[STOCK] Official Moto G5 Cedric firmwares [FASTBOOT]

Search This thread

Livi-Tech

Feb 9, 2015
Swansea
But I don't see AMZIN mentioned in different versions

I don't have any Amazon versions on here, I was helping someone helping someone else use a version on a different site

My computer is down until further notice and I now work half 6 till 5 Monday to Friday so I am sorry that I can not help further and look into this much right now but as soon as my computer is back up and running and I have time I will.

silasmvg

May 16, 2018
Has anyone tried using this new android update to revive the bike g5 xt1672 with brick led? I can enter the bootload but at the time of transferring the rom it presents error in the security signature. Help me please?

G

GuestK0015

I don't know what the outcome will be if you use OTA after unlocking bootloader, flashing custom ROM, etc

if you are on Oreo custom rom. go back to stock and do OTA then yes you will get IMEI = 0
Would the OTA make IMEI go to 0 if I change to 32bit twrp and 32bit ROM?

G

GuestK0015

Honestly not sure but what I have seen posted by other members is that OTA update has a risk of breaking not just IMEI number but also disabling Phone calls and Messaging.
Oh ?? I'm thinking about moving to stock... But don't want the IMEI to go to 0 and text and phone not to work ?

Livi-Tech

Feb 9, 2015
Swansea
Oh ? I'm thinking about moving to stock... But don't want the IMEI to go to 0 and text and phone not to work ?

It happened to me, I tried everything, Data was working ( Not 4G only 3G and below ) but calls were saying "Emergency calls only" and texting didn't work either, please don't try to go back to stock it's not worth the risk, no Oreo posts even mention this issue which is annoying as well

hoferbr

Jun 26, 2017
Nice tutorial!
It fixed the message on my Moto G5 saying that my bootloader was unlocked although it wasn't. I couldn't even pass on Safety Net tests.
Thanks!

infixremix

Jan 12, 2017
It happened to me, I tried everything, Data was working ( Not 4G only 3G and below ) but calls were saying "Emergency calls only" and texting didn't work either, please don't try to go back to stock it's not worth the risk, no Oreo posts even mention this issue which is annoying as well
This is currently annoying me. I've given ways to get imei back. I've made a guide on how to not loose your imei. Just people arnt listening. If people can't read a simple prevention its what happens. Soham put a disclaimer on his los. ( This isn't an attack its just so people will read) If you download telegram and join @cedricchat I will help you .

Reactions: usucapiao

Livi-Tech

Feb 9, 2015
Swansea
This is currently annoying me. I've given ways to get imei back. I've made a guide on how to not loose your imei. Just people arnt listening. If people can't read a simple prevention its what happens. Soham put a disclaimer on his los. ( This isn't an attack its just so people will read) If you download telegram and join @cedricchat I will help you .

I just checked, your method is the one I tried multiple times along with other guides from other users ( after using a stupid Oreo rom ) before giving up completely and getting a replacement.

Flashed an 8.0 rom, seemed buggy so decided to go back to resurrection remix ( Android 7.1 )
Had no data and all of that, flashed stock same problem, found loads of people with the same issue along with some guides ( yours didn't exist yet )
someone's method worked for getting my IMEI back but when I tried to go from stock back to Resurrection remix thinking the IMEI problem was finally gone, my IMEI went back to 0, wasn't able to call or text and the same guide that fixed it did not work along with anyone elses including your one.

Livi-Tech

Feb 9, 2015
Swansea

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    XDA:DevDB Information
    [STOCK] Official Moto G5 Cedric firmwares [FASTBOOT], ROM for the Moto G5

Contributors
    Livi-Tech
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: Stock

Version Information

Created 2018-01-12
    Last Updated 2018-02-03

--Downloads part one: setup--

Fastboot/ADB
    Google Android USB Drivers

--Instructions Fastboot--
    go to download location
    right click platform-tools-lates-windows.zip
    highlight mouse over open with and click windows explorer
    right click the platform tools folder
    click copy
    go to Local DIsk (C: )
    right click
    click paste

--Instructions Google fastboot driver--
    go to download location
    right click latest_usb_driver_windows.zip
    highlight mouse over open with and click windows explorer
    right click the usb_driver folder
    click copy
    go to a location like the desktop or documents folder
    right click
    click paste
    open up the usb_driver folder
    right click android_usbdriver.inf
    click install
    click open
    click yes if a admin box pops up ( if your not admin you will need admin password )
    click okay on the operation completed successfully box

--Setting up--
    connect a usb to micro usb cable to your pc/laptop or any windows device
    power off your Moto G5
    hold volume down button and hold power button till screen comes on
    let go
    connect the other end of the usb cable to the Moto G5
    open up device manager
    look for fastboot Cedric S
    right click on it and click update driver
    click browse my computer for driver software
    click let me pick a list of available drivers on my computer
    click android device
    click next
    click Android Bootloader interface
    click next
    click yes
    click close
    open up command prompt
    type cd C:\\platform-tools
    type fastboot devices
    you should get
    ( some random numbers and letters ) fastboot
    if so then success everything set up

--Download part two: firmware--
    Moto G5 - Jan 2017 firmware NPP25.137-15
    Moto G5 - Aug 2017 firmware NPP25.137-33/NPP25.137.33-10
    Moto G5 - Nov 2017 firmware NPP25.137-93

after you've downloaded one of the 3 update firmwares
    go to the download location
    right click the zip file
    highlight mouse over open with
    click windows explorer
    drag everything over into the platform-tools folder

--Installing--
    open up command prompt
    type cd C:\\platform-tools
    type fastboot devices
    you should get
    ( some random numbers and letters ) fastboot
    if so then your device is recognized
    type the following commands
    fastboot oem fb_mode_set
    fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
    fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
    fastboot flash dsp adspso.bin
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4
    fastboot flash oem oem.img
    fastboot erase cache
    fastboot erase userdata
    fastboot oem fb_mode_clear
    fastboot reboot
    I found a link for the 2018/03/01 firmware and i wanna shere with you all
    file name: CEDRIC_NPPS25.137-93-8_cid50_subsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_CFC.xml.zip
    Link: https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1hlNzlFhLCEj6xigfKrYcvnwH9jy3f5j3&export=download
    But I don't see AMZIN mentioned in different versions

I don't have any Amazon versions on here, I was helping someone helping someone else use a version on a different site

My computer is down until further notice and I now work half 6 till 5 Monday to Friday so I am sorry that I can not help further and look into this much right now but as soon as my computer is back up and running and I have time I will.
    yes OTA is included ( also some other things )

Okay brilliant! I have the xt1675 and want the stock ROM! This will have ota update right?

yes it is official stock firmware, I was also able to re-lock my bootloader as well, something which others have said isn't possible right now, unfortunately Moto aren't providing updates to this model anymore so OTA update service is kind of pointless, NPP25-337.15 is the last update for this model of the G5, other models of the G5 did get a NPP25-337.33 update with a newer security patch which does work on the XT1675 model but someone from Motorola would know the system was tampered with if an update that's not available for this model was installed, that's why for the past 3 days looking for the XT1675 stock software and eventually found it
    Hi, I'm trying to unlock bootloader in my Moto G5. I followed the description above. The driver is installed.

First thing, fastboot doesn't work (picture fastboot1.png)
    I've found different fastboot (picture fastboot2.png). Unfortunately the command "fastboot devices" shows nothing.
    I work on AMD processor.
    What could be wrong?
    Download platform tools (contains fastboot.exe)

Either

1 - open cmd at the fastboot.exe location
    2 - manually navigate cmd to the fastboot location
    3 - add the path to fastboot.exe to windows environmental values to be able to run fastboot from anywhere in cmd

Note - if doing either 1 or 2 from above then your firmware or what ever you want to flash needs to be in the same location as fastboot.exe

If doing 3 & fastboot is in Windows environmental values then the firmware or what ever you are flashing can be at any location as fastboot will run from anywhere

Fastboot usb driver

Restart after installing USB driver
    Use original USB cable or compatible USB cable (change if you have issues)

Enable USB debugging from the developer options in settings on your device before you begin to unlock the bootloader