• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[stock][rom][v20c][bumped] [5.0] [d855] [01/12]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

BlueEyes99

Oct 14, 2010
As far as I can tell, this rom works flawless!
I flashed it and tried to root with Chainfires Root 2.35 (not sure how I ended up with that one) which didnt seem to help rooting the device. After downloading and flashing 2.37, all is good! sooti thank you for your work!

Akhayev

Nov 9, 2013
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 8T
that's what I did! as you can see I'm not the only that has problems! maybe because we wiped internal storage? or maybe because I used your first release without kernel fix? the strange thing is that sometime is working and sometime not.. and I am reading the same for other roms.. so maybe we have something different from your configuration!

Root working with me too .. I just flashed the supersu again and it worked

davidep85

Feb 15, 2006
Genoa
Maybe he didn't patched the kernel. With a custom kernel all is working as is should. We will wait for a rom that support root, this is intended as stock rom and Sooti is not intended to help us.

xathanatosx

Nov 20, 2012
Maybe he didn't patched the kernel. With a custom kernel all is working as is should. We will wait for a rom that support root, this is intended as stock rom and Sooti is not intended to help us.

it is a good job that he have made. Time to time and all will be ok!

You mean that root works if i flash a custom kernel?
but i suppose the kernel is an kitkat based one.

p.s. you are from italy? i'm too. ;)

Last edited:

sooti

Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2012

No im not, this is for people who want STOCK ROM only maybe with root but root is optional, if you want a prerooted stock rom with tweaks try one of the HD ROM or one of the other custom roms, don't spam this thread, all i offer is stock for people who want to upgrade without losing recovery for future custom use

resitm

Jun 20, 2012
Mods please close thread, guys this is why i stopped posting custom roms...

before the thread is closed i have a question. i downloaded the zip file and flashed the twrp in your OP. I noticed that the link for root is removed. i already have that file. i noticed that you repeatedly said that the rom has no issues. Can i go ahead with flashing this rom and then root without any problems? thank you for your work and patience with us all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's here and Its bumped ;)

First of all I am not responsible for ANY issues you may experience when using this or flashing this, you mess up your device its your fault

THIS IS FOR LG G3 D855 MODEL ONLY! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FLASH ON ANY OTHER MODEL!

This is stock lollipop build V20C for d855, it is safe to flash, you will not lose bump, if you want root, you need to flash the latest root zip from chainfire, this is simply stock rom + LP Modem + stock kernel (bumped)

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Flash bumped recovery here
    2. Backup, then do full wipe
    3. Flash this ROM in TWRP
    4. REBOOT - Done :)

There is no root in this rom please stop spamming the thread, if you don't know how to root or have never rooted and want it in this rom move alone please

Credits: @Skin1980 all credit to him, its his flashing script and he helped me bump the kernel since LG changed something :)

Downloads

ROM: Link

For more info on fixing issues please refer to skin1980's main lollipop post

LInks:
    Solve error message after boot complete: Link

XDA:DevDB Information
    [STOCK][ROM][V20C][BUMPED] [5.0] [D855] [01/12], ROM for the LG G3

Contributors
    sooti, skin1980
    ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: V20C
    Stable Release Date: 2014-12-01

Created 2014-12-01
    Last Updated 2014-12-01

No im not, this is for people who want STOCK ROM only maybe with root but root is optional, if you want a prerooted stock rom with tweaks try one of the HD ROM or one of the other custom roms, don't spam this thread, all i offer is stock for people who want to upgrade without losing recovery for future custom use
    Issue fixed, new link added
    Added a mirror at dev host