[Stock Recovery] Getting back to Stock Recovery after you've flashed TWRP.

Search This thread

shihabsoft

Nov 1, 2013
As you know, TWRP still doesn't support FBE, so in-case if you wanna flash another system.img the Wipe data/factory reset in TWRP wouldn't work (at least didn't work for me).

That would force you to get back to stock recovery, which allows a successful factory reset.

Steps are pretty straight forward, if you already have a backup of your stock recovery just do the below steps, if else you could download one from the below link.
  • Put the device into fastboot mode. There are two ways to do that.
    1)By long pressing the power button and volume down button whilst the USB is connected.
    2)Just do a adb reboot bootloader command if you could boot into the system.
  • Then just do
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk recovery_ramdisk.img
  • Then disconnect the USB and long press the power and volume up button until you see the "The device is booting now" message.

Downloads

Copperhead100

Feb 25, 2018
Just created a md5sum of your recovery and my backed up recovery. It's exactly the same size but the md5sum is different.
A quick look with a hex editor also shows some big differences. Is that expected?

shihabsoft

Nov 1, 2013
Just created a md5sum of your recovery and my backed up recovery. It's exactly the same size but the md5sum is different.
A quick look with a hex editor also shows some big differences. Is that expected?

MD5 hash wouldn't possibly match, because the backup was taken using dd and there might be some config files modified or added when I used the stock recovery once. But, hey the thing would work if you have BKL-L09 device

atf2m4

Sep 17, 2010
As you know, TWRP still doesn't support FBE, so in-case if you wanna flash another system.img the Wipe data/factory reset in TWRP wouldn't work (at least didn't work for me).

That would force you to get back to stock recovery, which allows a successful factory reset.

Mate, will this stock recovery work in Indian model(BKL-L09-C675)?

Last edited:

shihabsoft

Nov 1, 2013
Mate, after restoring this recovery, will I be able to receive system update for the device. I have rooted with Magisk and twrp is installed. what to do to receive system update automatically?. please give detailed steps. Thank you.

Not sure, as it might check integrity before giving updates. Just download Firmware Finder app and check for updates constantly.

Reactions: atf2m4

Einwod

Mar 1, 2011
Lardos, Rhodes, Greece.
Mate, after restoring this recovery, will I be able to receive system update for the device. I have rooted with Magisk and twrp is installed. what to do to receive system update automatically?. please give detailed steps. Thank you.
You will receive the updates but you won't be able to install them with TWRP. Simply flash the stock recovery and the updates will self install when they come. You'll have to root again with Magisk after the updates, but that's a simple process.

Sent from my Honor View 10 using XDA Labs

Reactions: atf2m4

ankan1993

Feb 19, 2013
Nagpur
Hie,
How can I get back from lineage OS to stock using this? I guess I'm on the same boat as a lot of people out there and could really use some help here. I'm on Cosmos OS and can't go back to stock. I tried flashing this recovery.img but can't figure out a way back.

ankan1993

Feb 19, 2013
Nagpur
Reboot to bootloader, flash system recovery_ramdisk and ramdisk. Reboot to recovery wipe cache, reboot system enjoy.
Works every time fine for me

Powered by View 10

Can you help me with the commands please?

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

Reboot to bootloader, flash system recovery_ramdisk and ramdisk. Reboot to recovery wipe cache, reboot system enjoy.

Powered by View 10

Wildfire, can you please help me with the commands? I believe there's an inclusion of ramdisk in the commands now.

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

Reboot to bootloader, flash system recovery_ramdisk and ramdisk. Reboot to recovery wipe cache, reboot system enjoys.