• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

[Stock][ROM][Nexus 5][Hammerhead][6.0.1] Flashable ZIP for Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow

fabio000

Jul 19, 2010
Mauá

hsrn

Jul 17, 2010
Hannover

shri_chanakya

Aug 7, 2012
Seattle, WA
@josito_theDH

could you please check if your script also flashes the included boot.img along with the system partition.
i couldn't find it.
seems like the old boot partition survives the flash process and is not overwritten by the new boot.img
Seems so. boot.img is not flashed in the update-script. Might need some update to the script.

As a work around you can extract boot image and flash it using twrp. Then flash bricked kernel ;)

robin786

Jan 7, 2011
KL
@josito_theDH

could you please check if your script also flashes the included boot.img along with the system partition.
i couldn't find it.
seems like the old boot partition survives the flash process and is not overwritten by the new boot.img
Just t understand this better, what will happen if the old boot partition survives the flash/not overwritten?

Can I dirty flash over the previous or clean flash is required for the boot image to update successfully?

keretapanau

Mar 6, 2013
noob question : how to check boot.img flashing or not

sorry for noob question...
just want to ask you, how we can check boot.img success flashing or not flashing....?

sorry for my bad english

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone