Aug 14, 2015
Btw, running GSI you can check RIL status via code *#*#4636#*#*

Screenshot_20221001-235546.png
Screenshot_20221002-000104.png

Screenshot_20221002-000117.png

Last edited:

Sriyank

Aug 14, 2015
I really don't know what the problem is. I only know that Factory reset via TWRP can cause such problems on Kirin devices.
I got the phone back from repair, it's working good now, costed less than 5$. Issue was something about freq band or something which they just replaced. Thanks a lot man.

EPT-3

May 21, 2015
I really don't know what the problem is. I only know that Factory reset via TWRP can cause such problems on Kirin devices.
Following a previous post of mine (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/tool-huawei-multi-tool-v8-by-team-mt.3523923/post-87608941) , it seems to me that ALF has a deep knowledge of such devices. This is why I reply here, first to (publicly) knowledge its knowledge (already advanced mine) and second, if I have a chance for a specific explanation to my problem.

Next to my that post, I did manage to UNLOCK the BootLoader!!!
TomatoNV for free!!!

Huawei Honor 9 Lite, with a replaced mainboard (before LLD-L31, now LLD-L21)

[ (LLD-L21 8.0.0.122(C636), vendorcountry: hw/spcseas (=ASIA), (bootloader) :LLD-AL00 8.0.0.189(C00),
CUSTOM_VERSION still FAILED (remote: 'Read oeminfo failed!'), SYSTEM_VERSION (bootloader) :LLD-AL00 8.0.0.189(C00) ]

Now, though I can fastboot flash partitions (Huawei UPDATE.APP extractor/ I get the needed .img files etc.) both dload mode with SD CARD/fat32 and also by using older HiSuites mode, always FAIL...

e.g.

TRY no 1:
(With fastboot in COLDBOOT_0 or COLDBOOT_16 states/the "best" states I could get...:)
(With the Service (??) ROM used: LLD-L31 hw eu HLRCF Leland-L31A 9.1.0.149_C432E6R1P4T8_FW-9.0.0 r3 EMUI9.1.0 05015ADR_androidhost.ru, though I am LLD-L21 now... it is the only one that succeeds SYSTEM flash...)

fastboot flash cust CUST.img
fastboot flash cache CACHE.img
fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk RECOVERY_RAMDIS.img
fastboot flash userdata USERDATA.img
fastboot flash kernel KERNEL.img
fastboot flash vendor VENDOR.img
fastboot flash system SYSTEM.img

RESULT: Everything OK, (with various recovery_ramdisk Recoveries used, both Custom & TWRPs) but the device returns always to the "Please restore system again" Error, AND

Error!
Func NO: 11 (recovery image)
Error NO: 2 (load failed!)

Try no 2:

Then, I tried to flash erecovery (Recovery2 I guess...).

(Now, with a fastboot at state COLDBOOT 0 and the same as previous Service (??) ROM used, I get:)

fastboot flash erecovery_ramdisk ERECOVERY_RAMDI.img ---> OK!
fastboot flash erecovery_kernel ERECOVERY_KERNE.img ---> OK!
fastboot flash erecovery_vbmet ERECOVERY_VBMET.img ---> FAILED!
fastboot flash erecovery_vendor ERECOVERY_VENDO.img ---> OK!

The size of the vbmet .img to be flashed is very small (76.4 kB) in contrast with the other 3 images (some MBs).

So, in order to avoid "bothering" you further with details, I guess that my problem is the always-retutn to the same error to boot into recovery/System and the best I can get is to get a fastboot COLDBOOT state (by using the vol- & power buttons) to get into fastboot...

Which possibly means EITHER a hardware problem (the battery is brand-new! However, when I disconnect PC-USB from device it directly powers off!) OR the device denies to boot into somewhere (Recovery or eRecovery or System)...

I can still contact Huawei in my country for a software update try OR even order a new mainboard from China.
But I decided to fight for my device!
Because also, a Mediapad M3 BTV-D09 tablet of mine is still waiting 5 years for its "jailbreak" UNLOCKING!
Anyway, thanks to xda, ALF & others, I already advanced my (poor) technical knowledge!

Thank you for reading my post.

Attachments

• Recovery.jpg
    Recovery.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 3

-Alf-

Sep 28, 2017
Huawei P9 Lite
Huawei P10 Lite
LLD-L21 8.0.0.122(C636)
Hi,
download correct firmware - correct EMUI version, correct Cxxx (the bracketed (Cxxx) is your device’s regional variant).
This number is very important in determining the correct firmware to download! So if your current build number is
LLD-L21 8.0.0.122(C636)
then you cannot install C432 regional variant (without changing oeminfo).
Try this one via dload method (the process will lock your bootloader again!). But first flash stock recovery_ramdisk in fastboot mode , extract it from linked service ROM.

Last edited:
Reactions: EPT-3

EPT-3

May 21, 2015
Hi,
download correct firmware - correct EMUI version, correct Cxxx (the bracketed (Cxxx) is your device’s regional variant).
This number is very important in determining the correct firmware to download! So if your current build number is

then you cannot install C432 regional variant (without changing oeminfo).
Try this one via dload method (the process will lock your bootloader again!). But first flash stock recovery_ramdisk in fastboot mode , extract it from linked service ROM.
I exceptionally thank you Alf!
At least now, I have an experienced view by you.

I found it in another link (https://icedrive.net/s/64Dvkpya8a) because the Russian link is presented dead to me.
I hope that this (LLD-L21A 8.0.0.122(C636) Honor 9 Lite_Firmware_Android8.0.0_EMUI8.0.0_05014XCA_DA_romadd.com) will prove identical.

Furthermore, you are also right, I have an extra option to try for an oeminfo change (hope be not needed).
I also hope the dload mode will work this time!

Thank you again!

EPT-3

May 21, 2015
Following your precious instructions (Alf's guidance above) I did manage already some progress!
Actually I did get to a state for my device sooner than I wished for long...
But now I feel more confident to revitalise it from a soft-brick (I think it still is soft...)

I will try to explain for anyone else interested as well;
Alf's suggestions are especially welcomed!

I got the correct firmware (LLD-L21A 8.0.0.122(C636)) from the alternative link and successfully managed this time to follow Alf's dload process!

[ I did many mistakes in the past (I even copied the extracted dload folder with the .zip (!) files inside, instead of the correct .APP type...). As I should knew (...) the fastboot COMMANDS accept only .IMG types of files for flashing, the abd/Recovery COMMANDS accept .ZIP types of files for side-loading and flashing through the Recovery interface (e.g. TWRP) and the "dload" method (for Huawei devices particularly) accept .APP types of files. I hope I am correct by and large for these 3 commonly available emergency Android access methods... ]

So, I followed Alf's 2 crucial steps:
[ see also the attached images! ]

Firstly, I closely followed his suggestion to fastboot flash the Stock Recovery .IMG file (extracted form the above mentioned correct firwmare (LLD-L21A 8.0.0.122(C636))/Service ROM with the Huawei Extractor sub-tool, included in the Huawei Multi-Tool v8.0.8.9.exe/Application). I pressed the 2 buttons to enter the device in fastboot mode (vol- & power) and succeeded! Though, I have to mention here that the device did boot into fastboot BUT in a COLDBOOT 0 (or sometimes a COLDBOOT 16) state, for reasons I don't yet fully grasp, possibly because the lack of an appropriate Stock Firmware inside my soft-bricked device...

So a issued the needed command:
fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk RECOVERY_RAMDIS.img

And it succeeded!

Secondly, I extracted the 2 .APP type files from the firmware zip file and copied their structure in a fat32 SD-CARD.
I think, I renamed both .APP files to "UPDATE.APP" into the dload structure (especially the 2nd one, from "update_sd_LLD-L21A_hw_spcseas.app" to just "UPDATE.APP") and put the SD-CARD in the slot.
[ Possibly also, it did work when after trial & fail I just deleted the 2nd "UPDATE.APP" from the SD-CARD, because when later I detached the SD-CARD (see below) I found only one and only "UPDATE.APP" in the SD-CARD under the dload folder... ]

So , I then pressed all the 3 buttons of the Huawei H9L to get a software/update mode and it succeeded again!
The first positive sign I noticed, was the message "Your device is booting now..." without any 1, 2, 3 choices to press the power button etc. which -in my case- leaded to a fail...

Then, the 2 most wanted screens appeared in the device: First, the "installing update..." message (but stuck at 5%, as I expected...) and, secondly, when I pressed some button combinations (I think vol+ & vol- OR vol- & power, OR even all 3 buttons) I came up with the -most wanted- eRecovery Screen!!!

There, options 2 and 3 were grayed ("Emergency backup" & "Wipe data/factory reset) and I had only the other 3 options: "Download the latest version and recovery", "Reboot" and "Shutdown". I chose the 1st and (as I expected, I had no luck with WiFi due to my soft-bricked device/lack of any credible firmware/ROM inside...). I tried some more times without luck...

Then, I decided to try flashing a CUSTOM Recovery (instead of Stock, as Alf suggested) and when I flashed:
fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk TWRP.img

(actually, one by Alf again, in his post in "Recommended and tested TWRP Recovery" (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/recommended-and-tested-twrp-recovery.4199099/post-84056933) and I think the one described as "3.2.1-0 by pretoriano80 (with data decryption on Android 8 )")

...It succeeded!

Then, just by chance, I pressed all the 3 buttons of the device (vol+ & vol- & power) and -incredibly- I show for the first time a TWRP (see image below) on the screen of a Huawei device!!!

After that, I tried 2 steps:

First, I tried to do a "Wipe/factory reset" and second, to detach (with the TWRP up and running) the SD-CARD from device in order to paste inside SD-CARD the whole correct firmware/"Service ROM" that Alf suggested (LLD-L21A 8.0.0.122(C636)) as a single .ZIP file, flashable easily now by the newly installed TWRP!

However, I experienced:

1. A not fully seccessful "Wipe/factory reset" with TWRP (it didn't recognised the PRODUCT partition...)
2. When I (mistakenly) proceeded to the second step (TWRP flash Service ROM .ZIP file) I had a bad experience with my device in a Black Screen now... Possibly reasonable though, because with my mistake of not-succeeded/ partial "Wipe/factory reset" I have now deleted even the "splash" partition (?) so in my device there is nothing to display on the screen and, inside it only ROM "residuals"... I will upload also the recovery.log I got!

In conclusion, this is my current state for now...
However, even Black, my device CAN be in a fastboot state through the USB/PC connect, so I would guess that with a little help I can repeat (successfully now...) the process...

The first thing I guessed is that I can fastboot-flash again some needed partitions (?) to get in a previous "softer-bricked" state...

I hope my experience so far may help other users too.

I would like here to thank AGAIN senior user Alf for its "confidence-blowing" intervention...!
I would wait for his better-than-mine, deep-knowledge suggestions!!!

Thanks!!!

Attachments

• H9L_1.jpg
    H9L_1.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 2
  • H9L_2.jpg
    H9L_2.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 2
  • H9L_3.jpg
    H9L_3.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 2
  • H9L_4.jpg
    H9L_4.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 2
  • H9L_5.jpg
    H9L_5.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 2

-Alf-

Sep 28, 2017
Huawei P9 Lite
Huawei P10 Lite
Sorry, but you did some mistakes again...
1. dload mode: simply copy dload folder (without unpacking it!!!) to the SD card, that's all
2. Never do factory reset in TWRP on Kirin devices! This could cause serious problems, including "black fastboot" (= hard bricked phone. Sympton: PC recognizes phone as USB SER). In such a case, only DC-phoenix or test point & board software will help.

EPT-3

May 21, 2015
Sorry, but you did some mistakes again...
1. dload mode: simply copy dload folder (without unpacking it!!!) to the SD card, that's all
2. Never do factory reset in TWRP on Kirin devices! This could cause serious problems, including "black fastboot" (= hard bricked phone. Sympton: PC recognizes phone as USB SER). In such a case, only DC-phoenix or test point & board software will help.
Thank you very much again for your clear view, I still -I guess- miss in order to follow a complete and correct process... I was in deep concern these days about my options.

First of all I can have a new -relatively cheap/35 euros- mainboard to have my device new...
Alternatively, the local Huawei support may have a chance to revitalise it by the official, special tools and software by Huawei... That is a worth try with a similar to above price range...
Third, I wish to have a try myself but I see I'm on a hard-brick now...

Concerning your point (1) I mistakenly thought/my initial xda-readings, to extract the UPDATE.APP from the update.zip files... It didn't work (you correctly insisted on the right firmware version) but it did work with the UPDATE.APP file copied to the dlod folder... Though with the known update problem of "stuck at 5%" I also experienced and led me to install TWRP, out of your accurate instructions...

Concerning your other point (2) I think it is important to say that windows (8.1) DOES recognise my H9L as "fastboot2.0" NOT as "USB SER". Is this a positive sign of possibly a non hard-bricked device (my H9L)?
I think I was so stupid to have a solution on my hands with TWRP and command a totally WRONG instruction... (factory reset)

In addition, reluctant for the time to follow DC-phoenix methods, I discovered also this alternative (by the User "goodwin_c"):

followed also by another (by the User "yoghurt13"):

Thanks to @goodwin_c i have compiled and made a tutorial for our device with files included, and free tools.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/p10/how-to/unbrick-p10-vtr-l09-vtr-l29-unbrick-t3916694

I also noticed that in the first guide (by the User "goodwin_c") even User hakintoch5 (!) made suggestions:

Some points:
- My device has no UCE, so remove that from the config file. If in doubt about the addresses, consult the XML.
- There's no need to flash splash2 or userdata.
- You should avoid erasing modemnvm_anything, as your IMEI may disappear.
- After flashing ptable you should reboot to force fastboot to reload it.
- I would not suggest randomly flashing the reserved partitions, just read the IDT XML to find out what to flash where. You can see the commands under the <partially_erase_configuration> tag.
- Images sent over EDL aren't verified during flashing, as far as I know. Or if they are, DC has some way to bypass the verification.

There are other guides as well but for the time I wish to have your (Alf's) credible views about the current situation (trying these Linux commands & testpoint methods?).

What are the results of such a wrong command (TWRP/factory reset...) on Kirin processors, deep into the partitions of a H9L??!

I thank you in advance for your time!

-Alf-

Sep 28, 2017
Huawei P9 Lite
Huawei P10 Lite
What are the results of such a wrong command (TWRP/factory reset...) on Kirin processors, deep into the partitions of a H9L??!
Huawei stuffed into the data partition another file that defines the regional affiliation custom.bin, and 3 shortcuts to folders in the CUST section, where additional settings and applications for a specific region are stored, including radio module settings. When resetting to the factory from native recovery, this is not deleted, while TWRP deletes everything indiscriminately. CUST has a very decent number of specific settings files, and after such a reset, they do not work.
Note: this happened to me during my first experiments with the P9 lite, after a hard reset in TWRP, the 4G data connection stopped working. And it never worked again. This is of course only one of the possible consequences, at the end of the chain is a brick.
Later, it was explained to me by a guy who worked at Huawei (he is the one who uploaded service ROMs to aodroidhost.ru).

EPT-3

May 21, 2015
Thank you again!

I'll be back with fresh info if/when the local Huawei service accepts and manages to recast the firmware...
According to some views they even won't deal with it, though I explained to them that the initial fault was Huawei's trial for an "auto"(?) update of the device (when "discovered" it in the network). I'm still confused if such a thing could happen...

Concerning the 2 other ways I quoted, does your deep experience certify that they are possible to work?
I can still flash partitions (the device's state is "Fastboot2.0" though not sure that a real flash is happen) but I don't try further...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is the Full OTA of Indian Firmware for Honor 9 Lite.

LLD-AL10 8.0.0.191 C675CUSTC675D1

Changelogs:
    November Security Patch
    October Security Patch
    • GPU Turbo Implementation added
    • Call Recording added and fixed some issues
    • August Security Patch
    • Patch01 included[So Patch boot image manually for Root using Magisk Manager]
    • Thermal Optimization is Done.
    • Wide Aperture issue fixed.
    • Latest Google Security Patch[June i hope so]
    • Preloaded FaceUnlock and AR Lens.

Latest Download Link for 8.0.0.191 [Check this Post]

Latest Download Link for 8.0.0.189 [Check this Post]

Download Link for 8.0.0.187 [Older version] : [Click Here]

Instructions:

1. Download the Stock ROM.
    2. Extract it.
    3. Rename the zip files to match like mentioned in HuRUpdater thread. [Renamed already in the latest 8.0.0.189 onwards]
    4. Follow instructions from HuRUpdater thread

Do Factory reset using stock recovery after using Huru method[not mandatory].

or

You can manually install zip files one by one using TWRP[update.zip must be installed first]
    From firmware finder or your link... whr should i dwld the firmware.. also is it ok to flash the zip files directly via twrp whr "update zip" as 1st

You are going to HAVE to do a bit of reading and try to help yourself somewhat. ALL the information you require has been posted many,many times and a lot of people have give a lot of their own time to this. So it is generally not looked upon too favourably when someone cannot be bothered to do even a small bit of research themselves, but want to be "spoon fed" instead.

The easiest way IMHO, is to use HuRupdater, linked to in the first post, read the instructions and follow them EXACTLY, it works well.
    New Update

8.0.0.191 C675D1

Files in the 7z file are renamed to make it work as per HurUpdater[provided in the same zip]
    So No More Confusions like the previous version.
    Extract it in your SD card/New Folder/ and Install HurUpdater.zip via Twrp and it will do the trick for you.

Download Link : AFH
    Here is the latest Full OTA of Indian Firmware for Honor 9 Lite.

LLD-AL10 8.0.0.187 C675CUSTC675D1

GPU Turbo Update

Download Links : [AndroidFileHost] [MEGA]

Warning: Patch01 Included. So patch boot image manually using Magisk for root.
    Dont blindly flash Magisk.zip as it will cause bootloop.

Credits: Henry