[Stock Rom] AT&T 4.1.2 UCMG2 {Rooted}

Search This thread

loserskater

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 6, 2008
Palmdale, CA
This was taken from a system dump of the OTA and made into a complete flashable rom. This is a good starting point for devs and for users that just want root. It does not include the bootloaders or modem. I've pulled the modem but I'm weary to flash it.

What's included:
SU installed
Busybox installed
Proper insecure kernel
Deodexed

DOWNLOAD

Here is the UCMG2 modem file that I pulled. This is just the modem.bin, it is not flashable!
PLEASE USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! I still have note tested it!
UCMG2 modem

I flashed this on both my S3's using dTmobilized and all is good.
The script will check the file integrity so if the checksums do not match it will abort.
As always use with caution.

Here is the complete UCDMG2 firmware minus recovery

This will update your phones firmware, bootloader, modem.... while retaining your custom recovery. Nice easy way to update without Odin.
  • rpm.mbn - Resources and Power Manager
  • sbl2.mbn - Part of Secondary Bootloader
  • sbl3.mbn - Part of Secondary Bootloader
  • aboot.mbn - AP Bootloader
  • tz.mbn - Trust Zone
  • NON-HLOS.bin - Modem / Radio

Credit to mnasledov for the flash script.

Simply flash in recovery.
http://d-h.st/m5t

Last edited:

dstruct2k

Jan 31, 2008
Winnipeg
Google Pixel 4
This was taken from a system dump of the OTA and made into a complete flashable rom. This is a good starting point for devs and for users that just want root. It does not include the bootloaders or modem. I've pulled the modem but I'm weary to flash it.

What's included:
SU installed
Busybox installed
Proper insecure kernel
Deodexed

DOWNLOAD

Would you be able to send me the modem file? All I've been able to get is a .bin.p file to patch from the previous modem, and I don't have an AT&T device to run the patch against.

crashpsycho

Jun 10, 2011
PHOENIX AZ
Awesome question any noticeable difference between 4.1.1 to 4.1.2 besides modem for example multi window and that ???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

loserskater

Jun 6, 2008
Palmdale, CA
Nice! Will users have to be on the DMG2 baseband for data, wifi, etc to work? That is the case for some updates, but not others. I don't know about this one.

I have not tested that yet. I accidentally cleared my sdcard including my nandroid backup so I've been trying to get this up to the state my backup was.
If anybody has successfully flashed from LK3 please let us know!

Awesome question any noticeable difference between 4.1.1 to 4.1.2 besides modem for example multi window and that ???

+1
Maybe it's just to early for feedback? I've been looking around some but haven't seen anyone post any definitive changes from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2.

Of course there's no way to actually tell so it may just be placebo but it feels terribly slow and almost grinds to a halt at some points. There's also many missing features and I have to touch the screen mulitple times for a response some times. Of course all of that is not true and if you've used the t-mobile port or the i747m builds then you'll get a pretty good idea as to what this offers. If you haven't then you should try it out and see how you like it.

Would you be able to send me the modem file? All I've been able to get is a .bin.p file to patch from the previous modem, and I don't have an AT&T device to run the patch against.

Added to the OP!

Last edited:

dstruct2k

Jan 31, 2008
Winnipeg
Google Pixel 4

What's included:
SU installed
Busybox installed
Proper insecure kernel
Deodexed

DOWNLOAD

Here is the UCMG2 modem file that I pulled. This is just the modem.bin, it is not flashable!
UCMG2 modem
This modem file seems overly large, what method did you use to pull it? The best way (from a device already running the new modem) is to run dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p7 of=/sdcard/modem.bin to get a modem.bin on your internal storage. You might need to adjust the output path depending on your filesystem layout.

EDIT: Never mind, yours is just padded to the full 60MB. It's a good rip. Uploading a flashable version now, you can find it in the modem thread in my sig.

Last edited:
Reactions: rdy105

ra4013

Oct 13, 2010

Yes, multi window it's there. Along with some AT&T apps. Still no Mobil Data option in task bar.

sent from my S3 Sammy Bean.

loserskater

Jun 6, 2008
Palmdale, CA
This modem file seems overly large, what method did you use to pull it? The best way (from a device already running the new modem) is to run dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p7 of=/sdcard/modem.bin to get a modem.bin on your internal storage. You might need to adjust the output path depending on your filesystem layout.

EDIT: Never mind, yours is just padded to the full 60MB. It's a good rip. Uploading a flashable version now, you can find it in the modem thread in my sig.

That's the method I used. I was a little worried about the size, but I'm glad it works

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

enewman17

Sep 20, 2010
Fort Wayne, IN
Firmware update

The script will check the file integrity so if the checksums do not match it will abort.

This will update your phones firmware, bootloader, modem.... while retaining your custom recovery. Nice easy way to update without Odin.
  • tz.mbn - Trust Zone

Chauleyboii

Mar 29, 2011

• tz.mbn - Trust Zone

Im odin back to stock 4.1.1 .....gonna download and take the leap

Reactions: enewman17

• tz.mbn - Trust Zone

Nice Job i'm almost done with new Deadly Venom v7.0.0 AT&T 4.1.2 UCDMG2 I will add that so they can update to there bootloader and Modem Thanks to you and mnasledov :good:

Reactions: Chauleyboii

Chauleyboii

Mar 29, 2011
Flashed.....so far so good but the android version is still 4.1.1......shouldn't it change to 4.1.2 or no?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What's included:
    SU installed
    Busybox installed
    Proper insecure kernel
    Deodexed

DOWNLOAD

UCMG2 modem

• tz.mbn - Trust Zone

Firmware update

• tz.mbn - Trust Zone

4 way reboot

4 way reboot
    http://d-h.st/Rop
    Nice! Will users have to be on the DMG2 baseband for data, wifi, etc to work? That is the case for some updates, but not others. I don't know about this one.

I have not tested that yet. I accidentally cleared my sdcard including my nandroid backup so I've been trying to get this up to the state my backup was.
    If anybody has successfully flashed from LK3 please let us know!

+1
    Maybe it's just to early for feedback? I've been looking around some but haven't seen anyone post any definitive changes from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2.

Of course there's no way to actually tell so it may just be placebo but it feels terribly slow and almost grinds to a halt at some points. There's also many missing features and I have to touch the screen mulitple times for a response some times. Of course all of that is not true and if you've used the t-mobile port or the i747m builds then you'll get a pretty good idea as to what this offers. If you haven't then you should try it out and see how you like it.

Added to the OP!
    Tethering Fix Done for this ROM

I have created a flashable .zip that can be installed using CWM Recovery. It removes the restriction on tethering so native hotspot and USB tethering are enabled.

Unfortunately, I don't really have a hosting place for any mods for this rom (free account). If someone has the ability to host the flashable zip, PM me and I will send a link.

I did it for this rom, because I seem to get better battery life out of stock roms and plus I have used stock roms since I had the phone so I really don't have to learn where anything is or moved to...

Below is the link to the zip on the hosting site. Again, I have a free account through them so I am not sure about the availability. If someone has access to file hosting and wants to put this out there, PM me and I can email the file to you.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/lk37mqrc5fhm5cq/I747UCDGM2-4_1_2_Tethering.zip

Credit for this goes to a ton of people out here on XDA (too many to name) for their guides on removing tethering provision restrictions, and how to troubleshoot problems with APKTOOL and AAPT (took me 2 days searching around to get everything working).:good:

EDIT: Before anyone asks, this is only for the AT&T model. (I747UCDMG2)