• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[STOCK] Official Moto G5 Cedric firmwares [TWRP]

Search This thread

jason13v8

Dec 14, 2014
Swindon
I need someone to test ( not just the normal it boots up test because I already know it boots up and everything works )
My bootloader already says status: modified and right now I have an IMEI problem which is preventing me from making and receiving calls/texts, I won't upload my versions until I know they aren't going to trip the bootloader status or cause the same call/text problems I have for people who flash it
which is why i'm looking for a tester who doesn't care if their bootloader changes from official to modified and doesn't care if they lose ability to call and text.

with your fastboot Issue, could you have a look on my instructions in my [fastboot] thread and tell me if you get fastboot to recognize your phone, i'm not asking you to flash anything, just asking if you could use those instructions and see if fastboot picks up your Moto G5, ( i'm curious as to why your having so much trouble as I am also on windows 10 ) also currently what rom are you using on your Moto G5?

Currently moving from pixel experience which is the most stable Oreo as in camera and sd card able to cut and paste, to Atomic Oreo, CRdroid 8. And colt is 7.1.2 which is faultless. And I have stock rooted and debloated backed up for stock camera for days out with the family. Yes I'll check your instructions and test fastboot. Although I might have answer for you now as I was forced to side load a command yesterday because twrp would only reboot via bootloader, it would not boot system, just kept returning to recovery so I found instructions on XDA how to plug into pc and copy and past command whilst in twrp. Works straight away. It was a command that wipe misc partition, problem came due to sd card corrupted during twrp flash. Is command prompt? Powershell and fastboot the same thing?

Livi-Tech

Feb 9, 2015
Swansea
Currently moving from pixel experience which is the most stable Oreo as in camera and sd card able to cut and paste, to Atomic Oreo, CRdroid 8. And colt is 7.1.2 which is faultless. And I have stock rooted and debloated backed up for stock camera for days out with the family. Yes I'll check your instructions and test fastboot. Although I might have answer for you now as I was forced to side load a command yesterday because twrp would only reboot via bootloader, it would not boot system, just kept returning to recovery so I found instructions on XDA how to plug into pc and copy and past command whilst in twrp. Works straight away. It was a command that wipe misc partition, problem came due to sd card corrupted during twrp flash. Is command prompt? Powershell and fastboot the same thing?

Please don't go back to any Android 7 rom from Android 8
you will lose your IMEI and have the same call/text issues I have ( possibly )

fastboot runs inside command prompt

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    XDA:DevDB Information
    [STOCK] Official Moto G5 Cedric firmwares [TWRP], ROM for the Moto G5

Contributors
    Livi-Tech
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP or TWRP 64 bit
    Based On: Stock

Version Information

Created 2018-02-03
    Last Updated 2018-02-03

--Requirements--
    TWRP or TWRP 64 bit

--Downloads--
    ( waiting for upload )

--Setting up--
    Power off your Moto G5 device
    hold volume down and power button to boot into bootloader
    press volume down twice till it says RECOVERY MODE
    press the power button to select
    wait for twrp to start up
    tap wipe
    tap advanced wipe
    tap Dalvik / ART cache
    tap System
    tap Data
    tap Cache
    drag the blue arrow to the right to wipe
    tap back
    tap the <I button to go back
    tap the <I again to go back
    --Installing--
    tap Install
    tap select storage
    tap internal storage or sd card depending where you downloaded your twrp zip file
    tap the zip file
    drag the blue arrow to the right to confirm flash

( Testing Status by the way, i've only tested on my device so would like some others to test this method, if something does go wrong I have a Fastboot install method that has been confirmed working on different variations of the G5 Cedric
    Thread closed, place holders NOT permitted. PM me when you are ready to post a download link.

My internet cut out last night so still uploading
    I'm uploading directly to XDA that's why no download links are available yet
    What's the point of this? Does it do something different?

TWRP is a portable way
    some people are scared of using fastboot + this way they can keep twrp without the firmware not liking it + the TWRP installation is much faster but this method is mainly for people who want to keep twrp without needing to modify anything, are scared of fastboot or want to do a quick install
    What's the point of this? Does it do something different?

Sometimes people don't want to do all the steps for going back to stock so having a flashable zip it's a bit faster and easier.
    @Livi-Tech when I did flashable stock people had issues getting zip booted so I disabled dm verity and force encrypt from kernel but you can attach this to the main post so people don't run into the same issues.

https://build.nethunter.com/android-tools/no-verity-opt-encrypt/no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0.zip