• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[STOCK ROM] Stock 4.3 MJA [ROOTED/UNROOTED]

Search This thread

Chuki82

Jun 30, 2010
Kt kernel with wifi fix worked. I would like the default kernel though. Not that I dislike other kernels I've always felt stock is typically the most stable with the fewest of problems.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Kt kernel with wifi fix worked. I would like the default kernel though. Not that I dislike other kernels I've always felt stock is typically the most stable with the fewest of problems.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Good to know

I actually just checked out his wifi fix, and it's nothing specific to KT kernel. So if you like, you can flash this rom again, then flash the wifi fix and all should be good :)

Reactions: Chuki82

kirschdog1

Guys should I wait until this all gets figured out with Knox and wait for a flashable modem/firmware that wont trip Knox or should I go for the update at the risk of tripping Knox and not being able to restore old twrp backups? This whole fiascal has me confused and worried about what to do.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda premium

ParkerParker

Aug 10, 2013
ThE EvErGrEeN StAtE
Guys should I wait until this all gets figured out with Knox and wait for a flashable modem/firmware that wont trip Knox or should I go for the update at the risk of tripping Knox and not being able to restore old twrp backups? This whole fiascal has me confused and worried about what to do.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda premium

I would risk it, who wants to restore to there favorite old mf9 roms when you can have a fully operational smart watch :)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

prc292

May 3, 2012
I got this after flashing new kt kernel on mja

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-11-06-00-39-55.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-11-06-00-39-55.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 415

Amd4life

Dec 30, 2010
Google Pixel 5a
I got tired of waiting so I downloaded the stock MF9 tar.md5 from sammobile (here is a fast mirror: http://goo.gl/gky86G, sourced from here). This one does not wipe data. You can verify it by opening it in an a program that supports tar and looking at the files within it... Those are the partitions it overwrites.

I used odin to flash it over my stock rooted MF9. Rebooted. Put the OTA on my external sd card, flashed through recovery, it booted up then once boot was finished it rebooted again, then showed a message that it was fully updated. All my data was still there.

Then I flashed cf auto root through odin, rebooted. Then flashed TWRP through odin, rebooted to check that it actually stuck, and I was good. The whole process didn't take more than 30 minutes (most of it waiting) and all my data was preserved.

It seems that with all the issues with the new firmware, that it's actually worth the trouble to do it the "official" way to make sure it works, especially since it's trivial to get root back. My hesitance was that I wasn't sure if going to stock via odin would wipe data (coming from HTC where everything was a zip).

EDIT: After flashing cf auto root, the su binary was installed (so root was available to apps, like Titanium Backup, Folder mount, etc), but the SuperSU app itself wasn't there. I just reinstalled it from the Play Store, opened the app, and it updated the su binary to the newest version.

This method was explained perfectly (especially with the links too) and worked perfectly. The only additional step I might add is flash philz touch 5.18.2 recovery (instead of TWRP) http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2322679, with odin 1.85. then reboot, 3 button into the new recovery and flash UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.65.zip http://download.chainfire.eu/351/ from the main super user website, to keep root. all my backups worked with mybackup pro

Thanks for the help

wsoxfan1214

Jan 7, 2013
This method was explained perfectly (especially with the links too) and worked perfectly. The only additional step I might add is flash philz touch 5.18.2 recovery (instead of TWRP) http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2322679, with odin 1.85. then reboot, 3 button into the new recovery and flash UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.65.zip http://download.chainfire.eu/351/ from the main super user website, to keep root. all my backups worked with mybackup pro

Thanks for the help

Will this trip Knox.

And just making sure - what did you mean by "three button into the new recovery"?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    5lBeg1V.jpg

Simple. Stock rom, zipaligned and rooted. Will add some goodies later.

Note: Devs ARE FREE to use this as a base to update their roms. No need to ask. No need to PM. Nothing. I don't even really care if you give credit or not since it's just a stock rom. Have fun :good:

[SIZE=+1]Download[/SIZE]

• MODS
    • MJA Stock Kernel w/ init.d and bootanimation.zip support: Temporarily removed
      - Enables bootanimation.zip support instead of using Samsung's default *.qmg files. Includes a a Nexus bootanimation.zip so you can know if it worked. Also enables support for running /system/etc/init.d scripts at boot.

[SIZE=+1]Credits[/SIZE]
    • dsixda - Android Kitchen
    • @ram9200 - for posting the 4.3 system dump. Couldn't have done this without you taking the time to do this, thanks dude :good:
    • @kevinsturf - for posting the OTA.zip from which I pulled the boot.img
    • kevinrocksman - 4.3 bootanimation binary with bootanimation.zip support
    • Sprint
    • Samsung
    • Google
    [SIZE=+1] HUGE HUGE NOTE. THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE THE 4.3 FIRMWARE. THAT WILL NEED TO BE PULLED FROM A 4.3 OTA'ED DEVICE AS SAMSUNG DECIDED TO PATCH THE MODEM INSTEAD OF PACKAGING THE ENTIRE THING.[/SIZE]
    ok guys after hours and hours of trying i got a flashable booting

there are issues but its booted
    ok guys thanks to omariscal1019 just extracted everything we need for a bootable rom hes uploading now so ill keep u guys in the loop on how it goes
    Me and sac are working on fixing this rom ATM.
    Guys the fixed one is up, enjoy, sorry for the inconvenience