• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[STOCK][OREO][PIE] AnyKernel 3 RCTD Remover

Search This thread

JohnFawkes

Jul 9, 2015
john-fawkes.com
LG V30 RCTD Removal Based on Jcadduono's Orignal Zip​
Now uses AK3 instead of LazyFlasher

Features
  • AK3 based so no need to reflash after kernel or magisk
  • Removes all instances of rctd/rct from all know folders/init files on stock oreo and pie

Installation
What you need
How to install
Flash in TWRP. You can flash before or after magisk or before or after a kernel. The only time you would need to flash this zip again is if you kdz. Most, if not all, the flashable stock rom zips should remove rctd now.

Don´t forget to hit the thanks-button if you like this zip! :good:
You want to help me with a [donation?] Not asking for it, I have fun doing this for you, but feel free... :)

Last edited:

vlozin

Aug 16, 2007
I can't download AK3_RCTD_Remover, the timeout for waiting for a response from john-fawkes.com is exceeded. Can someone give this script?

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
It might actually be better to just link my site or this thread as I plan on pushing updates today
I have redundancy of linking to this thread so people can give thanks (as well as giving you ample credit), but also providing attached files.

That was why I didn't understand why the person couldn't download -- I prepared for exactly this contingency! :)

Unless they were just notifying you...

Look forward to the updates!

Last edited:
Reactions: justanutt
Jul 28, 2015
Hello,
i have installed this Tool as described, but unfortunately LG still check for root
Install this app from playstore : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lgeha.nuts&hl=en_US and try run it , you'ill get :
oQN0aSE.jpg

tech_infinity

Jun 16, 2014
aakashverma.com
LG V30

JohnFawkes

Jul 9, 2015
john-fawkes.com
Did you use magisk hide on it?

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

@JohnFawkes the download link seems to be down

Yea my hosting service migrated servers the other day and they messed everything up. All my zips were corrupt. In the process of restoring everything.

Edit......
Everything is restored now. Zip is back

Last edited:
Reactions: tech_infinity

XCaliburX

Jun 4, 2018
Maybe this zip may help with the Magisk 16.1> problem that I've had for well over a year. Constantly losing root on random intervals ranging from a day to a week and having to reboot the phone in order to restore root.

Top Liked Posts