[Stock ROM] HeavY DEBLOATED SM-T377W

Search This thread

mindlery

May 1, 2018
Calgary
SM-T377W Canadian version ONLY

I am starting to get a lot of these and figured I'd share some decent ones.

This is basically an app gouging, overloaded audio, CSC tweak of stock firmware

Seems to run well without all the google apps.

Just wipe everything in TWRP (internal optional) and flash. Reboot.

If you want, add the GRX Touchwiz mod. It runs quite well and is pictured. I force stopped, then cleared data in the stock touchwiz home. Right after that, just restarted into twrp and flashed GRX
The font is (currently) #160 ProximaNova from the Font Changer module in Magisk

Lots of CSC stuff including removal of the guest accounts.

Rooted with Magisk and a few apps added in that you may easily uninstall.

Please only W variant devices attempt to install

LINK:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1e5WuUULd0KG0d1ur9oZQ-u5Fu8MW-q8X/view?usp=sharing

mindlery

May 1, 2018
Calgary
Great! I had a chance to use this for a bit. I never got to do much, but i did have success running the touchwiz mod. I cannot remember the name... g something...

mindlery

May 1, 2018
Calgary
I remember now...

GRX Touchwiz.
First uninstall any touchwiz updates and for good measure delete the app data, and force stop it. Then head into TWRP and flash attached zip. First boot I think you'll have to put up with some twitching as you head into default apps to settle it. (Select GRX as default launcher). Wouldn't really label it as a glitch because it's part of the process. If you've never tried it, I highly suggest you do! The only issue you might encounter is if you alter the grid too aggressively. You'll find the right way to tweak.

Attachments

• 1_5039547868726165595.zip
    15.7 MB · Views: 189
Last edited:
Reactions: PushyPhoenix

cybr47

Hi, I flashed it on Samsung T377W Canada variant but seems like it's stuck in a bootloop, It says Android is starting and then goes back to bootanimation

Edit: Nevermind, It booted.... Thanks alot for your work ❤️

Last edited:

cybr47

How do i update magisk? i actually tried updating magisk by flashing magisk uninstaller to uninstall old version and installed Magisk v22 zip file but it doesn't root the device. The magisk manager shows N/A. Please let me know if there's any fix for it

bones2g

Oct 7, 2022
Hi, I flashed it on Samsung T377W Canada variant but seems like it's stuck in a bootloop, It says Android is starting and then goes back to bootanimation

Edit: Nevermind, It booted.... Thanks alot for your work ❤️
Hello again.
seems like at some point you had the same issues as me, but mine is just the samsung logo over and over. How did you fix your loop?

cybr47

I restored my working backup and im still boot loopin
You actually need to do a clean install. Also if I remember correctly, I flashed the stock boot.img of T377W to get it working. Then I flashed Magisk 19 after the ROM booted. Hope it works for you...Good luck! :)

Edit: Flash the ROM and don't reboot, then flash the stock boot.img and reboot or you can also extract the ROM zip, replace the boot.img with stock one, repack it and flash the zip. You can root the device later by installing Magisk. But don't go above Magisk 20 because for me it caused bootloop, it might happen with your device too.

Last edited:

bones2g

Oct 7, 2022
You actually need to do a clean install. Also if I remember correctly, I flashed the stock boot.img of T377W to get it working. Then I flashed Magisk 19 after the ROM booted. Hope it works for you...Good luck! :)

Edit: Flash the ROM and don't reboot, then flash the stock boot.img and reboot or you can also extract the ROM zip, replace the boot.img with stock one, repack it and flash the zip. You can root the device later by installing Magisk. But don't go above Magisk 20 because for me it caused bootloop, it might happen with your device too.
I have been at this all day and no luck. I have tried multiple roms and using the boot.img both ways and still nothing. I have even got as far as where it optomizes the apps, then it just goes boot loop again. I am goin nuts

bones2g

Oct 7, 2022
<6>[ 4.514616] [2: recovery: 1922] [c2] SELinux: Context u:eek:bject_r:users_system_data_file:s0 is not valid (left unmapped).
<6>[ 4.520752] [2: recovery: 1922] [c2] SELinux: Context u:eek:bject_r:aasa_data_file:s0 is not valid (left unmapped).
<6>[ 4.523812] [2: recovery: 1922] [c2] SELinux: Context u:eek:bject_r:container_system_file:s0 is not valid (left unmapped).
<6>[ 4.524695] [2: recovery: 1922] [c2] SELinux: Context u:eek:bject_r:secure_storage_data_file:s0 is not valid (left unmapped).
<6>[ 4.531527] [2: recovery: 1922] [c2] SELinux: Context u:eek:bject_r:vpnclientd_data_file:s0 is not valid (left unmapped).
<6>[ 4.542023] [2: recovery: 1922] [c2] SELinux: Context u:eek:bject_r:sec_wifi_data_file:s0 is not valid (left unmapped).

it goes on with lots of these not valid things.... any ideas?

cybr47

<6>[ 4.514616] [2: recovery: 1922] [c2] SELinux: Context u:eek:bject_r:users_system_data_file:s0 is not valid (left unmapped).
<6>[ 4.520752] [2: recovery: 1922] [c2] SELinux: Context u:eek:bject_r:aasa_data_file:s0 is not valid (left unmapped).
<6>[ 4.523812] [2: recovery: 1922] [c2] SELinux: Context u:eek:bject_r:container_system_file:s0 is not valid (left unmapped).
<6>[ 4.524695] [2: recovery: 1922] [c2] SELinux: Context u:eek:bject_r:secure_storage_data_file:s0 is not valid (left unmapped).
<6>[ 4.531527] [2: recovery: 1922] [c2] SELinux: Context u:eek:bject_r:vpnclientd_data_file:s0 is not valid (left unmapped).
<6>[ 4.542023] [2: recovery: 1922] [c2] SELinux: Context u:eek:bject_r:sec_wifi_data_file:s0 is not valid (left unmapped).

it goes on with lots of these not valid things.... any ideas?
I think you should try flashing the ROM and then do a factory reset wipe once from recovery before rebooting

bones2g

Oct 7, 2022
you mean go to wipe > and swipe to factory reset?
That just seems to delete the entire rom...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SM-T377W Canadian version ONLY

I am starting to get a lot of these and figured I'd share some decent ones.

This is basically an app gouging, overloaded audio, CSC tweak of stock firmware

Seems to run well without all the google apps.

Just wipe everything in TWRP (internal optional) and flash. Reboot.

If you want, add the GRX Touchwiz mod. It runs quite well and is pictured. I force stopped, then cleared data in the stock touchwiz home. Right after that, just restarted into twrp and flashed GRX
    The font is (currently) #160 ProximaNova from the Font Changer module in Magisk

Lots of CSC stuff including removal of the guest accounts.

Rooted with Magisk and a few apps added in that you may easily uninstall.

Please only W variant devices attempt to install

LINK:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1e5WuUULd0KG0d1ur9oZQ-u5Fu8MW-q8X/view?usp=sharing
    I remember now...

GRX Touchwiz.
    First uninstall any touchwiz updates and for good measure delete the app data, and force stop it. Then head into TWRP and flash attached zip. First boot I think you'll have to put up with some twitching as you head into default apps to settle it. (Select GRX as default launcher). Wouldn't really label it as a glitch because it's part of the process. If you've never tried it, I highly suggest you do! The only issue you might encounter is if you alter the grid too aggressively. You'll find the right way to tweak.