[stock rom latest version instalition guide] Honor 8 LRD-F09

Search This thread

GerasxD

Mar 1, 2015
Hello all you confused people!
I was at the same situation myself without having a backup after i bricked my honor 8.
I looked everywhere but i couldn't seem to find the latest firmware with a simple and easy instalition guide.
Basically all you have to do is flash the old rom version and then update your phone through HiSuite.
Things you are going to need:
  • A SDCard
  • Your device
  • The firmware of your region which you are going to get through the post i will link. Thanks a lot @DigiGoon
  • And last your pc with hisuite installed.
1)So download the firmware according to your device.
2)unzip it and you will have a folder named "dload"
3)take the folder with its contents and paste it to your SDCard
4)place the sdcard to your phone
5)Power your phone off if it isn't powered of already
6)press the volume up and down button and then press the power button(all at the same time!!!)
7)the phone will install the update package(firmware)by itself.after that its going to reboot
8)Then connect your phone with the computer and press update on Hisuite.it will download and install a full update.
9)after that update from the phones ota and you succesfully have your device like brand new out of the box.
if this helped you in any way press thanks if you are kind enough
thanks to @DigiGoon again for providing the firmware,feel free to ask me anything in the comments.

h4cker90

May 29, 2012
Dharwad
I was at the same situation myself without having a backup after i bricked my honor 8.
I looked everywhere but i couldn't seem to find the latest firmware with a simple and easy instalition guide.
Basically all you have to do is flash the old rom version and then update your phone through HiSuite.
  • A SDCard
  • Your device
  • The firmware of your region which you are going to get through the post i will link. Thanks a lot @DigiGoon
6)press the volume up and down button and then press the power button(all at the same time!!!)
7)the phone will install the update package(firmware)by itself.after that its going to reboot
8)Then connect your phone with the computer and press update on Hisuite.it will download and install a full update.
9)after that update from the phones ota and you succesfully have your device like brand new out of the box.
thanks to @DigiGoon again for providing the firmware,feel free to ask me anything in the comments.

Will this work on an unlocked bootloader?

Reactions: Faerloss

cypher187

Jan 17, 2016
Honor 5X
Honor 8
Yes, installation via dload method will work with locked bl and will likely relock your bootloader. And it's better to make a factory reset through recovery after installation and boot it up once before you update in next step.

About update via HiSuite, idk if this needs a locked BL.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using XDA Labs

Palindrom87

Mar 18, 2014
can i use this methode when i have a coustom recovery and an open bootloader?
I have android 6.0 and i want to install Oreo and later on rros.
Or is there a easier version to install oreo? Because my phone isnt bricked.

Last edited:

ScardracS

Recognized Developer
May 6, 2012
www.scardracs.blog
Redmi Note 10 Pro

You'd be able to update to nougat, go to B412, update to Oreo via HiSuite and than flash RROS. All these passages surely will delete all your datas and lock your device back.

Reactions: Palindrom87

Sideness

Jul 28, 2013
Paris
Hello there,
Thanks for the guide but where is the link to the firmwares?
I'm on the latest Oreo with unlocked bootloader and I wish to do that to relock my bootloader...

Sbodezzi

Jul 5, 2013
I tried this guide but doesnt work for me.. Once i reboot with three finger, after reach 5% recovery say me update failed

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A3003 utilizzando Tapatalk

sefil

Nov 3, 2019
Figueira da foz
Please help

Thanks help, my honor 8 frd-l09 broke down, constantly lost signal from network operator, so I bought on eBay a board supposedly would be the same but the seller lied, the board had Chinese firmware, after searching here on the site I followed a tutorial to rebrand from frd-al00 to frd-l09, everything was perfect, until updates started to arrive on the phone and I accepted, the third update occurred an error and the phone no longer started, to make it worse i tried to install another rom Now I have a brick.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    • A SDCard
    • Your device
    • A SDCard
    • Your device

Can I use this to update to EMUI 8 on FRD L04?

You'd be able to update to nougat, go to B412, update to Oreo via HiSuite and than flash RROS. All these passages surely will delete all your datas and lock your device back.