• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[STOCK ROM] Stock 4.3 MJA [ROOTED/UNROOTED]

Search This thread

Dekdo

Nov 8, 2013
Does anyone have a stock MJA file I can flash to my S4 through ODIN?

Had some issues with my device and basically thats the only thing that can be flashed to it thanks to KNOX. The only thing my phone can do is get into download mode.. I think everything else has been wiped.

yotaking

Jan 5, 2013
winchester
Does anyone have a stock MJA file I can flash to my S4 through ODIN?

Had some issues with my device and basically thats the only thing that can be flashed to it thanks to KNOX. The only thing my phone can do is get into download mode.. I think everything else has been wiped.

Sounds like a soft brick. But no worrys since u can get to download mode. Your gonna have to push phillz recovery thru odin. Then flash a rooted mja rom

When pushing recovery, soon As phone goes to restarts n vibartes pull battery dont let it fully load. Put battery back in and hold power vol up n home to go to recovery. Lettin ur phone fullin powering after puahin recovery thru odi. Can cause u to lose recovery
Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Dekdo

Nov 8, 2013
Sounds like a soft brick. But no worrys since u can get to download mode. Your gonna have to push phillz recovery thru odin. Then flash a rooted mja rom

When pushing recovery, soon As phone goes to restarts n vibartes pull battery dont let it fully load. Put battery back in and hold power vol up n home to go to recovery. Lettin ur phone fullin powering after puahin recovery thru odi. Can cause u to lose recovery
Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

Im sorry MJ7 (Verizon) is what im looking for. Right now my phone doesnt have a recovery and it seems like the only way to get my phone back to stock is to flash a stock MJ7 file through odin.

Reactions: dtr145r

yotaking

Jan 5, 2013
winchester
Im sorry MJ7 (Verizon) is what im looking for. Right now my phone doesnt have a recovery and it seems like the only way to get my phone back to stock is to flash a stock MJ7 file through odin.

Well thts something ur gonna have to find in the verizon section. We only deal with sprint roms. But find an unroot tar file for your phone n push tht thru odin. That will bring u back to stock.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

optimummind

Jun 17, 2012
Orange, CA
So - flashing this and then Odining the official MJA thing in the general discussion subforum should update my ROM/Modem and firmware to 4.3?

But why would you want to do that? If you want MJA everything & don't care about the restricted MJA bootloader, then just flash the MJA tar file with PC Odin.

If you want everything MJA except the bootloader, then follow this guide to individually update the ROM, kernel, modem, & recovery to MJA and leave the bootloader at MF9.

Reactions: CyberpodS2

Spider_Pig27

Nov 7, 2009
Los Angeles
Google Pixel 5
Yes but you'll trip Knox (idk if that matters to you) in the process of flashing a custom recovery to be able to flash this

So by triping knox I would have to flash something via odin? or it would just revert back to stock recovery and boot up fine.?

BTW I already have a custom recovery I have Philz adavnced edition..

Im just trying to flash something fully stock even if its still rooted and the recovery changes or stays the same

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
So by triping knox I would have to flash something via odin? or it would just revert back to stock recovery and boot up fine.?

Tripping knox will not have any adverse consequences other than that your bootloader flag will be 0x1 instead of 0x0

To flash this you need a custom recovery right? Well to get a custom recovery, the installation of one will trip your knox flag

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    5lBeg1V.jpg

Simple. Stock rom, zipaligned and rooted. Will add some goodies later.

Note: Devs ARE FREE to use this as a base to update their roms. No need to ask. No need to PM. Nothing. I don't even really care if you give credit or not since it's just a stock rom. Have fun :good:

[SIZE=+1]Download[/SIZE]

• MODS
    • MJA Stock Kernel w/ init.d and bootanimation.zip support: Temporarily removed
      - Enables bootanimation.zip support instead of using Samsung's default *.qmg files. Includes a a Nexus bootanimation.zip so you can know if it worked. Also enables support for running /system/etc/init.d scripts at boot.

[SIZE=+1]Credits[/SIZE]
    • dsixda - Android Kitchen
    • @ram9200 - for posting the 4.3 system dump. Couldn't have done this without you taking the time to do this, thanks dude :good:
    • @kevinsturf - for posting the OTA.zip from which I pulled the boot.img
    • kevinrocksman - 4.3 bootanimation binary with bootanimation.zip support
    • Sprint
    • Samsung
    • Google
    [SIZE=+1] HUGE HUGE NOTE. THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE THE 4.3 FIRMWARE. THAT WILL NEED TO BE PULLED FROM A 4.3 OTA'ED DEVICE AS SAMSUNG DECIDED TO PATCH THE MODEM INSTEAD OF PACKAGING THE ENTIRE THING.[/SIZE]
    ok guys after hours and hours of trying i got a flashable booting

there are issues but its booted
    ok guys thanks to omariscal1019 just extracted everything we need for a bootable rom hes uploading now so ill keep u guys in the loop on how it goes
    Me and sac are working on fixing this rom ATM.
    Guys the fixed one is up, enjoy, sorry for the inconvenience