• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Stock Nexus One Froyo OTA Links (All Versions w/ instructions) | Latest:FRF91

Search This thread

kemkem42

Oct 31, 2009
Hi there

I'm preparing to use a manual update to FRF91 from ERE27

OTA has failed (maybe because of root)
(my previous post here)

Is applying manual update is risky when your device has been rooted (modaco superboot) ?

moreandroid

Jun 19, 2010
Update frustration!

Hopefully someone can help me cause this is getting frustrating! The other day I received the update and it crash my phone. After getting it back online, it said that my system was up to date but was still running FRF50.

I call Google and she said I would have to do a manual update and sent me to a site where I downloaded FRF91 from FRF50.zip.

I found the following instructions and I still can't get it to work!

Instructions:

1. Download the update from one of the links above.
Check
2. Rename the file to update.zip. Note that if you're using Windows, just rename it to "update" (no quotes, of course) because it's already a zipped file.
Check
3. Copy the update.zip file onto your microSD card.
Check
4. With your Nexus One off, hold down the trackball and press the power button.
Check
5. You'll be booted into a white screen with three Android robots on skateboards. Select "Bootloader."
Check
6. On the next screen, select "Recovery."
Check
7. Your phone will reboot, giving you a picture of the Android robot and an exclamation point inside a triangle.
This is where things get messed up. I do not see a Android Robot or a exclamation point inside a triangle. I get the Nexus One "X" and the padlock. It then opens the Android Recovery System and I don't know what to do from there.
8. Now press the power button and volume up button at the same time. It could take a couple of tries.
9. Now (using the trackball this time) choose "Apply sdcard:update.zip" and let things run their course.

Anyone know how I can get through steps 8 and 9 to get this thing finally updated?

Thank you in advance

vomer

Nov 21, 2008
This is really strange. Does it let you apply or search for update.zip? Explain what you see... or try doing a wipe of your phone and then see if you get ota.

Hopefully someone can help me cause this is getting frustrating! The other day I received the update and it crash my phone. After getting it back online, it said that my system was up to date but was still running FRF50.

I call Google and she said I would have to do a manual update and sent me to a site where I downloaded FRF91 from FRF50.zip.

Instructions:

Check
2. Rename the file to update.zip. Note that if you're using Windows, just rename it to "update" (no quotes, of course) because it's already a zipped file.
Check
Check
Check
5. You'll be booted into a white screen with three Android robots on skateboards. Select "Bootloader."
Check
Check
7. Your phone will reboot, giving you a picture of the Android robot and an exclamation point inside a triangle.
This is where things get messed up. I do not see a Android Robot or a exclamation point inside a triangle. I get the Nexus One "X" and the padlock. It then opens the Android Recovery System and I don't know what to do from there.
8. Now press the power button and volume up button at the same time. It could take a couple of tries.
9. Now (using the trackball this time) choose "Apply sdcard:update.zip" and let things run their course.

Anyone know how I can get through steps 8 and 9 to get this thing finally updated?

Thank you in advance

immiMIK

Mar 7, 2010
Mumbai

Instructions:

Check
Check
Check
Check
Check
Check

Thank you in advance

On step 8 press power button first then volume up button.
Hope that helps.

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

ojai00

Jul 6, 2010
New York
Hello all! I'm new to this Android game and just wanted to see if you guys can provide some insight. I still have to read up on the terminology, acronyms and procedures on updating. I read through this entire post but it doesn't really make much sense to me right now :eek:

I purchased a used rooted N1 that is running the following:

Model number: Nexus One
Android version: 2.2
Baseband version: 32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.12_7
Kernel verseion: 2.6.34-cyanogenmod, [email protected] #56
Build number: Kang-o-rama 0.9b2 SP1 (FRF83)

I received an OTA update notification that Android Update 2.2 (917kb) was downloaded. I'm wondering if it is safe to apply this update or if I should follow the manual instructions posted. How do I tell if I am running stock? Is it safe to apply OTA updates after a phone is rooted? Thanks in advance!

vomer

Nov 21, 2008
I believe doing the update should be ok. You might loose root though.

Hello all! I'm new to this Android game and just wanted to see if you guys can provide some insight. I still have to read up on the terminology, acronyms and procedures on updating. I read through this entire post but it doesn't really make much sense to me right now :eek:

I purchased a used rooted N1 that is running the following:

Model number: Nexus One
Android version: 2.2
Baseband version: 32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.12_7
Kernel verseion: 2.6.34-cyanogenmod, [email protected] #56
Build number: Kang-o-rama 0.9b2 SP1 (FRF83)

I received an OTA update notification that Android Update 2.2 (917kb) was downloaded. I'm wondering if it is safe to apply this update or if I should follow the manual instructions posted. How do I tell if I am running stock? Is it safe to apply OTA updates after a phone is rooted? Thanks in advance!

daplove18

Jul 6, 2010
I followed the update below and it said install update.zip and then came back with
E:no signature (575 files)
E:varifacation failed
Installation aborted

daplove18

Jul 6, 2010
I followed the update below and it said install update.zip and then came back with
Installation aborted

Please help .... i have a rooted nexus one with :
android 2.2 frf50
I followed the update below for universal frf91 and it said install update.zip and then came back with
Installation aborted

aduane

Jul 7, 2010
Florida
Hey guys, I'm having kind of a strange problem. I'm trying to get to FRF91 from FRF85B, and I keep getting an error. My phone is COMPLETELY STOCK, never rooted, bootloader still locked, etc. Something horrific to the people here, I'm sure. =P

I have applied all official updates manually as soon as they have been posted here. I had a similar problem getting to FRF85B, but installing the "universal update.zip" worked. I haven't yet tried the "Universal" to FRF91.zip. I'd like to fix the problem, so I don't have to keep waiting for the right package to show up. I'd like to be able to receive OTAs. Is there a way to fix this without going back to 2.1 and re-upgrading? The problem seems to be with GoogleQuickSearchBox.odex.

the error message is as such:
Code:
From the OTA:
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
Verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/GoogleQuickSearchBox.odex", "046f6c6c11fd5c6869630fbe4a12023ca08feca9", "a49f5e2a41e8bff256b8eb96402247ae80c55458")
E:Error in /cache/signed-passion-FRF91-from-FRF85B.db99fdf1.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

From the update.zip:
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
Verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/GoogleQuickSearchBox.odex", "046f6c6c11fd5c6869630fbe4a12023ca08feca9", "a49f5e2a41e8bff256b8eb96402247ae80c55458")
E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Thanks for any help! You guys are incredibly smart.

crzymonkey

Jun 26, 2007
Please help .... i have a rooted nexus one with :
android 2.2 frf50
I followed the update below for universal frf91 and it said install update.zip and then came back with
Installation aborted

I have the same problem... SOME PLEASE HELP I have been looking for an answer and not able to find the answer..............Please please help

any thing!!!!!!!!!

Ok I have been able to find the file that will install, but the phone still says FRF50? what is going wrong.

Help ANY ONE

Last edited:

crzymonkey

Jun 26, 2007
I have the same problem... SOME PLEASE HELP I have been looking for an answer and not able to find the answer..............Please please help

any thing!!!!!!!!!

Ok I have been able to find the file that will install, but the phone still says FRF50? what is going wrong.

Help ANY ONE

Why is there no one to help anyone.....

graffx

May 23, 2010
Installation aborted

Same for me. Both OTA & full update aborted,
Installation aborted

Help please. Have rooted n1

aduane

Jul 7, 2010
Florida
Same for me. Both OTA & full update aborted,
Installation aborted

Help please. Have rooted n1

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if you're rooted, don't you need a "rooted" update that doesn't check the signature? Once you're rooted, it doesn't let you use the official updates.

aduane

Jul 7, 2010
Florida
I'm sure you'll find it in this forum, if not earlier in this very thread. The update's been out for a while, so it could be a couple pages back. I'm not rooted, otherwise I'd link you myself.

Anyone else have the problem with the messed up GoogleQuickSearchBox.odex? I really don't want to reinstall 2.1 and reupgrade. If I was stock all the way, how could it have messed up? Is there a way to manually update just that component through ADB?

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Post updated with the FRF91 build link (also attached it in case a new build comes out lol). Strange series of updates but I think this one might be a security patch or something.

I successfully updated my GSM N1 to 91 from 85B.