Any issues with no root after flashing all 4 zips... boot back into TWRP and just reflash SuperSu zip.

Downloads:
    100% stock untouched system. Also comes with cust partition. MD5 = e10f135e92d5246370ea6f5b8d36c6e5
    Mirror here.

LG-D85530B-Flashable.Modem.RPM.TZ-AutoHybrid.zip
    This is a hybrid 30B modem, rpm and tz zip with parts from 21A and 30B. 100% 30B modem does not yet work with Bump-compatible bootloaders so the option is to use this hybrid modem or use a Lollipop modem. Original 30B modem is still available in the Codefire Directory link further below if needed. Also HERE is the 21A modem/rpm/tz combo just in case you don't want to use the hybrid.

LG-D85530B-Flashable.Boot-AutoV2.zip
    This is a flashable stock 30B boot.img. Boot.img contains kernel + dtb + ramdisk. I repacked this to make some things work then Bump'd it. Thanks to Codefire for BUMP.

CODEFIRE DIRECTORY
    KDZ, stock images, flashable zips and all other 30B-related files available here.

30B KDZ Mirror

Downgrade/Revert:
    1. Use LGUP HERE to flash a previous KDZ version. The LGUP thread assumes you have a G4... so instead of downloading the "8992 DLL use the DLL installer LGUP_8974_DLL_Ver_0_5_CODEFIRE.MSI HERE instead.

2. Restore your TWRP backups. Depending on your TWRP build it may or may not backup modem. If it does not and you flashed the 30B modem you will have to find a Lollipop modem zip elsewhere. All versions of TWRP should backup Boot, system and data.. so only other variable is modem/rpm/tz.

3. Use LG Flash + TOT + NEW DLL HERE to downgrade. I think LGUP is the better option tho... LGUP can flash both KDZ and TOT and doesn't care which COM port it's using.
    y u quote OP?

Follow me on twitter for future updates on LG-related things - twitter.com/@utoprime

Find this thread helpful? Enjoy getting M ASAP? Enjoy the ability to keep root? Hit the Thanks button!
    Feeling extra generous? Hit the Donate button under my name in post #2 or click my name at the top of this post.
    Seems XDA removed the visible Donate button in OP. Thanks XDA...

#TEAMCODEFIRE
    Hi, Finally i found the root solution and enjoying my rom with full root TB worked also follow the instructions below;

1. Reboot to twrp
    2. Full wipe (data, system, cache, delvik cache)
    3. Flash system zip
    4. Flash boot zip
    5. Flash https://mega.nz/#!gxtwVBwZ!41S8Woy2y24EM7_EIimTu6dM146xBHhK4gcGooK7OIo permissive zip (most important part don't forget to flash this)
    6. Flash betasupersu 2.52 https://mega.nz/#!F8E02RyC!XeJhx4QZHt3fAVt4z8d9UqUqcXBzVbVd14ccRYHbNKg ( no other version worked only this version worked)
    7. Flash sharpening mod 3.5 and reboot system from recovery or sharpening mod which you want.

Now enjoy your rooted mm..
    Happy new year

Hit thanks if my instructions work.
    CM devs have already got their hands on this to grab the blobs for CM13! http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/q/topic:g3_M_blobs

Currently the new 30B modem doesn't mesh with the downgraded bootstack which is needed for BUMP. Current fix is to keep the hybrid modem I linked in the above post or using the 21A or 21C modems... I've also linked 21A modem/tz/rpm above so you won't have to hunt for everything. Everything required should be in this thread somewhere.

I plan on poking the modem stuff more once I can get an M build for my G3 version.
    dude NO! don't give users wrong info. AutoRec is for Lollipop ONLY and will result in a brick if tried on Marshmallow. It has been stated many times in multiple threads and even on the playstore description of the app itself. Every user that has tired it on MM is brick

not that I don't believe you... but are there posts showing users getting bricked after trying autorec? and when you say "bricked"... since the G3 is unbrickable... do you mean they end up in "QHSUSB_DLOAD 9008" mode where they can just reflash TOT partitions with LG DIAG Tool... or what?

autorec simply flashes a downgraded aboot.img (bootloader), laf.img (download mode) and flashes TWRP. the downgraded aboot.img is what gives everyone the ability to use BUMP. laf.img is downgraded because for download mode to work aboot and laf need to match the same version (10L, 20C etc).

if on stock 30B kdz with temp root... I would have assumed one could run autorec (I personally just flash everything manually but people love 1-click tools that don't explain how they work) to downgrade aboot/laf allowing BUMP ability again. Problem is... another part of the puzzle to get stock kernel/boot.img actually booting after the downgraded aboot from AutoRec... the stock boot.img needs to be bump'd because the new boot.img signatures from L and M aren't what the downgraded aboot.img is expecting... it wants an old KK-style signature or it wants BUMP... so BUMP it is. Anyway... due to stock boot.img not being BUMP'd by AutoRec the phone would not be able to boot into Android BUTTTTT AutoRec also flashed TWRP and the user should be able to boot into TWRP and then flash my modem-hybrid, bootv2 and the SuperSu 2.52 zips for perm root.

Not sure there is a way to keep perm root if not flashing my repacked boot.img... so if you're on 30B KDZ and want root.. it's very possible you'll need to do the AutoRec steps for the ability to run custom boot.img's. So if this is true... I'm not really sure why anyone would try to take the 30B KDZ THEN try to root/twrp... vs having that all sorted before stepping up to M. Of course.. there may be a way to root 30B KDZ flashers without a custom boot.img.... but until I'm able to get M on my own G3 (D851) I'm unable to test things and have to go completely by what's reported in this thread. :eek: ;)

SO.. I'm curious if people on 30B KDZ using AutoRec actually checked to see if they could boot into TWRP... of if they just couldn't boot back into Android (due to lack of BUMP'd boot.img) and assumed the phone was bricked. If someone can confirm that even TWRP doesn't work and the phone actually is bricked... then that would mean that the downgraded aboot.img does not like the 30B sbl1 and dbi partitions... which would mean that in addition to downgrading aboot and laf... users would have to also downgrade sbl1 and dbi. But again... until I can confirm that users are actually bricking after AutoRec and not just failing to boot into Android.. those extra steps may not even be needed.

AutoRec funny business aside... the steps below will guarantee permanent root for those on 30B with no TWRP....

The manual steps to downgrade bootloader would be to download the aboot, dbi, laf and sbl1 images from here - http://downloads.codefi.re/autoprime/LG/LG_G3/D855/stock_partitions/10A_16G
    (Ignore that the folder says 16G.. it'll work for both 16 and 32GB users)

Also grab TWRP from here - https://dl.twrp.me/d855/

And also grab the bootv2, modem-hybrid and supersu 2.52 zips from the OP.

Place all 5 .img files + 3 zips on your internal storage

Code:
    adb shell
    su
    dd if=/sdcard/4-aboot.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot
    dd if=/sdcard/12-laf.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/laf
    dd if=/sdcard/2-sbl1.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/sbl1
    dd if=/sdcard/3-dbi.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/dbi
    dd if=/sdcard/twrp-2.8.7.0-d855.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery

at that point you have downgraded the entire bootstack and installed twrp. you can now reboot into TWRP by typing : "reboot recovery" into the adb shell you still have open (no quotes).

Once in TWRP you can flash the bootv2, modem-hybrid and supersu zips. You should have a rooted 30B at that point.
    Seems like the long way for perm root on 30B tho... KDZ flashes are for those who don't want root (or I guess also for people who like to do things the long way). ;)

Hopefully this helps someone out there. If someone feels this info can help someone else out.. link them to this post rather than giving them just the steps for a fix.. maybe a few will learn some things :good:

(i'm not saying it's impossible to root 30B without touching bootloader/boot.img... but until someone has a breakthrough the only way for perm root at the moment would be the steps described above).
    ok I have some new files to test. depending on results some of the files may be added to the first or second post.

thanks to @msubhani for pointing out that Chainfire's SuperSu 2.52 works with 30B. Based on that I made a new kernel/boot.img that may knock some steps out of the total process as well as make root work 100% of the time. I'm not really sure why SuperSu 2.65 is working for some but not others.

Ok so now instead of flashing my repacked boot zip + permissive zip + super su + sharpening zip... I have a new boot zip that combines everything into 1... and pre-bump'd...

so new steps are: flash system zip, flash the new V2 boot zip then Chainfire's SuperSu 2.52 zip... all done.

Anyway.. the reason the new boot zip is a "test".. I do not have this model D855 and I'm only 95% sure everything has been changed correctly so I will need to have y'all let me know if it boots or not. If there's a security boot error then I somehow bump'd it wrong and that should be an EZ fix.

Also in the folder are some new test modem zips. I made some hybrid modems for debugging purposes and need some users to flash all 4 of them and report back which modem did what. at least 1 modem should work and at least 1 modem should not work (sim error, no network). *thanks to @silvbm for testing* The test proves that inside of the modem.img... the reason for the network issues (as assumed) is ONLY the modem bits but not the other bits inside the modem.img (tzapps, wifi drivers etc). Seems the Android 4.x aboot.img (needed for bump) and the Android 6.x modem have some differences in them that don't agree. Maybe there will be another fix in the near future...

...but for now I think I will have people use "TEST B" from the set of 4 modems. TEST B is using the 21A modem bits from inside the modem while using 30B tzapp and 30B driver modem bits... while also using the newest 30B RPM and TZ. This way you're getting the downgraded modem bits so you can keep TWRP/Bump while also getting the newer tz apps drivers and rpm/tz.

as an alternative I'll also be linking to a 21A modem with 100% 21A modem.img bits along with 21A tz and 21A RPM.

Still need someone to test the new MSI file I have put together. It gets used with LGUP. Some said they were unable to downgrade after flashing the new 30B KDZ... try the new MSI file in the test link above to see if that fixes anything. If you get an error when you install it about something already being installed.. go to your Add/Remove Programs section in Windows and remove LGUP_8974 then reinstall my new MSI file then try LGUP. Can't promise it will work... again.. this is a test.

All updated files from this test post will be added to the OP shortly... thanks again.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone