Stock rom of Doogee S96 pro

Search This thread

giubenez

Mar 30, 2011
Dear community,
I have a doogee S96 pro, I'm from Italy, and I installed TWRP from the unofficaltwrp guide.

Now I'm no more able to boot, the phones goes directly to the recovery.

Probably magisk was no able to patch the system and to disable the tm verity (avb). I have a super partition, and from what I saw the fstab is inside the vendor partition inside super.

Doogee does not provide stock roms, so I cannot restore the phone as factory settings, that's why I open this thread.

Is someone available to help me booting into Android or available to give me the stock boot/recovery img? It's a fast and safe procedure, I can give more details on how to do.

Thank you!

Reactions: Kayniedude

Ankiseth

Mar 3, 2021
Dear @giubenez I had a similar problem. But after I got in touch with doogee support they sent me the firmware. I want to share it with you and with any other person that wants to ROOT THE DOOGEE S96 PRO

The following link is the firmware and upgrade tool. Please open and download.
Please note that if your computer system is French you need to change the name of the downloaded file.

When upgrading the firmware, please do not select the 'Format All+Download' option
When flashing the phone, please set up the software first, turn off the phone, and then connect the phone to the computer.

Best wishes

giubenez

Mar 30, 2011
btw a couple of days after your post, another user posted the same folder on https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=1010578&st=340.

I rooted the phone by using the 4pda method (i.e. flashing super.img, boot.img, vbmeta.img). After that I flashed twrp and it was fine. Everything was working.

After that I downloaded the OTA update and the phone is no more able to boot, simply goes to TWRP. I tried formatting data, dalvik and cache but the situation is always the same: when i try to boot i go to the recovery. Any idea? Thank you

Reactions: alecxs

Ankiseth

Mar 3, 2021
@giubenez Im very happy to contribute something. IDK why doogee doesnt list this firmware in their website. I was very lucky to receive an answer to my emails.

Also I successfully rooted my S96 PRO, but I learned a few things in the process that might be helpful to you or anyone trying to root this model.

1) After flashing the boot.img (using magisk method). The device went into a boot loop. I could not enter into recovery mode either. I discovered vbmeta was responsible for the boot loop.

Google introduced vbmeta which is also a verity check. An option to bypass this check is to flash an empty vbmeta.img before attempting to flash TWRP recovery.

I solved this by flashing an empty vbmeta file.
Code:
fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
You can download the vbmeta.img file I used HERE

2) After flashing vbmeta, the device finally booted and the root was done. But the first time, I noticed all the internal storage folders and files were encrypted. (I know this is normal when you browse files through TWRP, but it happened to me while using the phone in the first boot)
I solved that by wiping > Format Data in TWRP

3) Here you can find the files I used to install TWRP and remove the orange state notification on boot: LINK "Credits to www.getdroidtips.com"

Last edited:

AdvIKAR

Feb 28, 2015
@giubenez Im very happy to contribute something. IDK why doogee doesnt list this firmware in their website. I was very lucky to receive an answer to my emails.

Also I successfully rooted my S96 PRO, but I learned a few things in the process that might be helpful to you or anyone trying to root this model.

1) After flashing the boot.img (using magisk method). The device went into a boot loop. I could not enter into recovery mode either. I discovered vbmeta was responsible for the boot loop.

Code:

2) After flashing vbmeta, the device finally booted and the root was done. But the first time, I noticed all the internal storage folders and files were encrypted. (I know this is normal when you browse files through TWRP, but it happened to me while using the phone in the first boot)

3) Here you can find the files I used to install TWRP and remove the orange state notification on boot: LINK "Credits to www.getdroidtips.com"
GOD BLESS YOU, Ankiseth!
YOU SAVE MY PHONE! SPFLASH AND EVERYTHING WORKS!

berzerking

May 6, 2010
Var
tuxme.net
Hi guys : I need help. Since the last firmware update (settings/about phone/update) DOOGEE-S96Pro-EEA-Android10.0-20210128, my Ir Camera don't work anymore

Video : https://oracle.tuxme.net/s/Xng63Ej3kJoJhOj

When I used the dial mode *#*#8613#*#* SINGLE TEST
* INFRAED LIGHT : i see the IR light
* Night Vision camera : app crash like the camera when i switch to the night vision mode.

Doggee mail me :

Good day, I would like to ask you to help us. Please use the following link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvX9KABcpSV1kTOgCMsUkLyXY-we?e=nMchxl Download the previous version of the S96pro firmware and follow the tutorial to return the phone to OTA The previous version (ver3.02) was upgraded. The tutorial has been included in the firmware compression package. Please test the night vision camera after flashing the camera and let me know if it can be used normally. Thank you very much.

But the documentation is .... you know ...

Have you a step by step tutorial or tools to do that ?

Beanpod_ActiveTool is a tool to modified serials, Imei ?

Have i to used SP Flash tool ?

Thanks guys !!

by the way @Ankiseth :
Please note that if your computer system is French you need to change the name of the downloaded file.
which file ?

HouseOwl

Mar 11, 2021
Hi guys : I need help. Since the last firmware update (settings/about phone/update) DOOGEE-S96Pro-EEA-Android10.0-20210128, my Ir Camera don't work anymore

Video : https://oracle.tuxme.net/s/Xng63Ej3kJoJhOj

When I used the dial mode *#*#8613#*#* SINGLE TEST
* INFRAED LIGHT : i see the IR light
* Night Vision camera : app crash like the camera when i switch to the night vision mode.

Doggee mail me :

But the documentation is .... you know ...

Have you a step by step tutorial or tools to do that ?

Beanpod_ActiveTool is a tool to modified serials, Imei ?

Have i to used SP Flash tool ?

Thanks guys !!

by the way @Ankiseth : which file ?
There Is Hope Brother... I Just Downloaded The Files And Used The SCATTER-LOADING FILE From 3.02 on SP-FlashTools 5.2 Switched It To Download Only And Hit Download .. Plugged In My Phone To USB While OFF And aftyer the loading was complete .. Phone Reboot As If NEW. ( HARD RESET) EVERYTHING LOST WARNING.. But IR CAMERA is Working AGAIN!!!!! Now i Just Have To ReLoad All Apps And Accounts .. And Wait For The oukitel WP7 i ordered out of frustration. Will Be Doing A Review Comparison On Both Cameras !!!!! You Can Follow Me Here If Interested :) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYOpd4yooYgKS-0xe63jnCw

berzerking

May 6, 2010
Var
tuxme.net
Hi all. Thanks for the information. I was in touch with doogee and they say to me that there is an update during this WE (S9S88A7.DGE.DOOGEE.EEA.HB.HJAYYDVFAZ.0128.V3.03820210313-2312.

Nothing change IR camera don't work ;)

I will flash my S96pro during the week with S9S88A7.DGE.DOOGEE.EEA.HB.HJ.AYYDVFAZ.1130.V3.02.zip and I'll post here what happened :)

giubenez

Mar 30, 2011
btw a couple of days after your post, another user posted the same folder on https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=1010578&st=340.

I rooted the phone by using the 4pda method (i.e. flashing super.img, boot.img, vbmeta.img). After that I flashed twrp and it was fine. Everything was working.

After that I downloaded the OTA update and the phone is no more able to boot, simply goes to TWRP. I tried formatting data, dalvik and cache but the situation is always the same: when i try to boot i go to the recovery. Any idea? Thank you
I solved in this way:
>fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
(with the empty vbmeta
>fastboot.exe flash recovery recovery.img
(with the stock recovery)
>fastboot reboot

after that the update attempted to start and failed, the phone then boot to android.

The updates always failes after that, so I disabled them.

giubenez

Mar 30, 2011
this is why the update fails..is it because I used the the Russian super img?
IMG_20210316_145020~2.jpg

#edit: it was because I flashed the wrong recovery. With the correct one, i still have issues with the update: md5 chechsum controll is not passed and the update aborts.

I don't care, I prefer a rooted phone without the updates.

Last edited:

sorus48

Mar 31, 2021
your device has not passed the test and may not work properly - Here is a message on the screen . Constantly overloaded is not included in the recovery. The firmware doesn't help.

thielinc

Mar 28, 2013
Thanks giubenez ,u saved me but now I have the watermark from formatting Google Key State : Fail, I don't see a factory mode file to freeze, tried ADB and couldn't find the build prop values, has anyone else ran into this with a fix?

giubenez

Mar 30, 2011
I can't get what problem are you facing. I unlocked and rooted my s96 pro.
If you describe your issue i can help you solving it.

However, i found very risky to root the phone, if you plan to do the ota updates avoid TWRP since it'll make you bootloop at the moment you try to install the update.
The only way to solve it is to flash the stock recovery through adb.

mittkonto

Jul 19, 2020
So.. yeah.

I have recently procured this device and want to install twrp, and stock and/or test a gsi and in what capacity the phone works with one of those.

Enabled both developer mode & the usb debug mode and adb devices lists the device.
N.B; the supplied s96pro cable does not seem to carry data, "presumably" because doogee is cheapskates on cables, as well in the support department. I had to use my sony headphone cable. Go figure, its consequential at least, so there's that.

In any case, read this thread and have downloaded all files, including the apparently new stock rom that is listed since yesterday in the evidently wholesome user Ankiseth's link above.

Questions:

In the 4pda link there are some instructions, specifically the adb command with the boot.img, however.. the links seems to be dead. What to do?

A) Can I first do the vbmeta command and then use our lord and savior Ankiseth's twrp recovery file and follow a generic "Case II: Devices with A/B partition scheme" mentioned in this xda twrp guide?

B) Hope that some other wholesome user share the boot.img file?
(Or, can I use the one in the zip file 'S9S88A7.DGE.DOOGEE.HB.HJ.AYYDVFAZ.1203.V3.04' ?)

-

After twrp is accessible can I use twrp/adb and install either the mentioned shared rom and any gsi for that matter?
I use linux and sure there is spflash, but the adb & twrp combo "subjectively feels" as a more stable way of doing things.

mittkonto

Jul 19, 2020
Update 2. Got both twrp and magisk going. Now to figure out if I can install a gsi.

Update, got spflashtool working and used the latest stock rom mentioned in my previous post.

However.

I patched the boot.img from said stock rom in magisk and also flashed twrp-recovery with fastboot.

No luck. Magisk seems not to be installed and the usual twrp gui does not show, seems to be the stock recovery. Got a orange state though.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dear @giubenez I had a similar problem. But after I got in touch with doogee support they sent me the firmware. I want to share it with you and with any other person that wants to ROOT THE DOOGEE S96 PRO

The following link is the firmware and upgrade tool. Please open and download.

When upgrading the firmware, please do not select the 'Format All+Download' option
    When flashing the phone, please set up the software first, turn off the phone, and then connect the phone to the computer.

Best wishes

Google introduced vbmeta which is also a verity check. An option to bypass this check is to flash an empty vbmeta.img before attempting to flash TWRP recovery.

Code:

Dear community,
    I have a doogee S96 pro, I'm from Italy, and I installed TWRP from the unofficaltwrp guide.

Now I'm no more able to boot, the phones goes directly to the recovery.

Probably magisk was no able to patch the system and to disable the tm verity (avb). I have a super partition, and from what I saw the fstab is inside the vendor partition inside super.

Doogee does not provide stock roms, so I cannot restore the phone as factory settings, that's why I open this thread.

Is someone available to help me booting into Android or available to give me the stock boot/recovery img? It's a fast and safe procedure, I can give more details on how to do.

Thank you!