Stock ROM Nubia UI 5.0 v2.54 by arceoxis ✓Debloated ✓Integrated GApps ✓Magisk

arceoxis

Feb 11, 2013
La Coruña, Spain
I am glad to show you my first published custom ROM. The base is stock Nubia UI 5.0 v2.54.
I made these changes on it:

- Debloated from every useless chinese app.
- Integrated Magisk root.
- Full integrated GApps and nearly 100% functional.

SCREENSHOTS:

DOWNLOAD:

https://mega.nz/#!kB4GBAya!ZuyAsMie8WdD5iFNC-dCSIs8O0VzaFPhdi9-Zg9siJw

INSTRUCTIONS:

1.- Wipes of data, cache and dalvik.
2.- Flash the ROM.
3.- Reboot.
4.- Enjoy!

IMPORTANT NOTES:

- If the flash process fails with some error, it's because you didn't follow the previous instructions, so you know...
- If you are having trouble getting your Google account the first time, try again and be patient, it works.
- Remember to give all the permissions to GApps, to avoid problems.
- The first time you open Google Search, you will be prompted to update it, do it now.
- If you use Gmail, the first time you will get a Mail Migration error and will ask you to update Google Services, just do it and finished, it will work.
- It probably will not pass the SafetyNet test, to pass it you just need to install the Universal SafetyNet Fix module.

Last edited:

tsiebold

Jul 9, 2017
The ZIP file that can be downloaded from MEGA is 1.9GB in size.

Is this the ROM minus the debloated stuff plus the GAPPS?

THis is what we should flash, correct?

We do not need to "wait" for your real ROM ?

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

The size difference to the "normal" ROMs is around 800MB, that's why I believe this is the ROM minus debload plus GAPPS.

dragon-tmd

Jan 16, 2005
BRD
Thanks for you hard work, but

a) version 2.56 is already online
b) the Gapps are not working 100%. Same authentification error as with EVERY other Nubia-ROM. Play Store is working for some time, but after that you have to use the "offline-trick" very often. PLUS there are a few important gapss missing from the beginning.

I reinstalled the opengapps (full version) and after that it is working, but not better than any other available Nubia-ROM. Better use Mokee or Ressurection Remix.

I'm afraid, but Z17 is not meant for use outside of China and is a pain in the a** at the moment.

arceoxis

Feb 11, 2013
La Coruña, Spain

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

The size difference to the "normal" ROMs is around 800MB, that's why I believe this is the ROM minus debload plus GAPPS.
Yup, that's the full real ROM, enjoy the "bloatwareless" ;)

There is italian language insider? Flash in stock recovery?
I don't think so, I didn't touch translations and I think that stock ROM doesn't come with Italian language...

dragon-tmd

Jan 16, 2005
BRD
Thanks for your hard work, but

b) the Gapps are not working 100%. Same authentification error as with EVERY other Nubia-ROM. Play Store is working for some time, but after that you have to use the "offline-trick" very often (and every time you restart). PLUS there are a few important gapps missing from the beginning resulting in missing libraries (e.g. Maps). it will NOT help to install them via Play Store.

I flashed your rom clean, tested it fully and installed opengapp (full version). After that it is working better, but not better than any other available Nubia-ROM. Better use Mokee or Ressurection Remix.

I'm afraid, but Z17 is not meant for use outside of China and is a pain in the a** at the moment. Official firmware is crap! I will sell my Z17 now, it just won't work as a daily driver.

Last edited:

arceoxis

Feb 11, 2013
La Coruña, Spain
Thanks for you hard work, but

b) the Gapps are not working 100%. Same authentification error as with EVERY other Nubia-ROM. Play Store is working for some time, but after that you have to use the "offline-trick" very often. PLUS there are a few important gapss missing from the beginning.

I reinstalled the opengapps (full version) and after that it is working, but not better than any other available Nubia-ROM. Better use Mokee or Ressurection Remix.

I'm afraid, but Z17 is not meant for use outside of China and is a pain in the a** at the moment.
Good morning,

a) I "cooked" the ROM yesterday and I believed that 2.56 wasn't released.

b) I was using the ROM for the whole day and I only had problems at the beginning, but they were solved after updating the Google Services and Google Search.
I don't know what do you mean with "offline-trick" and I don't know what are the important GApps that are missing, I only include the basic ones.
It's always the same story, if I include those GApps there will be people complaining, why I included those GApps and if I don't include those, there will be people complaining as well...

Regards.

Last edited:

tsiebold

Jul 9, 2017
Just installed it

I just installed this ROM. It was confusing at the beginning because the text said it be V2.39.
It continued with no error and I rebootet.

When it came up it let me setup the initial stuff.
I then added my Google account.

Then I tried Play Store. It told me that it needed to be updated which I tapped on yes. Then a little window appeared very fast and was overlayed with the window to tell me that PlayStore needed to update. I quickly acceptet the grenn selction in both windows. PLayStore is up and updated 2 items.

I am also shown that there is a V2.56 update. Is it OK to select it?

Now will try to download some apps etc.

THANK YOU FOR PROVIDING THIS ROM !

arceoxis

Feb 11, 2013
La Coruña, Spain
I just installed this ROM. It was confusing at the beginning because the text said it be V2.39.
It continued with no error and I rebootet.

When it came up it let me setup the initial stuff.
I then added my Google account.

Then I tried Play Store. It told me that it needed to be updated which I tapped on yes. Then a little window appeared very fast and was overlayed with the window to tell me that PlayStore needed to update. I quickly acceptet the grenn selction in both windows. PLayStore is up and updated 2 items.

I am also shown that there is a V2.56 update. Is it OK to select it?

Now will try to download some apps etc.

THANK YOU FOR PROVIDING THIS ROM !
I don't recommend you to update to 2.56, because you will lose some things and bloatware probably will appear... I am going on holiday and I will try to cook the 2.56 or make a little update.

Enviado desde mi NX563J mediante Tapatalk

dragon-tmd

Jan 16, 2005
BRD
Good morning,

a) I "cooked" the ROM yesterday and I believed that 2.56 wasn't released.

b) I was using the ROM for the whole day and I only had problems at the beginning, but they were solved after updating the Google Services and Google Search.
I don't know what do you mean with "offline-trick" and I don't know what are the important GApps that are missing, I only include the basic ones.
It's always the same story, if I include those GApps there will be people complaining, why I included those GApps and if I don't include those, there will be people complaining as well...

Regards.
Again, thank you for your hard work (especially Magisk), but your rom is not working 100%.

The problem is, that there are a few google libraries missing in this rom, which can't be simply reinstalled by selecting the Google App in Play Store (e.g. Google Maps). There are a few third party apps who depends on these libraries and can't be installed.

Google Play Store stops working (and needs re-authenticating) every time you restart the device, or after you made a few installs. I updated Google Services and Search, but it won't help.

arceoxis

Feb 11, 2013
La Coruña, Spain
Again, thank you for your hard work (especially Magisk), but your rom is not working 100%.

The problem is, that there are a few google libraries missing in this rom, which can't be simply reinstalled by selecting the Google App in Play Store (e.g. Google Maps). There are a few third party apps who depends on these libraries and can't be installed.

Google Play Store stops working (and needs re-authenticating) every time you restart the device, or after you made a few installs. I updated Google Services and Search, but it won't help.
I repeat you, I tested it yesterday downloading all my apps, doing some reboots. And all was working well. I will wait for other reviews...

Enviado desde mi NX563J mediante Tapatalk