[Stock Rom] [ICS 4.0.3] Acer_A100_AV041_1.014.00_COM_GEN1

Search This thread

joooker16

Nov 9, 2010
Has anyone checked out the HDMI output on this ROM ?

On Honeycomb it worked, on my A100 with ICS it doesn't work any more....:rolleyes:

civato

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2011
Boot.img patched for full root.

Can someone test this boot.img , it's patched and tweaked for faster quadrant benchmarks but more important patched so there is no RW protection.
Meaning, just install SuperUser and you got root , no need to run the "easy root tool"

Flash with cwm
I also put the stock kernel in there.
If it works no need to run easy root tool and to unroot just flash the stock boot.img , should be that easy.
Flash right after installation of rom.

Please let me know.

Attachments

• A100-1.014.00-FULL-root-patched-Tweaks.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 56
  • A100-1.014.00Stock-Boot.img.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 57
Last edited:

fuego77

Oct 6, 2010
Renamed to update.zip and put file into root of sdcard, booted into recovery and I get an android with an exclamation mark

Stock tablet, not rooted or tinkered with. Any idea ? =\

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA

tomlogan1

Oct 29, 2007
Renamed to update.zip and put file into root of sdcard, booted into recovery and I get an android with an exclamation mark

Stock tablet, not rooted or tinkered with. Any idea ? =\

Make sure the new file does not have a second zip extension. It is a common error. Simply rename the file "update" without the quotes or zip extension. If that fails, try another sd card if you have one.

Last edited:

fuego77

Oct 6, 2010
Make sure the new file does not have a second zip extension. It is a common error. Simply rename the file "update" without the quotes or zip extension. If that fails, try another sd card if you have one.

Double checked the zip extension. All looks good. I'll try another sd card now

**Edit

It changes the file into a text file when I take away ".zip"

I'm a gen2 a100 if that matters.

Last edited:

cheeb

Dec 17, 2006
Double checked the zip extension. All looks good. I'll try another sd card now

**Edit

It changes the file into a text file when I take away ".zip"

I'm a gen2 a100 if that matters.

depending on how you have your computer configured...if you have it set to show file extensions (ie. .zip, .exe, .jpg) then you should NOT take away the .zip because it is part of the file extension..

I'm assuming your computer is set up like this....LEAVE THE .ZIP extension in there and just rename everything else to "update"....leaving you with the file "update.zip"

i.e.

---> Acer_A100_AV041_1.014.00_COM_GEN1.zip
now becomes
---> update.zip

Last edited:

fuego77

Oct 6, 2010
depending on how you have your computer configured...if you have it set to show file extensions (ie. .zip, .exe, .jpg) then you should NOT take away the .zip because it is part of the file extension..

I'm assuming your computer is set up like this....LEAVE THE .ZIP extension in there and just rename everything else to "update"....leaving you with the file "update.zip"

i.e.

---> Acer_A100_AV041_1.014.00_COM_GEN1.zip
now becomes
---> update.zip

Understand 100%

All I get is an android with a gear for about 1 second. Then it turns into an explanation mark..I have no idea what the problem is.

uploadfromtaptalk1336077482912.jpg

cheeb

Dec 17, 2006
Understand 100%

All I get is an android with a gear for about 1 second. Then it turns into an explanation mark..I have no idea what the problem is.

View attachment 1039115

Have you had the opportunity to try another card?? Usually if your doing everything right then it means there might be a fault with the card. If its any consolation, I was having issues with one of my cards that turn out to somehow hate my a100...but when I put another in there it worked fine...

k-millo

Aug 27, 2007
Great ROM, faster than previous leaks. I have a problem with the Mail app, it crashes when i try to open IT. Anybody else?

Gesendet von meinem A100 mit Tapatalk 2

Ahmazin

Mar 22, 2011
Virginia
www.youtube.com
Received a update on my a100 today

Earlier, I received an update notice... So thinking it was finally ICS, I had it download and left the house, thinking when I got back, I would be installing ICS. Got back home, ran the install and it ended up being honeycomb 3.2.1. An update I'm sure I should have gotten a long time ago. Needless to say, I was disappointed. I have never rooted or installed a ROM, so I don't get it? What is the issue with Acer and updates?

I do have a Gen 2, and it seems like there's an issue with the Gen 2 a100. Is my device defective because it's Gen 2 and not 1? It might have been explained before, but I been searching on the thread and I can't wrap my brain around it, so could someone explain it to me like I'm a 5 year old?

tony_2018

Aug 17, 2009
Check for update again and you will get the ics rom. I had to update twice friday morning and then I got the ics rom. I now wanna look for other ics roms that are tweaked, I now see that battery life does suck when playing emulators, watching a movie. Surfing the web is fine though.

Ahmazin

Mar 22, 2011
Virginia
www.youtube.com
Got 3 updates Today

Ok everyone, got 3 updates today. The first two, I have NO idea what they were for, but the last, was ICS! FINALLY! I had to go to check for updates on the last two, but there, they were.

lightbiter

Oct 3, 2007
reup

Does anybody have this file that they could reup the two links in this thread are both dead the Russian one just goes to an internal error page the drop box one just goes 404

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The decoded official version ICS for A100:
    Acer_AV041_A100_1.014.00_WW_GEN1

Rename in update.zip. It is put through official recovery.
    +1 for this request.
    Here you go...

http : // dl.dropbox.com/u/18078671/Acer_AV041_A100_1.014.00_WW_GEN1.zip

(remove the spaces in the link because I'm not allowed to post links as a new user)
    Was wondering why we didn't get the Acer Ring and face unlock? I thought we will get Acer Ring with the official update.
    I will ty to fix a rom of this version you can flash with custom cwm and that got the ring.
    But only if I find some time.
    Went on a flashing binge today. Started with cm9 and cmw this morning. Flashed flexreaper r2 from cm9 with no problem.

Saw this release so I downloaded it. Open it with 7zip and removed the bootloader.blob . Used cmw to flash this and the zip without the bootloader. It flashed fined. However, it broke cmw. Once it finished installing, the power button will no longer work in cmw to select. Held down power button to shutdown and reboot. Came up fine with everything working. Reroot with zero null root method. Had to install superuser from market to get root to work probably though.

Tried to reinstall cmw recovery from ad but no luck. All you see when you go into recovery is the dead android with the red symbol. Luckily the touch recovery zero null posted works (ZN you are my hero on this forum).

Crossix's SD swap works fine in this update. Haven't played with it long enough to see of the touch pad issue is fixed.

You can probably go straight from cm9 but be aware that cmw recovery will be screwed up. I have not tried the Thor recovery so i don't know if that works.

Hope that helps somebody.

Edit. Looks like the touch pad issue is fixed. Shadow gun working properly now among other games.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk