[Stock/Rooted Boot Images] Pixel 4a [NOV 02]

Search This thread

Zlatty

got her done, however, i am still not passing ctsProfile. any ideas? running 10 (QD4A.200805.003)

I got nothing for cts

In Magisk, install the MagiskHide Props Config module;

Execute command 'su -c props' using a terminal app on the phone;

Choose 'Force BASIC key attestation' option from menu;

Choose from fingerprints list' -> 'Google', 'Google Pixel 3a', although a Nexus fingerprint will likely work as well. View attachment 5086411View attachment 5086413View attachment 5086415

Wonderful. Google pay works on my rooted 4a. Now to do this with my other magisk phones. Thank you!

Reactions: ToHellWithGA

Zlatty

Thanks guys, got the steps added to the OP, should hopefully be good now :good:

You do not need to do:
Code:
Choose from fingerprints list' -> 'Google', 'Google Pixel 3a', although a Nexus fingerprint will likely work as well

When you choose a fingerprint it defaults to Pixel 4a, and all you have to do is confirm and then reboot. Source: just did this :cool:

aohus

Sep 10, 2010
Yep, I was getting the same results using the beta firmware and boot img provided and my own as well as the Augusta firmware with the provided images and my own that I pulled from the factory image and ones I patched.

Anyone know if it is possible to sideload magisk as a zip?

i get same issue.

edit: i was able to resolve by modifying to: fastboot flash boot_a desiredbootimage.img

Last edited:
Reactions: HolyAngel

HolyAngel

Recognized Dev / Inactive Recognized Contributor
You do not need to do:
Code:
Choose from fingerprints list' -> 'Google', 'Google Pixel 3a', although a Nexus fingerprint will likely work as well

When you choose a fingerprint it defaults to Pixel 4a, and all you have to do is confirm and then reboot. Source: just did this :cool:

i get same issue.

edit: i was able to resolve by modifying to: fastboot flash boot_a desiredbootimage.img

Thanks! Got the OP updated :good:

nogods

Dec 10, 2014
I tried two terminalo apps - typing in 'su -c props' (without the quotes) then hiting the return key does nothing - what am i missing?

nogods

Dec 10, 2014
I had the same issue. Use the instructions in post #61 and select Pixel 3a from the list of devices. Only when using 3a, I was able to pass. Good luck!

Sent from the singletrack...

Thank you for that clarification.

I selected the 4a fingerprint because it was on the list of fingerprints. Before I re-try using the 3a fingerprint I wonder if anyone can tell us the impact if any of picking a fingerprint different from the actual phone and why the 4a fingerprint doesn't work.

DJesri13

Apr 29, 2018
Xiaomi Mi 11
I had success passing when I was defaulted to Nexus 5 as well as when I chose Pixel 3a and now when I am set to Pixel 4a.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200830-090032.png
    Screenshot_20200830-090032.png
    104.1 KB · Views: 213
  • Screenshot_20200830-090045.png
    Screenshot_20200830-090045.png
    59.5 KB · Views: 213

nogods

Dec 10, 2014
ok - here is how i got ctsProfile to true after my first attempt picking the pixel 4a fingerprint:

1. under Magisk ->> Settings I restored Magisk Manager with the original package name.

2. restarted my phone

3. Under Magisk ->> Settings I again hid Magisk Manager.

4. The I ran the su -c props command in a terminal emulator - it responded that I had a 4a Pixel fingerprint - I choose to keep it and chose the reboot option

5. after the reboot ctsProfile now shows True.

BTW - even before doing that I was able to signup for an add a card to google pay - i had never used google pay on any phone before, so I'm wondering if the "false" report for ctsProfile before i went through these steps was incorrect.

insink71

Nov 9, 2010
Greenville, SC
teamblueridge.org
So there are two hides in Magisk Mgr settings.. repackage as another name.. then an additional toggle a lil further down.. I tried both.. still no love. Maybe I'll try nexus 5 -> Pixel 3a -> Pixel 4a migration and see if I get a 'true' hit.
Another thing I've noticed is the bootloader message comes up on every boot since unlocking bootloader/rooting. Is that fairly common? If I get cts to true will it go back to quick restart? Now that I'm thinking, do I need to relock the bootloader to get cts = true? Hehe.
On a third note, did anyone else notice a Google library deinstalling itself after/around root? Attached screenshot, second from the bottom. Could this have anything possibly to do with the ctsProfile = false?
huWdNG.jpg

Last edited:

HolyAngel

Another thing I've noticed is the bootloader message comes up on every boot since unlocking bootloader/rooting. Is that fairly common? If I get cts to true will it go back to quick restart? Now that I'm thinking, do I need to relock the bootloader to get cts = true? Hehe.

This is totally normal. DO NOT RELOCK BOOTLOADER ON MODIFIED DEVICE. You'll softbrick if you do and it'll be hard to flash the factory images. Just stay unlocked if you need root/custom stuff. If you don't then reflash factory images and then relock and can ignore xda. Usually someone comes along and mods the bootloader to remove that text but it doesn't matter, doesn't hurt anything.

aohus

Sep 10, 2010
quick heads up.

I am on Verizon but installed the global version of the factory images, because i thought i had bought global version of the Pixel 4a. Lo and behold the version i have is for verizon, so make sure that you select the right factory images.
@HolyAngel if you can remodify the steps and change it back to 'fastboot flash boot desiredrecovery.img' that would be best.

The issue was that I flashed the wrong factory images...

Last edited:

HolyAngel

quick heads up.

I am on Verizon but installed the global version of the factory images, because i thought i had bought global version of the Pixel 4a. Lo and behold the version i have is for verizon, so make sure that you select the right factory images.
@HolyAngel if you can remodify the steps and change it back to 'fastboot flash boot desiredrecovery.img' that would be best.

The issue was that I flashed the wrong factory images...

Ah fun times.. I updated the OP and separated out the 10 and 11beta flashing since some of the beta people reported they HAD to do boot_a to get it to flash properly on there. Thanks for the heads up :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We have stock factory boot images, I'm only posting the latest builds.
    The rooted android 10 images are rooted with latest Magisk 20.4
    The rooted 11 images are rooted with latest Magisk Canary 4e0a3f5e
    You will still need to install the Magisk Manager to use root. Root will not work without it.
    You HAVE to be bootloader unlocked in order to flash a boot image, meaning these Verizon images are likely useless but google does say it covers extra carriers too. The 11 images seem to be unified in terms of Verizon and other carriers, but do NOT cover

Make sure to match the boot image build number to your own build number. (Settings/about/android version/build number)

-

Android 11 - RP1A - NOV - Stock Factory Boot
    Stock Boot Image - Global - rp1a.201105.002 - All carriers except EMEA, SG, and IN
    AFH

Old Stock Boot Versions

Android 11 - RP1A - Oct - Stock Factory Boot
    Stock Boot Image - Global - rp1a.201005.006 - All carriers except EMEA, SG, and IN
    AFH

Android 11 - RP1A - Sept - Stock Factory Boot
    Stock Boot Image - Global - rp1a.200720.011 - All carriers except EMEA, SG, and IN
    AFH

Android 11 Beta R3 - RPB3 - Stock Factory Boot
    Stock Boot Image - Global - rpb3.200720.005
    AFH

Android 10 - QD4A - Aug - Stock Factory Boot
    Stock Boot Image - Global - QD4A.200805.003
    AFH

Stock Boot Image - VZW/JP - QD4A.200805.001
    AFH

--

Android 11 - RP1A - Nov - Rooted Factory Boot
    Rooted Boot Image - Global - rp1a.201105.002 - All carriers except EMEA, SG, and IN
    AFH

Old Rooted Boot Versions

Android 11 - RP1A - Oct - Rooted Factory Boot
    Rooted Boot Image - Global - rp1a.201005.006 - All carriers except EMEA, SG, and IN
    AFH

Android 11 - RP1A - Sept - Rooted Factory Boot
    Rooted Boot Image - Global - rp1a.200720.011 - All carriers except EMEA, SG, and IN
    AFH

Android 11 Beta R3 - RPB3 - Rooted Factory Boot - Thanks to @Xenanthropy !
    Rooted Boot Image - Global - rpb3.200720.005
    AFH

Android 10 - QD4A - Aug - Rooted Factory Boot
    Rooted Boot Image - Global - QD4A.200805.003
    AFH

Rooted Boot Image - VZW/JP - QD4A.200805.001
    AFH

--

For root on Android 11, you need the latest Magisk Canary that can be found here

Steps to proceed:
    Unlock Bootloader
    Ensure you are on latest android version
    Ensure you have the latest versions of adb/fastboot tools
    Download the desired boot image and place where adb tools have access
    Connect phone to pc and open terminal/cmd prompt to where you put that desired boot image

On the phone:
    Go to Settings/About and scroll to the bottom
    tap 'Build Number' 7 times
    type password/pincode if you have it otherwise don't worry
    Go to Settings/System/Developer Options
    Enable OEM Unlocking
    Enable USB Debugging
    Accept USB Debugging prompt on phone - If this doesn't pop-up by itself, unplug phone and plug back in to pc and then it should pop-up, HAVE to allow access..

On pc type:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot flashing unlock

On phone:
    Volume up/down to YES and press power button to proceed with bootloader unlock and wiping data partition
    fastboot reboot

--

Flash Boot Image on Bootloader Unlocked Device
    Ensure you are on an android version matching the boot image you want to download(Check Settings/About - Click on Android Version - Look at 'Build Number')
    Download desired boot image on pc and place it where somewhere you have adb/fastboot access
    Connect phone to pc and open terminal/cmd prompt to where you put that desired boot image
    Reboot phone to bootloader

on pc type:
    fastboot flash boot desired-bootimage-name.img
    fastboot reboot

--

To Pass CTS w/root- Courtesy of @quangtran1
    After flashing rooted kernel:
    In Magisk Manager, install the MagiskHide Props Config module;

Execute command 'su -c props' using a terminal app on the phone;

Choose 'Force BASIC key attestation' option from menu;

Choose from fingerprints list, it should default to Pixel 4a, just Confirm
    Reboot
    ?????
    Profit

--

If you want or need to make your own rooted boot image
    You need the latest Magisk Manager installed.
    Stable Magisk for Android 10, maybe 11 | Canary Magisk for Android 11 for sure.
    Download the desired Stock Boot Image from here or extract it yourself from Google's Factory Image zip.
    Copy to sdcard of your device.
    Open Magisk Manager, click the first 'Install' button next to 'Magisk is up to date'.
    Click 'Install'.
    Click 'Select and Patch a File'
    Find and select the desired Stock Boot Image.
    You will find the magisk patched, Rooted Boot Image in the sdcard/Download folder titled 'magisk_patched.img'
    Copy that to your pc and flash your pixel 4a from fastboot or copy to the phone and flash with exkm/fkm/etc.
    Reboot
    Install Magisk Manager
    Enjoy being rooted.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [Stock/Rooted Boot Images] Pixel 4a [NOV 02], Tool/Utility for the Google Pixel 4a

Contributors
    HolyAngel
    Source Code: https://developers.google.com/android/images#sunfish

Version Information

Created 2020-08-24
    Last Updated 2020-11-02
    Hello!

Attached on this post are the stock and Magisk patched boot.img files from Android 11 April update.

Patched with latest Magisk version 22.0.

Remember, to root your Pixel 4a all you need to do is to connect your device on your PC and:

*Reboot to bootloader*
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader

*Erase current boot partition*
    Code:
    fastboot erase boot

*Flash Magisk Patched boot.img into boot partition*
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot magisk_patched_boot-sunfish-rq2a.210405.005.img

*Reboot to system*
    Code:
    fastboot continue

Cheers!
    Hello!

Attached on this post are the stock and Magisk patched boot.img files from Android 11 July update.

Patched with latest Magisk Canary version 23.0.0.1.

Remember, to root your Pixel 4a all you need to do is to connect your device on your PC and:

*Reboot to bootloader*
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader

*Erase current boot partition*
    Code:
    fastboot erase boot

*Flash Magisk Patched boot.img into boot partition*
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot magisk_patched_boot-sunfish-rq3a.210705.001.img

*Reboot to system*
    Code:
    fastboot continue

Cheers!
    D
    Deleted member 5638945
    Hello, here are the stock and magisk patched boot.img files for January Update

Can confirm here that it's working with the latest Magisk release
    Alright, posted with credits. Thanks again! Saves me a bit of time tonight to keep working on a kernel and then TWRP and a ROM after that.

Speaking of.. Here's a sneak preview :cool: