• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Stock Nexus One Froyo OTA Links (All Versions w/ instructions) | Latest:FRF91

Search This thread

crzymonkey

Jun 26, 2007
added root files etc to main post. Hope this helps.

THanks bro.

But am I doing something wrong here.

I installed update-nexusone-FRF91-root-signe..zip, and the phone still says RFR72. and not FRF91

Do i wipe and install? or is there something Im missing

sorry for sounding like a newbee

vomer

Nov 21, 2008
THanks bro.

But am I doing something wrong here.

I installed update-nexusone-FRF91-root-signe..zip, and the phone still says RFR72. and not FRF91

Do i wipe and install? or is there something Im missing

sorry for sounding like a newbee

Try a wipe... something wrong on your device... hopefully a wipe will help.

crzymonkey

Jun 26, 2007
OK i have been able to get to FRF83, but no when try to install FRF91 universal update does not work
E:no signature
E:Verification failed

crzymonkey

Jun 26, 2007
Ok great news I have been able to get to FRF91, but I had to install FRF91 without radio. Stock but no radio is that ok? From what i have seen the radio is still the same as FRF50. is that true.

TAKEphONE

Dec 26, 2008
Hi,

I have an AT&T Nexus One I bought from the Google website.

Dont know if it's rooted or not.

I have EPE54B 2.1-update1.

I had the 2.2 update show up, started it, and it failed for some reason.

Now the phone is back at EPE54B as above, and I can't seem to be able to get it tp update.

What is the best route I can take to update ?
I do not see in the Google servers any ZIP for update from EPE54B...

TIA

fidorulz

May 12, 2010
Need help updating EPE54B to froyo

Im using a rooted EPE54B nexus one with a custom recovery image.When I try to apply the Universal FRF91 OTA Update it fails.

See supplied attachment

What can be causing this? If its the recovery image can anyone point me to directions to restoring the default one?

Thanks

Attachments

• 07142010018.jpg
    07142010018.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 57

lostinbeta

Oct 13, 2008
Im using a rooted EPE54B nexus one with a custom recovery image.When I try to apply the Universal FRF91 OTA Update it fails.

See supplied attachment

What can be causing this? If its the recovery image can anyone point me to directions to restoring the default one?

Thanks

Why don't you flash any number of the frf91 based roms? Seems easier than reflashing stock recovery just to flash frf91 back, then have to reroot (cant remember if this breaks root or not) and reinstall custom recovery.

fidorulz

May 12, 2010
Why don't you flash any number of the frf91 based roms? Seems easier than reflashing stock recovery just to flash frf91 back, then have to reroot (cant remember if this breaks root or not) and reinstall custom recovery.

Im trying to keep it as simple as possible as to not do something I shouldn't to the device. I found rooting the thing a pain

Any recommendations that are stupid proof or instructions u can supply?

lostinbeta

Oct 13, 2008
Im trying to keep it as simple as possible as to not do something I shouldn't to the device. I found rooting the thing a pain

Any recommendations that are stupid proof or instructions u can supply?

Well that's what I'm saying. You already have your device rooted, and you already have a custom recovery installed... so you can just use your custom recovery to Flash any Froyo based ROM that it's in the ROM section. You can do Modaco Custom Rom with FRF91 which is basically just a straight up stock version of Froyo, or you can do Cyanogen 6 RC1 which is a stock version of Froyo that's slightly modified to add all kinds of new settings and things to play with (though it changes some default colors to Cyan which I hate, but I get why).

Modaco:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=702191

Cyanogen:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=722798

Both threads have the links to their Froyo ROMs as well as the new Froyo radio... which you can also flash through your custom recovery.

To me, it seems easier to go this route to get Froyo if you're already rooted and ready to go.

fidorulz

May 12, 2010
Well that's what I'm saying. You already have your device rooted, and you already have a custom recovery installed... so you can just use your custom recovery to Flash any Froyo based ROM that it's in the ROM section. You can do Modaco Custom Rom with FRF91 which is basically just a straight up stock version of Froyo, or you can do Cyanogen 6 RC1 which is a stock version of Froyo that's slightly modified to add all kinds of new settings and things to play with (though it changes some default colors to Cyan which I hate, but I get why).

Modaco:

Cyanogen:

Both threads have the links to their Froyo ROMs as well as the new Froyo radio... which you can also flash through your custom recovery.

To me, it seems easier to go this route to get Froyo if you're already rooted and ready to go.

I just want to make sure not to loose my 850/1900 3G if I flash the radio

fidorulz

May 12, 2010

Modaco:

Cyanogen:

How do I flash the radio from the SD card? Also do I flash the radio first then the ROM?

Sorry for all the questions

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Post updated with the FRF91 build link (also attached it in case a new build comes out lol). Strange series of updates but I think this one might be a security patch or something.

I successfully updated my GSM N1 to 91 from 85B.